Questions & Answers
NOW Foods Vitamin D3 5000 Iu, 120-Softgels
by Now Foods
4.7 out of 5 stars (628)
$7.99
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 20 questions
votes
IU means international unit. Its a common unit of measure used around the world. My name is Greg L. and I've been a registered nurse for over 12 years. My passion is educating people on natural ways of healing the human body and prevetion of disease. I use 5000iu of Vitamin D3 every other days to avoid toxicity.
Nov 27, 2012 by Dr. Feelgood
votes
Vitamin D2 and/or Vitamin D3 There are two types of vitamin D supplements available for over-the-counter purchase (vitamin D2 and vitamin D3). Vitamin D3 is the type that most experts believe should be utilized in clinical practice (Wolpowitz & Gilchrest, 2006). Vitamin D2 is also known as "ergocalciferol," and vitamin D3 is also known as "cholecalciferol." This is important for patients who have purchased a dietary supplement that does not indicate the specific type of vitamin D in the product by number but have listed the scientific name. Most experts now believe that the only form that should be purchased is vitamin D3. Vitamin D2 is also very acceptable, but in the author's opinion, most individuals should switch to D3. There is a plethora of logical reasons for advocating the use of vitamin D3 over vitamin D2 dietary supplements (Wolpowitz, & Gilchrest, 2006), including: UVB light from the sun strikes the skin, and humans synthesize vitamin D3, so it is the most "natural" form. Human beings do not make vitamin D2, and most healthy fish contain vitamin D3. Vitamin D3 is the same price as vitamin D2. Vitamin D3 may be less toxic than D2 because higher concentrations of D2 circulate in the blood when consumed (compared to vitamin D3). It does not bind as well to the receptors in the human tissues compared to vitamin D3.
Dec 11, 2013 by Gracie
vote
Cholecalciferol from lanolin 5000 IU, extra virgin olive oil and soft gel capsule (gelatin, glycerin, water)
May 8, 2014 by UnrulyMom
votes
I don't know, but notice that if you are allergic to anything that is related to animal products, this product contains gelatin
15 days ago by D
votes
The vitamin D-3 that I purchased, says that it contains gelatin. It does not list the source. However, for product information, it suggests that you visit www.nowfoods.com/0373. Hope this helps.
May 28, 2014 by Patricia Winters
votes
My bottle says Best By 09/2016. I received my bottle on October 9, 2013
Apr 23, 2014 by Jovan Nguyen
votes
They are very small. I've never taken the 1000 IU caps so I can't compare, but they are smaller than a jelly bean.
Apr 18, 2014 by KingOGames
votes
None that I can see, Gary. As I read the label for "fillers," I don't see any corn products listed. I consider NOW products pretty clean and reliable. What you might do is get on the NOW website and/or call them for validation to be sure.
Mar 2, 2014 by G. Quigley
votes
k2? Feb 18, 2014
Are you asking if you need to supplement k2 while taking D3? If so, I do acknowledge that k2 is important and needed. Now sure what your situation is, but for a healthy person, most people get adequate k2 from their diet. It's found in eggs, cheeses, beef, etc. Depending on your health, you may want to take a supplement. My son eats a good diet and does not take supplemental k2. At least not right now.
Feb 18, 2014 by Amazon Customer
votes
Country Life sells a vegan D3. NOW uses gelatin from pork or beef to encapsulate the capsules. NOW does make a D3 labeled "Vegetarian" that is said to be fine for vegans also.
Feb 12, 2014 by mzzbee
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Search Questions and Answers