Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "NTM-910YLW - Sony Baby Call Nursery Monitor (Disco...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 21% off the $49.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
|Price:||$44.95 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$5.04 (10%)|
NTM-910YLW - Sony Baby Call Nursery Monitor (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Designed to offer the clearest connection to your baby
- 27 channels to minimize interference
- Built-in rechargeable battery receiver
- Voice activation mode
- 900 MHz technology for extended range
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
With that said, my husband and I are very, very satisfied with the Baby Call Nursery Monitor (27 channel) from Sony. But we didn't choose it first. When our old Sony Baby Call (a hand-me-down from a relative) died on us after having it for about 7 years and using it with our oldest son, packing it away and unpacking it for about 6 more months of use with our newborn son, we were on the hunt for a replacement.
I was at [a store]and picked up the Fisher-Price Sound N Lights With Dual Receivers. It was a less expensive model, there was a whole wall of them at the store, and we were interested in a 2-receiver system because we have a two-story home. We figured it had to be a decent product - especially since it has received above average reviews from Amazon.com reviewers. Well as soon as we plugged it in, all we got was static. Oh sure, we could hear our son crying if we had it cranked all the way to maximum volume, but the additional static noise was incredibly annoying, especially when it's sitting on the night table next to your head and you're trying to find some precious hours of sleep. Also, after one night of use, one receiver's 9-volt battery had been completely depleted - after just one night! What a joke! It was no Sony! So we were on the hunt again.
What we determined (a little too late...Read more ›
Things I like:
* When I'm in range of the baby and all is working well, the monitor is very quiet.
* The rechargeable battery works great! Even when I occasionally forget to plug it in overnight, the receiver doesn't run out of juice.
* It's nice to have 27 channels to choose from. Our monitor gets so little interference that we've only ever used the default channel. But it's good to know that we have options if we ever do need to switch.
* It hooks nicely into my pocket or belt, so I can wear it on my hip as I do other things around the house.
Things I don't like:
* It's easy to be out of range in my (average-sized) house. The baby's room is at a top corner of the house. When I'm in the dining room or living room, the monitor makes a lot of badly noisy static, and its out-of-range signal makes endless beepitty-beep noises.
* When the receiver is plugged in but there's no power being supplied to its plug, instead of getting power from its battery -- it just stops working!!! This is a problem if (1) you plug in the receiver incorrectly (I've done that a few times), or (2) during a power outage. If there is a power outage, then the receiver is completely silent. A nighttime power outage is the one time when I *do* want it to make beepity-beep noises, and static, and all kinds of other racket, because I want it to wake me up so that I can go sleep someplace where I can hear the baby.Read more ›
1) Super clear compared to most nursery monitors on the market. There is little to no static or "white" noise in the background.
2) There are two "on" settings. One is the regular stay on all the time setting and there is the voice activated setting. It also has a light monitor that lights up according to the intensity of the sound (i.e., baby crying).
3) Water resistant so that you can place this receiver in damp rooms such as a bathroom or a laundry room. (Note: it's water resistant but not WATERPROOF. In other words, you shouldn't take it into the shower or bath with you.)
4) In addition to an external DC supply, it comes with a 2.4V rechargable battery supply.
5) It has up to 27 potential channels to choose from and is 900 MHz.
1) There is only ONE receiver.
2) It is bulky.
3) It is difficult to see the control settings on the side (i.e., OFF, ON, VOICE ACT) and can easily be in the off position instead of on.
Improvement suggestions for Sony:
1) A 2.4GHz monitor would be great for more range and potentially greater clarity. I think people would be willing to pay a little extra for this considering this current product is wonderful already.
2) Two receivers would be wonderful and convenient. Again, I think people would be willing to pay for the extra receiver.
3) You could slim it down a bit or change the design to something a little more ergonomic.
4) The three indicators at the bottom of the face of the receiver is not necessary since there are indicators at the very bottom of the receiver for the selection of channels.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We bought this device 3 years ago for our son. And it still works great. Good reception from second floor to basement and outside. Great price.Published 1 month ago by Roman
This was a replacement for the one I bought it's my first baby. It's pretty good, especially for the price. Read morePublished 2 months ago by A. Heimsoth
excellent taste but I could be of better quality soundPublished 3 months ago by José Angel Perea Añez
My daughter is almost two and I still have the original unit. Still works just as well as it did when she was born. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Lynn
Love this monitor. Wish I had this one with my first two babies.Published 4 months ago by Andrea N.
I had borrowed this monitor from a friend for a short time, and it seemed to work, so I got this as a second monitor when we were having a new baby a few months ago. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Melanie Birnholtz