Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: NY DAILY NEWS
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 20, 2012
As an avid newspaper reader from New York who lives in Chicago, I had been looking for a better way to get my Daily News fix on my train ride to work than the Daily News app on my smart phone. The Daily News on my Kindle Fire provides me with that better option. Is this version the same quality as other newspapers on the Kindle? No. Is this version the same as reading the paper copy of the Daily News? No. Is this version easy to navigate without the sections clearly broken out? No. Is this version worth the $0.99/monthly charge? Absolutely. You can get the majority of the articles you're looking for by just searching through the issue. I'd obviously love for this version to get better and would be willing to pay more for it, but I'm more than satisfied with what I'm getting for the price I'm paying.
on October 17, 2012
I usually read my book club selections on my commute but that day I wanted to see the paper before I got home (hard copy) I found it easy to read on the kindle and gave me the information I needed. It also is great on the kindle for my husband who has macular degeneration. I can blow up the article he wants to read.
on January 14, 2012
As of January 2012 this is not a true copy of the Daily News. It appears to be text scans of the paper. Some of the articles I tried to read on the Fire were words made up of random characters. One of the photos looks like it was cut out and scanned on a home scanner. I guess it's not ready yet. I already canceled it.
on June 19, 2012
Well I signed up for the 14 days trial and cancelled it as soon as I opened it for today's news 6/19/12. I was hoping the format would be the same as the paper version but it actually reads like a book with all text on top of each other and some with no spacing. If they can format it the way the paper version is I will come back for sure and be glad to pay more. You could touch the top of the page to turn to the next page. With today's technology I know this can be done and you would attract more readers I guarantee it.
on September 22, 2014
I gave it four stars because some articles are so close together sometimes when I am reading I don't realize the article ended. Need a little more space between articles. All in all it's good you get the news immediately you don't have to go outside to get the newspaper especially now that it is getting cold. If you need coupons then you have to buy the actual newspaper.
on June 25, 2012
It's 99 cents. Not a day, not a week, 99 cents a month. It gives you a strong feel of all the articles that appear in the paper. And the Sunday edition even has the magazine insert. Also, it's 99 cents a month. It's five stars just on value.
on October 24, 2012
I've been reading the NY Daily News for many years. I bought this for my E-Reader recently and I was not happy.
I did not like how it opened, did not like the format or layout of this paper. Maybe I was doing something wrong.
This was not for me. Perhaps you would have a better experience. Overall, it's a digital paper for reading.
on December 31, 2011
This is the second newspaper I've tried on the Kindle. Both had articles that were incorrectly formatted, making some of the articles unreadable. The problem might be with the Kindle, not the papers. The NY Daily News is great if you are interested in news pertaining to NY, especially sports. I was looking for more national and/or international news. About 20 articles about the Giants-Jets game, 1 on Syrian uprising makes you rethink the News part of the paper's title.
on February 24, 2016
When I grew up on Long Island, I'd read the New York Daily News all the time. It was always the best newspaper for getting local. NYC news, National, and International news. And it carried some of the best Comic Strips of the times. Though I had stopped reading it disobeyed I moved to Maryland back in 1989, if I ever saw a copy at a New Stand, I'd always pick it up.

Now I find I can get the Digital edition on my new ten inch Fire for only $.99 cents a month, well to me, that's a no brainer, I have to subscribe. It's going to be fun reading it during an Election Year. The Daily News has always been advocate for the downtrodden, for the immigrants who first settled NYC, and then came in droves in the early 1900s. They're the ones who built most of the city's infrastructure while the rich got richer.

Today, the Daily News is definitely in the Liberal camp. I'm sure you've seen, or heard of, their famous "Anti-Christ Trump" Cover a few weeks back? Well New Yorker's have this Love-Hate with Mr. Trump. It will be interesting to see how it goes as the Election Cycle goes into full swing in the next few months.
on May 30, 2013
I have lived in NYC for three years, and I read the Daily News quite frequently. The great thing about reading the paper (unlike the NY Times) is that you know you live in New York. When I travel out of town, I get the Kindle version,. Sadly, it's terribly formatted. So, I give the actual paper five stars, and the Kindle version three stars. I would give the formatting one star.