Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on October 21, 2012
I have probably wasted 10+ hours of my life getting the 3DVision Emitter driver to install correctly. The installation program is also out of date, because if you are using a 3D projector, it fails to instruct you to also plug in the RS232 cord to the emitter, which is needed for proper use. The installation program needs to be revamped to be more compatible with Windows7 64bit, because for whatever reason, it refuses to install the emitter device drivers correctly. Only after many hours of pulling my hair out and trial and error did I discover that during a certain step in the setup process you have to unplug and replug the emitter quickly in order to complete the installation correctly. Why? I have no idea.

On the other hand... once it actually worked and I witnessed stereographic 3D for the first time... well, it is my new best friend!!! I just watched Avatar 3D on my 90" projection screen using the NVIDIA 3D Vision and a compatible projector and WOW... just WOW! I had no idea 3D tech has come this far!!

My only other complaint is the price. Also, extra sets of glasses are very expensive as well.

UPDATE*** Windows 7 did an update and auto restarted my computer. Guess what? Yep, the 3D emitter isn't working anymore. I cannot enable the 3D now. I am back to my 3D Vision installation woes... been working on it for hours now. SUPER ANNOYING.

UPDATE2** Solved my problems with a registry hack. For those of you having the same issues, change the value to the registry key below from 0 to 1. (key location may differ from OS to OS) This tricks the 3DVision program into skipping the 3D setup, where my problems occur. Works great now!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\StereoVisionConfirmed
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 1, 2012
First that all, this glasses will only work on 120Hz monitors/projectors. They work shutting down every eye 60 times per second, so 120 frames are need it (you have two eyes don't you?).

What comes with the packed?
1) one 3D glasses

1) nVidia 3D vision video card
2) 120Hz monitor/proyector
3) Updated drivers

Good points?
The glasses are well made and good quality. When you fill all the requirements, you won't see ghosting or something like that, JUST A PERFECT 3D PICTURE. There is a wheel on the emmiter that allows you to change the 3D depth in real time. Glasses are rechargeable through USB, but I wonder how you will fix it when battery dies.. I hope there is one wrist watch battery inside.

Bad points?
The infrared emmiter is cheap. You feel the bad quality. The button of changing to 3D mode will probably break appart so be gentile. Don't use it on frontal or low power usb connector/hub or it will never work, it looks like it require some miliampers to work. If you read -what comes with the packed-, you will notice that there is no drivers disk. You will need to download the lasted drivers for your nvidia card, and that means at least 200 MB, if you don't have an internet connection to download the drivers it will not work. There is a lot of infrared leds inside the emmiter, the glasses have to "see" the infrared light to get sincronized so it must be infront of you of if you're lucky light can bounce from a wall or something. Money, this kit is expensive, they at least need to put an effort on the emmiter quality. Back reflection: avoid light behind you, or the lens will reflected to your eyes.

Health issues?
You can feel dizziness and nausea if you move too much the camera on 3D games, so avoid that, that happens to me in batman arkham asylum tunnels. With 3D videos you probably won't feel dizzness and nauseas.

3D vision vs 3D vision 2?
Some flaws are corrected in this version, like the edge of the lens problem. So if you had not bought the first ones, go for this one, price is basically the same.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 13, 2013
I've had my nvidia 3d vision 2 kit for a couple days now and to be honest, I am not all THAT impressed. Let me explain.

I got this for 3D gaming, not 3D movies, btw.

First of all every single game I've tried so far (except BF3) I've had to google and find a patch or mod to install to get different aspects working so the game is playable and the part that bothers me about it the most is that NVIDIA rates some of these games as "excellent" even though they are BAD until YOU go and fix it by researching, installing and modding the game files so that it becomes excellent.. Example Skyrim.. It looks great AFTER you find and install all the things you need to get it going, however its rated "excellent" ??? Really? it took me at least an hour sifting through different 3D forums/conversation threads before I found what I needed.
Oh and after a few hours just today I now know that there is absolutely no fix or resolution for the Crosshair to work in any Source game, i.e. Half-life2, or 1 for that matter. Just saying, how can it be rated "Good" by nvidia when you can't aim at anything..

To watch steaming 3D videos from the interwebs for example on YouTube you MUST use Mozilla Firefox web browser and enable HTML5 because that's the only web browser that supports it.

Also, other issues I'm having; I can't turn off the IR emitter after playing several games or after using Nvidia's picture browser unless I unplug the IR emitter, even when I do that my monitor stays lit up extra bright and my glasses stay on. When I want to use 3D I have to re-run the entire 3D set-up software which only takes a few mins but it's still BROKEN software and it seems like nvidia isn't doing much about it. I've installed the latest drivers (even the beta ones) I've made sure to do a clean install of these drivers but it doesn't help. I've given up trying to fix it and sometimes I feel like maybe I should have just spent my money on 2D surround gaming and got 3 monitors instead..

But anyways, 3D looks great BUT prepare for quite a hassle to get it working, if you want 3D that bad then maybe it will be worth it for you.
1919 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 27, 2012
The product works well but I thought that there were 2 glasses by reading the description. Besides that they work great.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 11, 2015
The glasses do work. I will start with that. I have the ASUS 144 hz refresh monitor and it worked on that monitor well. The only thing that I have to say is that I agree with some of the other reviewers-it is uncomfortable. I have a big head. A VERY big head. I wear an 8 just for reference.

The 3D effect was cool though. It seemed like it was better the closer I got to the screen. I don't know if others got this effect or not, but I did notice a difference. It eliminated some of the sick feeling I was getting by being closer.

I believe fully that these will be a 1-2 or a 4-5 depending on whether the glasses are uncomfortable. As for programs, yeah-not great selection. There is a website that is dedicated to 3D-afying stuff though to get a better experience. I don't know if any other reviewers listed it, but I will here: http://helixmod.blogspot.com/

This will help with a lot of non-native games.
on March 2, 2015
Not sure why all the bad reviews, perhaps there were issues with older version of the driver or installing the proper 3D driver? Either way, the 3D driver is already installed for nvidia graphics cards that are up to date nowadays. Installation was plug and play for me, with that said, games vary a lot in 3D quality. Some games, like BF4, are so good in 3D, I wont play it without it turned on. Others? Not so much unless you spend some time downloading 3D "fixes" that have been developed by other users.

As for the 3D (gaming), its pretty impressive, but not as "life altering" as some of the other reviews have made it out to be. Still, everyone should experience it and I think it depends on your personal preferences if 3D is worth it or not. It definitely makes the game more immersive. The edges of the screen seem to blur into your peripherals and make the monitor appear much larger than it is. Turn off the lights and the monitor takes up your entire field of view. IMO, this is DEFINITELY worth getting if you already have a nice Nvidia GC setup and you either already have the monitor, or are looking to upgrade your monitor anyways (as I was). I bought the "ASUS VG278HE 27-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor 144hz 2ms" for your reference and absolutely love it so far.

Don't bother getting this unless you have a 120hz+ monitor that is (obviously) 3D ready. The graphics card should be up to snuff as well, though it doesn't need to be a world beater like some people have made the case out to be. I use an Nvidia 660 Ti EVGA SC, which is about 2 years old now. Maybe worth $150-200 tops nowadays and it needs to run 3 monitors. I can run Crysis 3/BF4 on almost max settings, in 3D, and keep a decent framerate going, though I will probably upgrade soon to future 'proof' my setup.
on March 12, 2012
It should be noted that the review of this item is dependent on the video card of your computer, and the monitor you are using it with. My setup is listed below.

I've used this a bit now. I have a blu ray disc drive, and this set up is capable of viewing 3d blu ray movies in full 1080p. You need to make sure that you have the right software to take advantage of it. If you need help with that, I can give you some references. I've only tested this on Tangled in 3D blu ray.

As for games, it takes a little bit to get used to the shutter glasses, but once your eyes adjust, this baby can really add a whole new dimension to your games (pun intended). I've played Dawn of War 2, Borderlands, Counter Strike Source, and several others. This system works well, and best of all, when you start a game, a little message from Nvidia pops up and tells you the ideal settings for the game, to ensure the 3D works the best. The scroll wheel on the back of the unit is perfect for determining depth of the games.

One really big plus is that I was worried how these glasses would fit over my prescription glasses. Rest assured - as long as you don't have enormous 80's styled lenses, these fit comfortably over regular glasses. I haven't had any problems at all.

The only downside I've noticed is that the plastic around the lenses is very reflective, and can reflect images in the screen above and below your eyes. If this is something that really bothers you, you may want to go for the original vision kit. However, once I'm in the game, or into the movie, the reflections don't bother me much. And I'm sure that if I was desperate enough I could just paint them or put black paper over the edges.
But it doesn't really bother me.

Overall I would rate this a good buy. If you already have the monitor, and the video power - GO FOR IT.
Otherwise, this is best used on Movies, or RTS/top down games. There are some first person shooters that work very well with the glasses. Bottom line is, the more people that buy this product, the more demand will rise for games that also support it.

ENJOY!

My Setup:
video card: GTX 560 TI 2Gb (EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2048 MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 2DVI/Mini-HDMI SLI Ready Graphics Card, 02G-P3-1568-KR)
Monitor: ASUS VG236HE (ASUS VG236HE 23-Inch LCD Monitor)
on April 18, 2015
I hooked this up to my PC using the Asus VG248QE 24-Inch LED-Lit Monitor, with 2 EVGA GTX 970 GPU's in SLI mode. & I'm playing games I have in 3D such as SWTOR, Tomb Raider Underworld, HAWX 2, Devil may Cry 4, & others I didn't know could be played in 3D :)
The Depth control on the Emitter works awesome & my games look fantastic. Some reviews here state it was a pain to get it working.
I had no problem at all. One thing to pay attention to is the setup instructions. When you get to the part, to look at the big box & close your right eye & choose what you see is Boxes, you need to click on the choice below for a Box. Then close the left Eye & you see Triangles & select the choice for Triangles. Then you pass the Hardware test. Downloading the current Drivers for my GPU's also installs the correct 3D driver for the Glasses. No need to install anything else. You do this when you enable 3D in the Nvidia control panel. I'm blown away by what I see :) Game play is very different. I'm very happy :)
on March 29, 2015
Doesn't always work very well with some games. It's really only a small percentage of games I have that does work well with. A few off the top of my head include:

Dead Space 2
Far Cry 3
Just Cause 2
Mafia II
Batman AC and AA

When it does work I must say it is VERY immersive and VERY cool. In some cases it's a compromise between 3D or max settings but in a few cases (dead space 2 and batman AC) I can keep the settings up AND have 3D.

If you want to watch Blu-ray 3D titles (which I highly recommend) you'll need software to run the disk and a Blu-ray disk drive.

Switching to 3D right now can still be really expensive, but if you have the cash, this isn't some cheap red/blue glasses 3D from childhood. Things pop in and out of the screen in high resolution and full color.
on July 10, 2015
Don't get this for anything but watching 3D movies (and probably not streamed ones). It seems like NVIDiA has given up on 3D vision, yet they have monitor manufacturers advertising it on new monitors. The software support is completely lacking, and it's a shame because the glasses are functional.

For movies you can get by, but browser support for 3D is also lacking, so streaming might not work so well. The glasses work, and the 3D effect is pretty good with a Lightboost compatible monitor, or any sufficiently bright projector/display.

The actual 3D effect has been reviewed to death so I don't need to go into it. This kit is over 4 years old, so they probably wouldn't have as many issues with the software, since back then it was still actively being improved, but the 3D glasses stayed the same since this version came out.

You might think that you'll be able to use workarounds to fix the software issues, since the glasses are fine, but the fact is, even for someone like me who loves 3D gaming, it's not something that works well enough. NVIDIA only adds to the list of titles that they claim to support now, games that a broken for 3D stay broken, and there's so many of them. Even new titles coming out still end up with major issues that make it unusable. Using 3rd party software like TriDef works, but the quality on the few titles that actually work wasn't the same since on those titles 3D vision communicates with the game directly.

Not to mention the fact you don't buy 3D Vision glasses to find out that 3D Vision, which is a feature exclusive to NVIDIA's cards is dead. NVIDIA cards have a lot of proprietary technologies that you end up paying a premium for, regardless of if AMD has an equivalent on their own cards. I'd understand if new cards and displays didn't list it as one of those technologies, but they do. In fact, sitting next to me is a new G-Sync monitor that posts it at the very top the bezel with pop out promotional images.

If you look around, mainstream 3D died off with consumers. The first few years had some pretty bad 3D monitors and displays, so people stopped trying 3D. 3D has improved since then, but the damage was done. Companies have stopped offering 3D as a feature on their main TVs, even when the panels would support them. Now 3D is only found in their most high end models, and even there it's not longer advertized as a selling point as it once was.

And a small note, these glasses are active shutter glasses. That can create issues when you have more than one screen. Whenever the 3D effect was on, many lit objects would strobe in very distracting patterns. My other monitors would strobe, my phone would if the screen was on and it was in my peripheral vision, even some LED lighting did. It's not a fault of these specific glasses as much as an issue with all active shutter glasses.