5.0 out of 5 stars NYDJ is the standard against which I measure all jeans
Published 14 months ago by Cow Town Girl

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me.
These jeans feel more like spandex than actual jeans. The top of the waistband stretches out and curls over belt.
I am 5'7" and ordered the tall, after one wash the length of the jean (did not put in dryer) will only accommodate wearing a flat shoe.
Very disappointed. Will stick to my "Kut From The Kloth" brand.
Published 17 months ago by NatCurl

5.0 out of 5 stars NYDJ is the standard against which I measure all jeans, December 20, 2013
I noticed other reviewers badmouthing this jean. I just purchased the exact "model" from a store and wanted another pair. This jean is exactly the same as the one I bought in the store, same labels, fabric, fit. I love it. I will say it fits a little snug in the thigh so you might want to order your correct size rather than sizing down as is suggested by the brand. I have a few other pairs and usually, the size down fits.
You can certainly find cheaper jeans, but I have yet to find a jean that fits like these do, especially in the waist. I have a fairly large waist and many brands run generous. NYDJ has the perfect flexibility in the fabric to fit perfectly but give so they never cut in the waist or crotch and are comfortable all day.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., October 2, 2013
Very disappointed. Will stick to my "Kut From The Kloth" brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, November 17, 2013
Definitely not the "Barbara" cut jeans. I have a pair that was purchased at Dillard's and they are not the same. They were too small and I returned them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big winner if you like the traditional Levi's 505 style - but see sizing note, January 2, 2015
Lots of the "grown-up woman" jeans out there have a skinny-leg style. I have nothing against skinny-leg jeans, but I think the wider bottom balances out ample hips and gives a slightly more graceful look. And if you wear boots, especially cowboy boots, this is the style you want. It's nice to see the old-school silhouette updated for those of us who can benefit from a bit more stretch-n-hold in our jeans. I own quite a few NYDJ styles, and the Barbara is my favorite.

A note on sizing: For me, NYDJ jean sizing is frustrating. The fit is insanely large. When I bought these, I was a size 8 in everything else (including Levi's) and a size 4 in the NYDJ's. Just be aware, when you try them on for the first time, that they will seem small. But like all stretch pants, within about an hour they will seem much bigger. So you want a size that fits snugly -- maybe a bit more snugly than you want -- when you first try them on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love!!!, March 23, 2014
These jeans are Comfortable and flattering but give you lots of tummy control love these jeans have several of them

NYDJ Women's Barbara Boot Leg Jean