Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: NUANCE by Selma Hayek Anti-Aging Super Cream AM/PM (BOXED)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

I do not use any moisturizer, as a rule, and precious few skin care items. At almost 60, I have tried many different highly-advertised products, only to be disappointed in their performance. Consequently, I rarely use anything on my skin but soap and water. Many of the products that I have purchased were expensive, and felt greasy, oily, and heavy. In my opinion, most of them were a waste of money. Nuance - is different.

One of the things I love about it, is that it is AFFORDABLE! Another thing, is that it is readily available. Not only does Amazon carry it, but most CVS stores have it in stock. The third thing, is that it smells fresh, and "edible", and goes on smoothly. There is no greasy residue, and a little bit goes a long way.

The best thing, is that it works! My skin looks and feels great!

Selma Hayek's Anti=Aging Super Cream AM/PM is the most affordable, effective skin cream I have ever used. A++++!
11 comment|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2015
Please delete my complaint against NUAUNCE! I got caught on a FRAUD charge by an outfit with a similar name-- NEWAUNCE (888-457-9368) who billed me for $89.92. I just found out that NEWAUNCE is not the same outfit as NUANCE!!! NEWAUNCE is obviously trying to imitate NUANCE, and I fell for it. My bank has got my money back for me. NUAUNCE is a reputable outfit, and I thought I was ordering from them. I'm sorry, and I hope my complaint against NUAUNCE is pulled. Evelyn R. Smith
on January 3, 2013
UPDATE 12/30/2013. I still like this cream but now rotate it with Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair or Rapid Tone Repair. I go though a jar of this, then a bottle of that, then a jar of this, so on and so forth. I like the Neutrogena just a tad better is why but this still works well within the regimine that I use it in so the alternating I guess keeps me from getting bored with my routine. I also alternate the oil cleansers that I use depending on the season. Let it be known, the on-set of menopause will be coming in a few short years but I got carded the other day. I looked in the mirror this morning and smiled at how young I look to myself. About 1 week ago, a woman guessed that I was 28! I am SO much older than that, she was WAY OFF and it makes me happy knowing that I'm not trying to look young, just do my best at taking care of my skin. It's one thing for you to think you notice positive changes in your own appearance but something great when it's apparent that other people notice. Some people have a misconception that women of color do not need to care as much for their skin but that is FALSE!! We have to moisturize and tone and cleanse or be plagued with acne, ashiness, uneven tone, wrinkles and craters, all of which I have none. My skin is smooth and an even color all over. No blemishes, no acne, no craters. I especially like the youthful glow, which I notice goes away when I'm sick and I skip my regimine for a few days.

The cream could be improved by making it a tad more emoillent and if it could fade spots better or at a faster rate(which is why I decided to try the Neutrogena Rapid line in the first place). I never noticed blotchiness before but when looking in a mirror in a very different type of light than I was used to, I was surprised to see a sprinkle of slightly discolored patches on my forehead. I was NOT HAPPY and had to do something about it quick! I am happy to say they are now gone.

ORIGINAL REVIEW. Bought the mini-size at first to try ($4.99). Felt nice, smelled nice (hint of citrus, smells like orange to me, very very light fragrance) so I bought the full size. Since then, I have purchased another jar of it, along with the Day Moisturizer with SPF and the dark cacao/coffee firming body cream.

I like the results I get with this cream. It is thick but not greasy and leaves my face feeling great. I am African American, with combination skin. Very dry on the cheeks and chin, oily on the forehead, nose and eye lids. My skin looked firmer, especially in my eye area after using this product for 1 month.

After getting such good results, I decided to 'create' a regimine incorporating this product with others I have had measurable success with. After cleansing with an oil cleanser (I do not use soap on my face during winter) and toning with an alcohol-free witch hazel, I apply a 99.9% pure hyaluronic acid serum to my entire face, including my eye area to moisturize deeper layer(s) of my skin. I then apply this cream to my entire face, including the eye area to moisturize the surface layer(s) of my skin. I like how it doesn't irritate my eyes. Finally, I apply a homemade mixture of oils as my lipid layer to seal in all the great moisture from all the preceding steps (I make a small batch from virgin olive oil, unrefined virgin coconut oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, calendula oil and tea tree oil as a preservative. To give it a very pleasant scent, I also add a few drops each of lemongrass essential oil, mango and chocolate fragrance oils to this homemade mixture). I spread 2 or 3 drops of the oil over my entire face.

My results have been great!! No breakouts, no saggy skin, 2 extremely fine lines under each eye that seem to be disappearing - - seriously. Prior to finding this cream, my results were good, but I see an even more positive result since adding this cream. More tone and firmness I'd say.

I do not and have never had issues with discoloration or dark spots so I don't know if this product is effective for that or not. I also do not have deep set wrinkles or creased skin, so I don't know if it is effective for those more severe issues.

I purchased my cream from CVS for $19.99 one time and for $17.99 the other (I believe).
on December 18, 2013
I purchased Nuance for day and night. After putting on the day creme, sunscreen and makeup, a few hours later, my eyes are irritated and I have difficulty seeing. My regimen is the same except for the introduction of Nuance. Today I am only wearing Nuance and my eyes are so irritated I need to rinse them out. I have used several different moisturizers in the past and have never experienced this. It may be the liquidity of the product. I stop applying at my eyebrows and still it seeps into my eye. I use the night creme, but since my eyes are closed it doesn't affect them. I like the results of the product, but will discontinue using the day moisturizer.
on August 25, 2015
I am a face lotion connoisseur. I have used everything out there that is "over the counter": Olay, neutragena, aveeno, ponds, loreal. And all the fancy stuff for more recent years: sk-ii, la mer, ole henriksen, algenist, lancome, dior, sunday riley. And you know what? this stuff BEATS ALL OF THEM! when i put on this lotion, there is an INSTANT effect. My skin is visibly and physically smoother, softer, moisturized and glowing. it's like silk/satin. It makes my skin so smooth that it acts as a primer for my makeup and the glow continues. I cannot say enough about this cream. I bought it just to play with (they had a 4.99$ small jar) and wow. Basically, i'm going to save hundreds of dollars per year because i'm switching to this cream and no longer using the others. Love it!! thank you Salma!!
on December 18, 2014
I love the Salma Hayek Nuance products! After years of trying other products, this is the first time a skin care line does EXACTLY what it says it will. I love the fragrance, the unusual and natural ingredients and the attractive packaging. The first time I've been comfortable using a product during the day. Wonderful!
on December 3, 2013
I like this product-- its texture and properties/ingredients are amazing for the price and avilability. However, I have mild adult acne controlled by BP 2.5%. This tends to dry my 30 y/o skin, but it also means I am very sensitive to 1. fragrances and 2. clogged pores. This cream is full of lovely perfumes that I cannot use, and after about two weeks of use it started causing clogged pores all over my cheeks until I had a full breakout and needed a facial. Thus, I really like the product, but I cannot use it and advise anyone with a history of acne or fair skin sensitivities to stay away from it.
on August 13, 2015
I am in my 50s and have used products such as Elizabeth Arden, Beauti Control, Lancome, Chanel, and Korres on my skin. I decided to try something different and found Hayek's Nuance products in the pharmacy. I bought the anti-aging day and night creams, eye cream, and a serum. I love these products and after a week, my skin already looks and feels differently. The prices are as low as $19.00 and are definitely worth a try.
on December 16, 2015
I was skeptical at first with it being a celebrity line but then again that's why I wanted it. Selma has beautiful skin. I've only been using this for three days. I use the oil face wash, the retinol skin capsules and the am/pm moisturizer. I swear that my face looks better and feels better. I can tell a difference. I have sensitive skin sometimes to some products but it's never irritated my skin. I love it. Don't miss it. I would go to CVS to get it though as I read that you have to be careful where you buy it because it could be a knock off.
on November 21, 2012
I have used at least 4 jars of this and yes, it's amazing. Why just 3 stars? Well, it claims to do a lot of things and after at least 4 jars or more, it really didn't do what it said it would. I still have uneven tones on my skin, dark spots, large pores, etc. It does feel great on skin and it's NOT greasy. I use this after 2 serums from Nuance and it's a great moisturizer. At night, I had to use the overnight the Nuance Intense Hydration Overnight Rejuvenator. Most of the time it made my skin hydrated, but there are times in which I still wake up and my skin is stretched out dry. Also, I just switched back to Lumene and this time I am using the Time freeze. The time freeze did more after not finishing the 1st jar than this moisturizer after several jars. I have also noticed since it has gotten colder, that when I am using this during the day my skin feel really dry. *sigh* I wanted to switch and use this for life as it is cheaper than the Lumene. It's only a few $ cheaper and I get GREATER results with the Lumene Time Freeze. Disappointed.