Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$14.99

on October 29, 2013
A quiet evening, nothing much good on t-v. Then I stumbled on Nova Science Now and was treated to a riveting series of stages of human development. Where did we come from? How did we get where we are? Where are we going? Not preachy, not pendantic. And not dumbed down. Presented to interest folks like me who think we are not interested and imparting valuable knowledge.
on January 12, 2013
I used this episode in my high school science classroom the day before we went on Thanksgiving break. It kept their attention when movies to them usually mean naptime!! We found the science to be interesting and the first segment is fun for viewing around Thanksgiving :)
on September 12, 2013
I watched this with my 9 year old son who is very inquisitive and interested in science. These David Pogue shows are great!!! We watched one explaining all the elements, how they are different, what makes up the elements, and why and how they behave differently. This also explained nuclear fission and fusion which I failed to properly explain to my son before this program. So I highly recommend these shows as Pogue really breaks down the item he is explaining and has many hands on demonstrations but makes it very entertaining to watch.
on February 3, 2014
Originally intended as a "softer", more kid-friendly version of Nova, by around Season 4 the producers must have realized people of all ages were watching. The condescension of speech and cartoonish action and imagery are pretty much gone, replaced by simple, straightforward explanations of truly remarkable things. Basically, Nova with a smile.
on April 29, 2015
The NOVA SchienceNOW is a great series suitable for the whole family. The series covers a wide range of topics, some more technical than others, but all in a form which young to adult can learn something and which will stimulate conversation and "teaching moments" for adults to their children.
on March 1, 2015
The ever enlightening Nova Science Now looses just a little bit of its former magic along with its old host, Neil DeGrass Tyson. Still plenty of great science segments aimed at kids but fun for adults as well.
on August 27, 2014
An amazing scientific documentary series. I love watching this NOVA it. because of it's trustworthy of the hows and why scientific investigative point of view on topics concerning it. It covers pretty much everything and very understandable explanations....
on January 9, 2014
Well, they took my beloved NOVA but refreshed it, made it much more dynamic, a better spectrum of all the aspects of the subject at hand, varying interview, pictures, and with the MC actually getting into the role and doing experiments. Much less of a talking heads, an up-to-date presentation, entertaining but still very instructive. The best science program I know.
on March 17, 2014
I haven't found a Nova Science Now I haven't enjoyed yet. They are produced to be easy to watch.

Many programs think that it's best to flash 100 images within a 10 second time period and that that is visually appealing or entertaining. You know, sometimes more is not better! Trying to cram too much into too little time is a waste of time. In addition, I hate the way some programs will repeat 30 seconds or more of what was just shown 2 minutes earlier. Do you think I am not watching? It Drives me crazy! I want to have enough of the image on the screen to contemplate what I'm being shown before moving on to the next. I always am turned off by those that do that and end up getting nothing out of them. Nova, for the most part gives you time to actually enjoy the program and not feel like you are being blasted into viewing submission.
on September 29, 2013
Nova Science Now is what I consider to be one of the best shows on television. I love the magazine format. Quick stories that really keep your interest.