Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her May The Best Garden Be Yours Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

Size: 32ozPackage Type: Standard PackagingChange
Price:$18.50+ Free shipping

on June 6, 2011
MCT oil is excellent for health, weightloss & weight mgmt. I always had a bottle handy @ home but I didn't use it regularly for a while. I had a hard time losing some weight despite regular exercise @ the gym & an improved diet. I usually do well on a low-carb diet when I want to lose weight but this time I wasn't getting any results - I yo-yo'd too much over the yrs & ate very poorly (lots of sugary carbs washed down w/tumblers of strong coffee) for the past 5 yrs, which along w/chronic stress took a slow but steady toll on my health. That was bad, but I can't erase it.

This time, I didn't begin to burn any bodyfat until I started taking this oil in my diet on a daily basis - 1-2 Tbsp in my morning decaf & sometimes another spoonful in my lunchtime protein shake, yogurt or whatever meal I'm having for lunch (esp. moistens meat that cooked too dry). This helped me finally lose the 8 lbs that otherwise wouldn't budge. I never thought it would be so hard to lose a few lbs despite seemingly doing everything else right. It's been 5 months now & I haven't gained them back even though I'm consuming more carbs now.

I use this oil now every day. It has a pleasant "non-taste" that I enjoy b/c it doesn't alter the flavor of whatever I add it to. It's great for energy maintenance (along w/B12 vitamin) & stamina. Before using this oil (plus eating better) I felt worn-out very quickly. Now that I use it regularly I not only get through the day w/o crashing but also through the entire work wk w/o burning out (my job is consistently hectic & very tiring).

I had adrenal exhaustion a yr ago & these kinds of dietary & lifestyle modifications really helped me to recover. The oil is flavorless, colorless, w/a thin consistency, so it's appealing to my palate. I like that it also adds pleasant moistness to any dry foods & makes a great salad oil, it's very light. Sometimes I take some straight by the spoonful before going to the gym - I find it boosts my muscle stamina & can exercise more intensely.

I've tried some other MCT brands in past yrs but I like NOW brand best for its large size, comes in a dark glass bottle not plastic, & is the most affordable high-quality oil I've found, so I stick w/it now (I buy it elsewhere, but the price here is comparable). Others I've tried were either emulsified & flavored (which limited them only for athletic use) or packaged in plastic bottles (which I'm leary of for fats/oils). I trust NOW brand & use a number of this brand's supplements, always at the lowest prices w/o compromising quality or effectiveness. Some of their other supplements I use include 7-Keto DHEA 100mg (metabolism/thermogenesis), pyruvate 1000mg (gym stamina), carnitine liquid 3000mg (muscular energy), & psyllium fiber. I love the fact that MCT comes from coconut oil, which is another fantastic healthful oil that I depend on in my diet for general good health (including skincare) - coconut oil can be used for cooking but pure MCT oil cannot.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2013
I first ordered this about 6 months ago to make Dave Asprey's Bulletproof coffee (which also calls for grass-fed butter which can be very hard to find, but my local Trader Joe's carries Kerrygold grass-fed butter). I first made it with 2 TBS of MCT oil and quickly discovered that was too much for me at 145 lbs (I went for a walk right after and had to make like the bear...), so I cut back to 1 TBS which I handled just fine. I heard Dave Asprey on a podcast recommend starting with just 1 tsp to see how well you tolerate it, and to work your way up from there so your body can adjust. Here are the results after 6 months of daily Bulletproof coffee made with 1 TBS MCT oil and 1 TBS grass-fed butter:

1. I have lost 8 pounds EFFORTLESSLY. I did not reduce my calorie intake, at least not intentionally

2. I have a much more steady flow of energy. Rather than the morning caffeine high and mid-day crash and more coffee and more crashing, etc, I now just drink one big mug of bulletproof in the AM and that's it for the day. Again, this took no effort - I just found I no longer wanted or needed any more coffee for the day.

3. I feel great and since I am 57 years old and recently started running, that's noteworthy. I started because I read in Gretchen Reynold's "The First 20 Minutes" book on exercise that the knees of older adults who run are actually healthier that non-runner's knee's. I can now run 3 miles in under 30 minutes which I have been told is pretty spectacular for an old broad. Don't know if it's the MCT oil, but I'm not about to stop drinking my bulletproof to find out. And everything is beautiful and NOTHING HURTS, to quote Kurt Vonnegut.

4. My lower digestive track is healthier - this stuff makes me as regular as clockwork. I never really had any problems in that arena, but I'm high-performing now. (I bet you folks just love reading about reviewers' bathroom habits :)

Oh and BTW - bulletproof coffee is delicious!
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2010
A cure for Alzheimer's? Not exactly but it does provide amazing results. We discovered the use of coconut oil and MCT oil on a website: [...]
which tells the story of a doctor whose husband has Alzheimers. She had remarkable results with giving him this oil three times a day. So, we tried it too along with coconut pills and coconut spread. We also are seeing remarkable improvement's in my mother's dementia. It may not work for everyone, but it's worth checking out.

There are virtually no side effects other than diarrhea if you take too much too soon. It's pretty much tasteless and can be added to food or beverages. Gradually adding it to the diet is recommended.

How it works in a nutshell is that it provides the brain with ketones/triglicerides that the body is no longer producing enough of and sends it directly to the brain, bypassing the liver. It is the adding of these ketones that feed the brain what it is lacking. The side effects of these ketones are less confusion and more memory retention, and patients have remarked that after taking this it is like "turning the light on" in the brain. You can see minimal results after two hours of the first dose. And improvements continue the longer a person takes it in gradually increased doses. You will be completely convinced of its effect if you use it for a month then take it away for a week. Of course, you may have to start all over in smaller doses, but if it is working, you will definitely know. I've personally started adding to my coffee each morning (I'm 42 years old and a diabetic and new studies link Alzheimer's and diabetes)

Baby formulas have MCT forms added because it helps the brain develop and pre-mature babies have been getting it in one form or another since the 60's because of it's effect on the developing brain.

Go to that website, read the research. Check it out for yourself. If it works for you, please spread the good news.
1818 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2013
I don't know that it's helping me and my 60yo husband burn calories any faster, but I DO feel good about getting this oil (via a green smoothie) into our systems (brains) every day. I've added a pic above to illustrate how I avoid the oft cited spillage problems when measuring out--transfer oil to a squeeze bottle.
review image
on June 1, 2014
UPDATE: What I have found from the MCT oil is I am WAY more alert and have more energy. I use one tbls twice a day. My skin is glowing.
Weight loss: Well,deep breath here it goes....I started the HCG diet. HCG 2.0 - Don't Starve, Eat Smart and Lose: A Modern Adaptation of the Traditional HCG Diet And Dr.Zach LaBoube the author of the book is a good source to get the HCG as well. There are plenty of fakes out there. HCG has had a bad rep for whatever reason but OMG I have been losing a pound a day, zero for saggy skin and I eat PLENTY. I eat a LOT of food and I'm never hungry. I miss nothing. Even sugar. I am healthier than I have been in decades!! Basically I eat meat and vegetables and fruit. Not heavy on the fruit. Nothing packaged. I do weight my meat. 3.5 to 4.0 oz. The book is clear and I really don't have a problem following the diet. This is THE best thing I have EVER done!! The diet is specific but I don't think hard. I LOVE the results. Love it, love it! In 32 days I lost 30 lbs! If you need to lose more, after 45 days on the HCG you have to take a month break so your body doesn't get use to it and then do another 45 day round (or how every many rounds you need). Seriously, you average a pound a day and I have MOUNDS of energy. Do I know if its the diet or MCT? Well, I am more alert with MCT I noticed. I think on the days I used the MCT I noticed I can go all day working my butt off with plenty of energy. So I have to think it really helps!

Original Review:
I am a huge fan of regular virgin coconut oil which is suppose to help with thyroid and weight loss. I used about three tablespoons a day as recommended. While I have seen a difference in my skin and hair I haven't seen huge differences in weight loss as I have with the MCT oil.
My first week I have lost a pound a day and now second week I am losing at least a pound every other day. And.. I'm 60. For two decades I haven't been able to budge my weight no matter what I tried.
Here is what I am doing.

I have three recommendations

One: Standard Process Purification and Weight Loss Kit (available here on Amazon) There are a lot of pills in there and it may seem pricey but it works like nothing else has.

Two: go see Dr Eric Berg videos on youtube. He is a wealth of info and also has great products. Dr Berg talks about purification/detox as well. He said that you have to get well FIRST and then you loose weight, not the other way around. I found that to be true as well. Once you cleanse your liver the weight starts to come off. You may see no results for awhile even months but then all of a sudden it starts coming off. Depending on what your health was. Have patience. Really keep on doing and eating the right things and it will come off.

Three: Use three tablespoons of MCT oil a day. I split it up throughout the day. I can honestly say I have done the same routine with and without the MCT oil and the oil has absolutely made a difference. I was using straight coconut oil in my shake or cooking my eggs in it (well still do that, its so yummy!)

AM: Omelet; loaded with goodies such as mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, spinach. (not much cheese right now if any)
or have a boiled egg. I have boiled eggs around at all times for my fast food.

AM snack: A Shake. I use Standard Process shake OR Dr Eric Berg shake (wonderful and chocolate, LOADED with nutrition)
In this shake I used the MCT Oil about on tablespoon

Lunch: Small chicken salad, loaded again with goodies. Use a light dressing! You can use 1 tablespoon on your salad if you want.

PM afternoon snack say around 3 or 4pm: A shake, with two tablespoons MCT OIL. (or save to put on salads)

PM Dinner: I eat about the palm of my hand size meat. I eat chicken and fish a lot. Some steak. I am not as big on beef myself. With that I steam broccoli and cauliflower and eat mounds of it. Dr Berg recommendations is to eat 8 cups of veggies a day. More cruciferous type veggies. More above ground veggies vs below ground ( such as potatoes)

Before bed: This one is just me. They say don't eat 3-4 hours before you go to bed but I sleep better if I do eat something. I usually make it a boiled egg. Something simple.

I eat about 3 apples a day (helps clear the liver)

There you have it. It is actually a LOT of food and you aren't hungry and I really don't miss anything. THE BIGGEST KEY IS TO STAY AWAY FROM WHEAT AND OTHER GRAIN. Period. Don't do it. I no longer miss bread and I use to grind my own wheat and make my own bread every week. Talk about missing something. I don't miss it. My asthma is WAY better, no pain in my body, my skin (eczema) has clear completely up.
Read WHEAT BELLY. Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health by William Davis
The book will scare you straight. Makes sense and I am living proof it matters. Who knew wheat is GMO and we can't digest it!

Other said MCT oil made a difference. It is tasteless which helps a lot in using it wherever you want to. It boosts your metabolism. How do I know.. because it makes me feel 'hotter'. I have no problem with getting the runs as someone was worried about but I think that is because I spread out the times I use it. Using it before bedtime didn't really keep me awake but it did keep me too hot to sleep. Its not like you will walk around sweating but you are warmer. In air conditioning or cooler days you won't really notice.

Increase your B Vitamin intake. That helped with energy and fat metabolism too. I used Nutritional yeast and put it in my shakes. Now Foods Nutritional Yeast Flakes (here in Amazon) This is not a requirement but one more thing that gives a boost.

The Standard Process products are top shelf. There are a LOT of pills to take. But for once it mattered and I am dropping weight where I haven't been in over two decades as I said. If you want to avoid the cost start with just the MCT oil and eating as suggested. Be sure to eat plenty of food. Less is not helpful at all. I noticed by eating something about ever three hours I loose much faster!!

I have lost an average of 10 lbs in two weeks and I'm still loosing effortlessly between one half to a pound a day.

Exercise? If I can. I haven't much because of asthma and being seriously out of shape for so long (being sick). I have tried to ride my bicycle some or walk. I love the Sunpentown Healthy Swing Machine with Swivel Disc by Sunpentown (here on Amazon $93 currently) See youtube video on that one. For those who can't exercise much this works wonders. The down side to the swing machine is it doesn't get your heart rate up or your lungs ( a plus in my case) but I do need to exercise my heart! So it can't be the everything. It is considered a 'passive aerobic' exercise. "Aerobic means -With oxygen" which does help to burn fat. You can feel the tingle when you stop. Cool beans!

Best of luck! I will stay on MCT oil forever. Triple the coconut oil benefits? Can you get better than that!
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2012
I ordered this product to add to my coffee in the morning blended along with butter from grass-fed cows (2 cups coffee, 1 TB MCT oil, 2 TB butter). It may sound odd, but it tastes like you put high quality cream in your coffee and this alone keeps you satiated and going strong until at least lunch. I do put a little bit of stevia or a popular erythritol/stevia blend in there to make it just barely sweet.

If you are trying to lose fat, combining MCT oil with a low-carb diet (<100g per day), especially removing the grains and obvious sugar, is the way to go. If nothing else, don't start the day off with carbs because you'll knock your body out of the fat-burning state it was in when you were fasting while asleep.

NOW generally seems to have good quality products at substantially lower prices than their competition.

Regarding shipping...

I ordered the twin pack, not the single bottle.

One of the bottles had somehow ruptured its seal and was leaking slightly in the box through its packaging. I'm not sure if it was the almost 100 degree heat, shipping halfway across the country, the seller's shipping department, or my lackadaisical UPS guy.

I called the seller and they promptly have put a replacement in the mail free of charge. I will update this review once I receive it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2014
Okay, so I'm super new to the coffee world, let alone MCT oil. About a month ago I discovered the super charged latte, which is basically a bulletproof coffee. I did some digging, and discovered enough benefits of this crazy concoction that I decided to try it out. I am IMPRESSED. Mind you, this on the heels of discovering a new workout program and switching to a gf/df diet. Usually when I start working out and especially when I start losing weight or body fat, my appetite goes into overdrive. I become food obsessed and no matter how hearty of a breakfast and/or lunch I have I still practically barge down the door after work in desperate anticipation of dinner. Also, it has also been difficult to kick my deplorable coca cola habit.
Well, tada- introducing the super charged latte and I'm totally different! Until this week I have been making 20oz of coffee, 2Tblsp of GRASSFED butter (I'm lactose intolerant so I was VERY leary of this... but some reading said otherwise, they were right!), and 2Tblsp of organic coconut oil, 4oz of unsweetened almond milk, and a scoop of protein powder. Not only have I absolutely not even missed a daily coca cola, but I can eat a simple, small- almost snack like, breakfast. At lunch I am not seduced by the powerful smells of pizza and fries, I can happily and satisfyingly CHOOSE to eat whatever healthy, even pure vegetable lunch without feeling lame about not devouring junk food. But here's the thing. Just got the MCT oil this week and switched the coconut oil out for 2tsps of MCT... my day didn't start any different, same healthy breakfast, same healthy lunch... but I got home and decided that the dinner at my family's house wasn't healthy enough and I wanted to wait to use the healthy stuff I had at home. I got home and was so focused on getting in my 1 hour workout program while my child slept (earlier than usual), that all of a sudden I was getting ready to hit the hay at 940pm and I suddenly realized- WHOA! Not only did I forget to have dinner, but I literally didn't feel desperate to eat something. I was able to make a sound and smart decision to have a small serving of lightly sauteed greens and a couple of slices of organic lunch meat. It's several days later and I'm very happy I got MCT oil. I've also been able to continue losing weight, which... I'm very happy with. I hope to continue seeing its benefits and am thankful this was available!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2014
This stuff is like the nectar of the gods. I lost 80lb's supplementing MCT oil in my diet. I use it for salad dressing, add it to my coffee, pour it on my steak and eggs. Mix it in a protein shake, you name it. This stuff works if you are trying to lose some weight, works even better if your eating a low carb diet. Highly reccomend
on June 2, 2013
I take about 1.5 Tbs a day with my AM coffee(along with 1.5 Tbs of grass fed butter). I noticed I can go longer before eating and I also feel sharper throughout the day. The MCT oil also seemed to help with some knee/joint pain from working out and playing sports. I buy 2 bottles at a time from Swanson health because the shipping price doesn't change when you buy 2.
on September 1, 2013
I've read up on the information regarding MCT oil and it's promising for weight management. So, I thought I'd give this a shot. I'm in my 40s and seem to be having a little difficulty losing weight as easily as I used to. I do a lot of research before I try any product and this seems promising. The first week I used it I did lose 4lbs, but, I did reduce my calorie intake to around 1200 and I workout at least an hour a day. One of the other main reasons why I might have lost quickly is that this oil totally clears out my intestinal track - if you know what I mean!! I tried the recommended dosage and can definitely say that I'll be reducing that quite a bit to see if it makes a difference. Several times now, I almost didn't make it to the bathroom. Once was while I was at work I was very, very close to embarrassing myself. Even taking with food, I still have issues. So, this week I'll probably scale it down to a quarter of the recommended dosage and see how I can tolerate it.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse