5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for breastfeeding
Published on July 4, 2010 by BJB

3.0 out of 5 stars Latex version better for our little one
Our breastfed baby rejected the silicone Nuk stage 1 nipple, but really liked the latex Nuk stage 1 nipple, which had a slower flow and softer (more breast-like) texture and consistency than the silicone version. The latex version would be ideal for breastfed infants with a strong suck.
Published on November 15, 2010 by Scott VonDuhn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Latex version better for our little one, November 15, 2010
This review is from: NUK Silicone Orthodontic Nipples, Slow Flow, Size 1, 2 Pack (Baby Product)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for breastfeeding, July 4, 2010
BJB (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews
The hospital used these nipples with my baby when my milk didn't come in. We were worried about nipple confusion, but that never happened, and I think it was partly due to these nipples. There is a small hole on the side of the nipple. If you make sure that it faces upwards (towards the ceiling) when the baby is feeding, the baby is forced to work harder to take in milk, like breastfeeding. The nipples fit any standard bottle (not the wide ones made by Avent and Nuk, which fit their other wider type of nipple). This meant I could use them with my medela bottles, as well as the very inexpensive glass evenflo bottles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best designed nipple in the market. Fits on Medela bottles and Evenflow glass bottles, March 19, 2012
I give this nipple 5 star rating because of its unique design. Less air is sucked by baby when drinking through this nipple. The slow flow nipple also allows less milk to release, which is great for my 2 month old because she had issues of swallowing too much milk from other brand nipples and then the milk would sometimes go to esophagus creating her to sneeze a lot and breath hard. Another thing I like about this nipple is that it fits well on Medela pump bottles and Evenflow glass bottles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby loves them, January 20, 2011
David A. Sifre (Bronxville, New York United States) - See all my reviews
Our 2 month old baby loves these. And by "loves" I mean, when feeding the baby he rarely spills or chokes like he did with other nipples.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, July 27, 2011
NUK Silicone Orthodontic Nipples, Slow Flow, Size 1, 2 Pack
I feed my baby breast milk (Medela pumping) and Similac Advance Newborn (Ready to Feed, 2-Fluid Ounces). I was using the disposable nipple from Similac for the Medela bottle, too, but it was too wasted. So I was looking for a nipple fits to the Similac ring (I'm not sure this is Medela narrow or wide size ring.), and has slow flow.
This NUK nipple fits perfectly to the Similac ring. I removed the disposable nipple from the ring and inserted the NUK nipple. Perfect! My baby sucks this nipple as she sucks breast milk. It is definitely slow flow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Breast-Fed Babies, January 16, 2011
These are the perfect nipples for breast-fed babies. Slow-flow lessens the chance of nipple confusion by making the baby "work" for the milk. The quality is good and I loved having it delivered right to my door when the baby was too young to take frequent outings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my baby!, March 19, 2010
K. Fiuza (Maryland, USA) - See all my reviews
I loved so much these one, I must do a review for them :-) My little one had problems with vomiting after bottle feeding (almost every time), so the pediatrician recommends this one. It was the solution!!!!!! Just great! After we started used this nipple, she stop vomiting. It was amazing! I highly recommend. Pay attention on the FLOW: My little one is just 2 months old and we already felt we must change for Fast Flow.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the best, February 1, 2009
We tried regular shaped nipples, and my daughter always had a hard time keeping the milk in her mouth, it would just spray out the sides. We decided to give these a try and my husband loves them, I'm actually getting more! From what I can tell, there is some trial and error with finding the right nipple to use with your baby, especially if you're still breastfeeding (which I am). These have worked well for us, we've had no nipple confusion, and she has not developed any sort of latch problem with me from using these nipples. (She's 4 months old now).

Get a couple of them only at first, see what you think before you buy a whole bunch, you just don't know what will work for your baby.

3.0 out of 5 stars Unusual Fit, May 10, 2011
We bought these nipples because they fit in the collar rings we already had. I figured since my son uses orthodontic pacifiers, this would be a great choice in terms of bottle feeding. I was wrong. They're pretty thick and firm and the nipple sticks so far out of the collar that it's actually just unusual. My son kept trying to get his lips around the nipple base, but since it goes so far out, he would end up gagging on it. It didn't work very well for us at all. Also... the hole where the milk comes out of is at the top of the nipple vs. the middle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best nipples, April 20, 2013
I love these nipples. They are most like a woman's nipple so it makes the transition from breast to bottle very easy. My baby had no problem switching between breast and bottle feedings when I went back to work. She has never had any nipple confusion. I use these with the Dr. Brown's bottles and they fit great. I would highly recommend these nipples.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›