Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on February 3, 2010
I'm 5'10 with a 33" inseam, a straight up-and-down body, slim hips and legs. It's hard to find jeans that fit. I'm also 60 years old, so I'm not interested in low-rise or fighting off a "muffin top." This jean has a nice slim leg without being too skinny. The hips don't bag out at the sides and the legs taper nicely. And they're long enough! The fabric has a lovely stretch with a great memory -- very black, suitable for biz casual. The rise is moderate, just at the navel. They're the best-fitting jeans I own. If you're between sizes, order one size down. If you like tight jeans, definitely order one size down.
44 comments|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2011
I am age 62, 5'7-1/2", and weigh 148 but feel young as a spring chicken in NYDJ slim leg jeans. Actually I feel like a million bucks when I put these jeans on. After previously buying a couple of pairs in various styles in size 12 (which is what I thought I was), I have finally found the perfect fit in size 10 NYDJ slim leg jeans. They are snug when you first put them on, but after about a half hour or so, they loosen up and mold to my body shape. They are oh so great when paired with a tunic top, or a tank under a nice blouse. Do not make the mistake of buying them too big like I first did. Once you find your true size in NYDJ, you will discover that these are the best fitting jeans you ever had. I prefer the slim leg myself. I bought them in black and am very happy with the material - not too thin and not too thick. Turn them inside out when you wash them and use cold or warm water - not hot, and they will stay dark black longer.
on December 27, 2011
I love NYDJ but my biggest beef is the inconsistent sizing! Not only does it vary from style to style but from color to color!! Black invariably is larger than any other color.
Once you know this, however, you can compensate. I only tolerate this because once you figure out your size the jeans look and feel terrific!
33 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2015
I do not know what is happening over at the offices of NYDJ. They do not make them like they use to. And that is a darn shame. I have been buying these jeans for several years and, in the past, loved them. They once fit like a very soft glove. The fabric use to have a higher cotton content and they were perfect for me. Now, they decided it is a good idea to add more and more synthetic crap to the fabric. The fit resultingly changed. The quality has gone down. Now if you notice the higher the cotton content, the higher the price. And so much for their slogan of "Proudly made in the USA". They too, like the rest of America, have farmed out the labor to China. Yes, China. Buyer beware. Some of these jeans still say "made in the USA". But pay close attention to the tag in the back of the jeans, on a very, very small discreet area and you will see "made in China". What a rip, their cost has gone down, but, other than the ones (like these disgusting ones that they are trying to unload) are still pricey.

Insofar as this style, it fit lousy, smelled funky and I sent them back. They have a tag (as did a black pair I ordered and sent back as well) that states that a special dye was used and take care when you place them against light colored fabrics. What? Crazy..it goes back to what I said about quality. Be careful when buying this brand online. Another company that had a good thing going self-destructing.
on February 10, 2010
I can't recommend these jeans highly enough - they're fantastic! They're flattering, they FIT - everywhere even the waist - most jeans manufacturers seem to forget that "larger" ladies have waists too, they're always gaping but fitting on the hips/thighs... not these jeans - they fit perfectly. ( except for being a tad too long, I had to take up an inch on these last pairs, but the overall fit makes up for that!)

I LOVE them, they wash brilliantly, I have several pairs already - I know they're expensive, but previous pairs have never been off my tush! They have more than earned their money!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this brand of jeans in straight or bootcut - they're amazing!
on May 16, 2012
I just don't get the sizing! I purchased my normal size of pants (I always wear the same size!) Tried them on, I pretty much had to jiggle my way into them. They buttoned fine, but the zipper just would NOT go up! I was determined, and ended up with a giant blister on my finger. I finally gave up and exchanged them for the next size up. By the way, Amazon returns are AMAZING! They ship your replacement item BEFORE they get the exchanged one! AWESOME!!! Hopefully the larger size works better. It did take a big hit to my ego, as I've been losing weight and going a size up kind of blows :(

REVIEW UPDATE:

Okay, I've had it. I bought the next size up, AND THEY WERE SMALLER THAN THE SIZE I RETURNED!!!!!!
on November 27, 2010
I have about 6 pairs of these jeans and just purchased this particular pair. I know how they fit and if you want them to fit perfectly, get 1 size smaller. They are a great length and look terrific with boots. Great body or not so great, these cover little things we don't like and make us look terrific!!! Would recommend to anyone who is really tired of low, low, low rise jeans.
on May 18, 2014
I am 5'6" and I always wear flats. I bought these in one size down from Lee Rider, Wrangler, Coldwater Creek, and a few other brands I have. At one size down, they fit like Gloria Vanderbilt jeans in the same size as NYDJ since one sizes down one size with Gloria's as well. These fit like snug, soft sweatpants and they are tight. I have no idea how they do it but that's what's real. They are extremely flattering. I am overweight, out of shape and have had babies in my youth. I'm now 66. I have to tell you these make one's figure look about as amazing as it did in the good old days. If you are young and need a flattering pair of jean's go for them. Don't let being young stop you from these wonderful pants. My daughter in her 20s wear them and is the one that insisted I try them. She wears a skinny leg and I like these straight legs or bootcuts. I get a Petite so I don't have to hem them, since I wear flats at all times. They graze the top of my foot but don't cover the back of my heel. If you are my height and wear heels the regular has a lot of length for heels. If you're an actual petite and wear flats you may need to hem them unless you're a tall petite. What I think I like the best is they are snug but I don't have to hike up the leg a bit to get extra flexibility to climb into the Jeep or sit down. The stretch makes them like you're wearing your favorite sweats. The stretch is very flexible but immediately returns to shape and they do not bag at all. The fabric and stretch are excellent quality and they conceal and smooth all the cottage cheese aka cellulite on one's thighs and it does not show through at all, even though these are very snug. They do not bind one's natural body parts when one sits. The waist is at the actual waist and when one bends over, one's underwear and skin remains covered. The waist does not bind whatsoever and my waist is most definitely not small. I'd have muffin top in most jeans and there is none of that with these, and it's due to the artful cut and design. If your figure is imperfect, take the plunge and try these jeans. You'll be very happy with them.
on July 25, 2010
These are the most perfect fitting jeans that I've purchased in quite a few years.
They conform with a women's figure, sit up high enough on the waist and don't have a huge gap in the back that shows everything when you bend over. They are slim through the hips and legs. They are just great jeans! I wish they were available in more colors.
on June 27, 2011
I love the way these pants look, fit, and feel! Oh, and the price! Yes, certainly the price. I'm 57 and was tired of looking so boring. These pants fit at my natural wasteline, have a 4% stretch that accommodates my "hourglass" figure, makes my rear end look perkier, is constructed to pull my my flabby tummy in a bit, and doesn't look like anything other than a black denim material. You'd never guess it had lycra in it unless you pulled on the fabric to see it stretch. True black. I'm 5'3", 120 lbs, and the 2P fits me snugly but comfortably because of the lycra. In other pants, I usually take around a size 6.
The pants are a little long on me when I'm wearing a flat shoe, like my Adidas, but because of this length, I'm also able to wear them with heels. They usually sell for around $100, so getting them at this price was a real bonus.
77 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse