5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bottle
I bought this bottle when I was pregnant with my now 7 month old son. I purchased them because they were BPA free and they were suppose to be good for a baby who is both breast fed and bottle fed. I know every baby is different, but we had no problems transitioning from bottle to breast. He took both just fine.

Two more things that we like: 1) The Gerber Nuk...
Published on October 5, 2009 by LaDona Chao

3.0 out of 5 stars good
really good bottle but it cant lay on its side or it just leaks and leaks and leaves a big wet spot. I hate when its in the car seat and leaks in his seat! its okay if you thicken with cereal
Published 11 months ago by Elaine Barclay

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bottle, October 5, 2009
This review is from: NUK Orthodontic Silicone BPA Free Nipple Bottle, 5 Ounce, Single Pack, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)

Two more things that we like: 1) The Gerber Nuk bottle has never leaked on us. 2) We also like the round disc that is included with the bottle. I can't find their reason for including it..but we use it to shake the formula up. It works well to mix the formula and it keeps the formula out of the nipple. Before we used it, formula would sometimes clump up in the nipple, thus not fully mixing. I use the bottles with liners when we are out an about (so we don't have to have more than one bottle in the diaper bag). Every time I use it I wish it had that disc thing!

Now that I am not producing enough milk, we have gone exclusively to the bottle and I needed to buy some more. I thought about trying new bottles, but ultimately decided that there was no reason to mess with a good thing.I hope this has helped!

5.0 out of 5 stars ONLY bottle my baby takes, October 19, 2010
Avent, Mam, Dr. Brown's, Gerber, and slim Nuk nipples that fit on Gerber bottles; none of these were to my breastfed baby's liking. 8 months old and finally able to drink from a bottle. Wonderful!

3.0 out of 5 stars good, September 5, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Too many design flaws!, December 13, 2011
I thought I would love these because the NUK pacifiers are a favorite in our house. Unfortunately, I have more complaints than compliments about these bottles.

FIrst, the "air-wave" vent that is advertised to have the same functionality as the Avent vent system is practically useless. The nipples have a second hole at the base of the nipple where it meets the ring, and the idea behind this is to allow air into the bottle to prevent vacuum build-up. Unfortunately, my baby will suck away at this bottle until the nipple collapses into the inside of the bottle. The little air hole doesn't work unless I pinch it with my fingers while she's eating. The whole purpose of the "air-wave" is to reduce the amount of air that a baby swallows while eating. But when I have to repeatedly take the bottle out of baby's mouth to release the vacuum pressure buildup (because the air hole doesn't work properly), she ends up only taking in more air because she has to re-latch on to the bottle every couple minutes.

Second, as other reviewers have mentioned, there is an "up" side and a "down" side to the nipple -- it needs to be inserted the right way up into baby's mouth or no milk comes out. While it's pretty self-evident to an experienced mother when I'm feeding baby during the day in the light, this is frustrating for middle-of-the-night feedings when I leave the lights out. The "right way up" is also not obvious to babysitters, aunts/uncles, and grandma/grandpa, who invariably end up sticking the bottle in any-which-way. This inconvenience would be tolerable if the bottle functioned well in other respects. Since it doesn't have anything to offer besides a different nipple shape though, I don't think it's worth it.

Third, the cap doesn't fit over the nipple in a way that prevents spills. There is easily a half an inch between the bottle cap and top of the nipple, which means that any time the bottle is less than vertical (in a diaper bag, for example), milk spills into the cap. This wouldn't be so bad if it stopped there. For whatever reason, NUK included SLITS in the cap on either side, so any milk that spills into the cap spills right out. You may as well use no cap. This baffles me -- who designs an entirely useless bottle cap? I suppose it's only purpose is to (somewhat) keep the nipple clean.

Fourth, the last 1/4 ounce of milk gets "trapped" on the top ledge of the bottle. The acute corners of the bottle also make it more difficult to properly clean the crevices at the bottom and top of the bottle.

I think NUK has several improvements to make... We stick with Dr. Brown's and Avent bottles.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, July 13, 2014
this bottle is fine, but nothing to rave about...seller was pretty timely. no complaints there.

3.0 out of 5 stars Colors Vary NOT RETURNABLE, May 12, 2014
I purchased this bottle in the hopes that it would be something my little one would take. We never tried it out because we found a bottle he liked before it arrived. We received a pink one with flowers on it. Not what I would have chosen, not a huge deal, but if you are concerned about gendered products this is important to note. The worst part is I can't return it even thought it's still in its packaging. So now I have an unused, unneeded, pink bottle sitting around.

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible nipple, March 10, 2014
The nipple is extremely hard and not good for a breastfed baby AT ALL! If you felt how soft a mothers nipple is, this nipple falls way short of something a breastfed baby can use.

5.0 out of 5 stars only bottle my son will use, March 4, 2014
This product was a little pricey, but it is the only bottle style that my son will use, so I didn't really have a choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nuk is my fave!, January 23, 2014
Love these bottles. I have no problems with them. Of course since colors may vary my son got the pink bottle!

3.0 out of 5 stars cute bottle, but my baby doesn't agree., January 21, 2014
This bottle is really cute, but my mainly breastfed baby doesn't like the nipple. I'll keep offering it to see if that changes.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›