Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 18, 2013
I'm not sure that I'd call these jeans, as the fabric is thin and not really like regular denim, but they are so comfortable and flattering, plus they look fantastic with a dressy blouse for evenings out with friends. No muffin top, no bagging at the knees. I normally wear a 10 in this brand, but decided to go with an 8 based on the amount of stretch in the fabric - I probably should have gotten them in a 6 because of how they fit my body type (hips, a bit of a bum, flat stomach, muscular thighs). A word of caution for taller women: I am 5'9" and they are only just long enough to wear with ballet flats - they are definitely not long enough to wear with heels.
on January 10, 2015
NOT 33" LONG. As noted by another reviewer, these are short, the pair I received measured 29" long. I have other Sheri Skinny "regular size" jeans in the same 96% cotton blend that I purchased from department stores that are 32", these are more like ankle pants. Otherwise, the fit and material is the same. A word about material, the fit, care and life of NYDJ jeans vary with the material. The 96/4 blend is heavier weight, great for winter and washes well by machine. There is another black 96/4 blend offered through Amazon that says machine wash in the Amazon description, but is actually hand wash per the tag because it has rhinestones on the pocket (also not noted in the description). The various light heather colored high cotton blends in the Sherri Skinny run small and have less give to the fabric. And the high stretch fabric that has polyester added are lighter weight but tend to stretch out with repeated washing. Also, some jeans are U.S. made, some not. I'm a fan of the NYDJ line and the Sherri Skinny style, but it is disappointing that Amazon allows inaccurate descriptions in the listing to persist.
on December 7, 2015
These jeans are currently described as NYDJ Sheri Skinny with a 33" inseam, but the label inside and dimensions identify them as Sheri Slim. So the leg opening is 14" instead of 11", making them have a straight-leg look instead of skinny leg. The Sheri Slim inseam is 2" shorter than the Skinny (so you could almost say it's like a short Marilyn, which is 33" and has a 16" leg opening). The pair I received are right around 31" before washing--I'm hoping they won't get much shorter.
The fabric content is 97% cotton, 3% elastine--pretty close to the listing, which says 96% cotton and 4% Spandex. This fabric feels mid-weight to me. They are made in the USA.
I bought the black. The black color in any NYDJ jeans style I have ever bought is always noticeably bigger than any other color--and I've heard other people say the same thing.
I hope this is useful information. I'm not completely convinced sellers don't use the same listing for various jeans some of the time. I don't know how else to explain why the listed fabric content is always off for NYDJ jeans I've bought on Ama.
They seem like a good pair, and I'm not sending them back. Buy carefully if you plan to wear them with heels, though.
on January 15, 2014
I normally wear size 6, but bought one size down as recommended. The size 4 fit perfectly and were very comfortable. However, the online product description listed the inseam as 33 and they were at least two inches shorter than that. Too short for me, so had to return. I don't know why NYDJ doesn't make them longer- the hem can always be shortened, but not lengthened.
on February 21, 2014
I bought the black and the stone in this jean and both fit more tightly than other skinny sheri jeans I have and love. Also, the denim is a bit lighter weight and I prefer the heavier weight. All in all, though, I still love NYDJ products a lot and this is still a nice jean!
on December 15, 2013
I have a lot of NYDJ, and most of them are long enough that I can wear heels. These are shorter than I normally wear. I'm not sure if they are intended to be.
on February 7, 2016
My wife ordered these jeans and says she will never buy cheap jeans again. They fit perfectly. She usually has trouble finding jeans that don't gap in the waist. Ordered a size smaller than usual, as recommended.
on February 10, 2015
These are my favorite pants. I am 5'6" and weigh 190 and a size 10 fits perfectly. I have several pair of these. My go to pants. They are very slimming. Since I carry most of my weight in my torso, a flowy blouse and skinny legs is a good look.
on January 10, 2014
The description states that these have an inseam of 33" -- not true. These were far shorter and closer to 29" which is great if you're petite or looking for ankle length pants, not so much if you're not.
on February 11, 2014
Since I'm 5'4 everything comes up too high on my torso. However, I LOVE these jeans. I ordered a size 14 (not 16!) & the length is very close to 'working'. I'll stick with Sherry skinny jeans from now on!