5.0 out of 5 stars fun for science classrooms
I used this episode in my high school science classroom the day before we went on Thanksgiving break. It kept their attention when movies to them usually mean naptime!! We found the science to be interesting and the first segment is fun for viewing around Thanksgiving :)
Published on January 12, 2013 by Ella Brockelman

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Not bad, lacks the scope of a full nova episode.
Published 2 months ago by bob johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars fun for science classrooms, January 12, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars What an awesome surprise, October 29, 2013
A quiet evening, nothing much good on t-v. Then I stumbled on Nova Science Now and was treated to a riveting series of stages of human development. Where did we come from? How did we get where we are? Where are we going? Not preachy, not pendantic. And not dumbed down. Presented to interest folks like me who think we are not interested and imparting valuable knowledge.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best shows on television, September 29, 2013
Veronica M. Day (Foxborough, MA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NOVA scienceNOW season 6 (Amazon Instant Video)
Nova Science Now is what I consider to be one of the best shows on television. I love the magazine format. Quick stories that really keep your interest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great educational tool to watch with your children, September 12, 2013
James Stroud (Oakton, VA United States) - See all my reviews
I watched this with my 9 year old son who is very inquisitive and interested in science. These David Pogue shows are great!!! We watched one explaining all the elements, how they are different, what makes up the elements, and why and how they behave differently. This also explained nuclear fission and fusion which I failed to properly explain to my son before this program. So I highly recommend these shows as Pogue really breaks down the item he is explaining and has many hands on demonstrations but makes it very entertaining to watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars NOVA scienceNOW season 6, February 20, 2014
Great science program! Kids have it so great today to have things like this available to them online! Back in the day, getting the facts wasn't so easy!

Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good show., February 8, 2014
Interesting and informative. Well done as usual. You will learn a lot and be better informed. Watch them all. Now no more words required. Good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, February 3, 2014
Which is was still NDT, but still enjoyable! Wish it would come back on TV, but cant wait for Cosmos

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for kids, February 3, 2014
Originally intended as a "softer", more kid-friendly version of Nova, by around Season 4 the producers must have realized people of all ages were watching. The condescension of speech and cartoonish action and imagery are pretty much gone, replaced by simple, straightforward explanations of truly remarkable things. Basically, Nova with a smile.

5.0 out of 5 stars gppd shows., February 2, 2014
Amazon Customer (Franklin Park, NJ, US) - See all my reviews
Great program worth wayching.
A good change to watch a few themes of great onterest to adults looking to get an understanding on great topics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series, July 7, 2014
Excellent series with much interesting information regarding things we all care about. Especially for young people. The host {Pogue} is funny and helps the show be entertaining.