Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on October 27, 2015
I didn't get what I purchased! Can you believe it! It is actually the third time this has happened to me with Amazon.
I actually received the NS-P4112 which is just a plain CD player with headphones, nothing else.I can listen to my books. Nothing spectacular, just average performance. I expect this is priced lower than the one I actually ordered so I guess Amazon owes me some money. Now this is the kicker, the CD shell package has an external sticker with a barcode 100326561 and another number B00393K1LI that states that it is the NS-P5113. Well, the warehouse sticker lacks the magical ability to convert an NS-P4112 into an NS-P5113. What a mess!
In both previous instances I sent the items back explaining that they had tagged them incorrectly, (I ordered a Challah cover which is a cotton tea towel to cover the dough while it raises) and I received a set of measuring cups. Send them back, and this time I got a cake mold , send it back. At this point Amazon gave up and refunded my money. They plainly said they were sorry but until the mistake is corrected in the warehouse there's nothing to be done.
on January 21, 2012
Save your money. This thing chews up batteries quickly and rarely plays MP3 CDs without error messages. I play the same CDs (this thing wont) in other players and they play without issue. THIS THINK STINKS!!! CAN'T ANYBODY MAKE A DECENT PORTABLE MP-3 PLAYER THAT DOESN'T COST AN ARM AND LEG?

I bought this piece to travel with me on the road driving truck and spending many hour in airports & flying - I can bring my whole music collection along with me with a small folder full of MP-3 CDs. This thing has regularly screwed me. I HATE IT!!!!

I had an old Phillips player that died after many years of service & abuse - wish I had one of those again.
on February 22, 2016
I was impressed with this CD player when I received it. The sound quality was excellent and it was easy to use. Unfortunately, after about six hurs, it quit working and I was obliged to return it to Amazon.
on July 13, 2015
Imagine my surprise when I found my new Jeep Cherokee with the 8.4 media center had no CD player! I read a lot of reviews before selecting this very reasonably priced Insignia. Why this? 1) it has an output to the audio plugin 2) the Jeep has a 110 plug which allows me to use the player without batteries. If you don't own a Jeep, this might not work as well for you. The player itself has been flawless and does not skip when going over uneven terrain. I have listened to CD music and MP3 recorded books. So far everything plays (including self-made MP3's. This might not be your experience as some buyers said the player did not hold up. I waited to write this until I had given it several weeks of play. This option for entertainment was necessary for me as I have a large collection of CDs and MP3's.
on September 6, 2015
I don't like this product but there is no other CD player that my wife can put in her handbag, move around the house with it. Be sure buy from Best Buy and get their 2-year warranty. This things eats batteries. I got a battery recharger and some rechargeable batteries; the regular Lithium batteries go just as fast, as the cheaper ones. Pleased that Amazon has its brand of rechargeable batteries. I wish there wasa a better player for the price.
on November 15, 2011
I don't which Pacific Rim No-Namo outfit makes this gem, but it's pure junk.

"What would you have wanted to know before you purchased the product?"

I would have wanted to know that it would play half of one CD, and then cease working... forever. The FM tuner "works," in the strict sense of the word, but it's weak and noisy. The earbuds are some sort of Chinese instruments of physical torture.

Save your money.
on June 8, 2016
Purchased this in Feb of 2016. Used five times and then it just stopped working. I thought it was the batteries so I go out and purchase new batteries. Nope!! darn thing has died on me. Now some people would say...well just trash it, however, this was not cheap. I paid around $60 for this item and this is what happens? So I say to myself....self...you just go and return this flawed product. oh no....this product is not eligible for return. But wait! I only bought it in Feb and this is what...June...? a lousy four months? Is that your policy Mr. Insignia? If so then there will be no more purchases from you again. Thanks for nothing!
on July 5, 2015
I bought two of these, one for myself and one for my son. Both show "Low Battery" almost from the start and we need to ignore it. Pause function is touchy but I have figured it out. When I clean house or walk, I put it in a fanny pack with Bose headphones and the controls are touchy - easily turns itself off by accident. I Liked my previous Sony player better but can't seem to find it.
One strong positive: the batteries are easy to change.
My son just called me and told me that he dropped his from a sitting position onto a tile floor and it now is skipping badly. I have ordered him a different brand as he said he thinks his was using too many batteries and the low battery indicator was a bother.
on July 18, 2015
I used it for audiobooks, and as you couldn't fast forward through parts of it other than going to the next track, that got problematic. As some of the tracks were 45 minutes long, and since the player wouldn't remember the place in the track it was stopped at, I would have to either relisten to all of it again or skip over howevermuch was left and go straight to the next track. Not good. Now, it's entirely possible that you can just FF in a track but since I didn't get a manual, I couldn't get it to do that. Some of the buttons were interesting looking but without a manual to learn how to use them they were basically pointless. But, it was cheap and I only needed it once.
on June 28, 2014
I have a lot of MP3 CDs that all of my other MP3 CD players can play, including my car stereo, but the Insignia NS-P5113 was unable to play any of them. Not a one. That was the reason I bought it for and this is the reason I returned it.