5.0 out of 5 stars Long in the making but worth the wait
Published on March 30, 2001 by Lemuel Gonzalez

3.0 out of 5 stars great format but awful copy editing
It's exactly what I wanted: a Bible with Spanish on one side, English on the other. However, I was horrified at the number of copy-editing errors in the introduction. I actually stopped counting them. Very sloppy. So far, I haven't seen the same problem in the text itself, but if there is a Spanish error I may very well not recognize it.
Published on October 22, 2009 by Gregor

5.0 out of 5 stars Long in the making but worth the wait, March 30, 2001
Lemuel Gonzalez "Lemuel" (Wilbraham, MA United States) - See all my reviews
Long in the making but worth the wait. I have always looked for bilingual/parallel bibles that would offer the NIV translation along with an updated Spanish translation. This edition is a knock out in the sense that it offers the NIV English translation, along side with the very recent NVI (NIV in Spanish) translation. I find the NVI to be a good translation offering the great truths of the Bible in modern Spanish. Having this new translation has been a blessing to me, especially when I read multiple spanish translations together. By the way, this book is especially good if you are involved in ministering to bilingual youth, because not only do you have both languages in parallel - they are also exposed in a language we can understand. I hope this review has helped you, and even more that regardless of the Bible you purchase, that it might be a blessing unto your life and a lamp unto your feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Bilingual Study, July 4, 2001
ufrh4 (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
I must say that I searched high and low for this type of translation. I wanted an English Bible written in modern text paired side by side with a Spanish Bible in modern Spanish text--a thought easier expressed than realized.
This version is absolutely perfect. For those of us studying Spanish, we can easily translate as the verses are side by side throughout the text.
Porque el SENOR es bueno y su gran amor es eterno!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool. Easy to read., February 11, 2002
Chris Cowen (Minneapolis, MN USA) - See all my reviews
I'm impressed with this tool...the Spanish/English are side by side and you can easily flip back and forth, whether it be for study or reading.
The binding and covers are solid, very high quality--I feel this is underpriced at $...
I highly recommend this resource, especially to anyone who wants to learn Spanish/English, or who evangelizes in those languages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great translation, November 22, 2005
I have enjoyed this Bible greatly. The two texts lie side by side which makes translation easy. The Spanish uses the more modern language, i.e. avoids the vosotros tense. In Central America we don't use the vosotros tense, so I enjoy the NIV version instead of the Reina Valera which does use the old form. I am a native English speaker and try to read it in Spanish and then look at the English when I don't understand. It's great for those of us who are not fully bilingual.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply a great Bible for a true believer, March 12, 2004
Danny (Bolivia, South America) - See all my reviews
The hard cover edition is simply great, the silky pages are superbe in quality and the shared language layout is awsome. It is an incredible tool for everybody, like me, who enjoys religious material in both english and spanish.
Having both translations at hand gives you a new dimension of the Word of God.
Altough I feel a page marker is missing I still give this bible a 5 star rating. The slick black hard cover and the silky pages are top quality, it is just great.

5.0 out of 5 stars In My Opinion (for what it's worth), September 16, 2009
This review is from: NVI-NIV Bible Biblia Bilingue (Spanish and English Edition) (Paperback)
My 11 year old and 7 year old children are required to have a bi-lingual bible for school because the family relocated to Puerto Rico from the States. The NVI/NIV Biblia Biblingue (Spanish Edition)is so well organized in both languages according to scripture and verse that I decided to purchase one for the wife and I as well. The school faculty loves this bible's format too. In my opinion for what it's worth, I highly recommend this bible. Thank you Amazon.com for providing the means of comparison before making a pruchase!

Best regards,

Vernon

5.0 out of 5 stars Bilingual Bible, April 22, 2009
As a bilingual speaker, this is the Bible that I use most of the time. Sometimes reading the side-by-side passages in Spanish and English gives a clearer understanding of the meaning. It's a good choice for students of either Spanish or English as a second language.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource, July 12, 2007
I purchased these Bibles for the Methodist Church in Guatemala for use by pastors and volunteers. Seems to be a good resource for both those that speak both languages and for someone like myself who is just learning Spanish.

4.0 out of 5 stars NIV Bilingual Bible- Leatherbound, February 21, 2006
The type is small, but the volume is handsome and the Spanish NVI translation is wonderful, actually improving on the English translation of the NIV in some places.

5.0 out of 5 stars Biblia bilingue, Excelente, April 10, 2009
Compre para mi esposa. Excellente version con versiones muy apropiadas para ministrar y aprender en ingles y en español. Viene con indice en el margen asi que es facil encontrar los libros. Recomiendo esta biblia si estas empezando o ministrando a personas en ingles o español que apenas comienzan a conocer de el Señor. La pasta y el tamaño son adecuados.

NVI-NIV Bible Biblia Bilingue (Spanish and English Edition)
NVI-NIV Bible Biblia Bilingue (Spanish and English Edition) by Zondervan (Paperback - November 5, 2001)
Used & New from: $16.99