Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
NULL error? Some cells produce a NULL errror when inserted. Why? They seem to charge OK in my other chargers.
asked by John S. Socha on December 4, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 28 answers
A
See my Customer Images for explanation and solution.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B00077AA5Q/
NLee the Engineer answered on December 4, 2008
Comments (8) | 38 of 40 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I keep two quarters by my charger. If a cell gives me a null error, I'll take it and a battery with a sufficient charge and place them side by side on a quarter. I'll take the other quarter and place across the two positive nubs of the batteries. I give it 10 seconds and that usually allows the null battery to take a charge. If the battery is one of several that just was taken out of the device, I also find that leaving the battery in the charger, the voltage will gradually climb by itself to the point that the charger recognizes it.
Steven R. Bukosky answered on April 28, 2013
Comments (10) | 19 of 19 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i was using 4 Sanyo HR-3U 2700 NI-MH and suddenly was going to recharge them, and one battery started diplaying null on my BC-700 .
i though the battery was fault, but after reading it probably debeloped a dead short (the BC-700 will reject a good cell that has been completely discharged to zero volt), i just used another standard charger for about 1 minute, then placed the battery on the BC-700 and voila, its working again.
Vlaye answered on October 19, 2010
Comment | 10 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks NLee, your Customer Image solved my NULL problem!
K. Cromwell answered on May 2, 2009
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
NLee the Engineer answered on April 13, 2009
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
One feature of the BC-900/700 is its ability to charge cells having such high impedance that they would always be rejected as faulty by many other chargers. Maybe the "null" feature is functionally linked to the BC-900/700's ability to charge severely degraded cells. Try as I might, I can't think of a good reason to include either feature in the BC-900/700 design.
OldAmazonian answered on April 13, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks NLee! I was about to toss over 8 AAs as they showed NULL till I read your jumpstart trick.
Paint polisher answered on December 15, 2010
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've done the same thing many times. Just put in another charger for a minute or two and then switch back to the LaCrosse. Works fine every time.
Amazon Customer answered on March 7, 2013
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
NLee the Engineer answered on April 27, 2013
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Lacrosse 9009 is newest among several other chargers that I have. It showed null on some AAA cells that I know work ok, but not to full capacity. My tester is a lamp light connected to a battery holder. Foolproof in my mind, and allows a voltage test while loaded down. Of all the chargers that I have, my SunPak will recharge all my batteries where the others reject them. I'm hoping my Lacrose impresses me othewise.
Steven R. Bukosky answered on September 26, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product