Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: NYX Cosmetics Make Up Setting Spray, Matte Finish/Long Lasting, 2.03 Ounce
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on April 12, 2013
I'm 18 btw and for starters, I completely understand what the other reviewers are saying. When you spray this on your face, it's terrible and really doesn't leave your face looking matte. It gives you that wet/dewy look (which I don't like). But luckily for me, I wanted it so I could spray it on my makeup kabuki/stippling brushes when I blend my concealer and foundation. With that in mind, it does a great job for that. When I'm blending my concealer, I spray this once on my brush and with my foundation, I spray it twice on the brush and it blends everything flawlessly and gives me an airbrushed look (which I love), and for the matte effect, I just apply loose powder and voila I'm done. For directly spraying it on your face, it's a nightmare (for me anyway, haha) but for my purposes, it's a dream! So I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to spray this on their brushes for blending their makeup :)
44 comments|204 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2014
I got this from ulta and was like let me try it out( it's less than $8). Please keep in mind I was using urban decay deslick and all nighter first. I saw no real difference except in price. I'm extremely oily and the NYX help me stay matte for at least 6 hrs. It also does a good job it make eyeshadow colors stand out more because I spray the brush. It's worth the buy it you are an oily person.
11 comment|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2015
This really works. I love this stuff I put my makeup at 8 in the morning and just 1 spray of this stuff after I'm done putting my makeup makes it matte all day for me and I have oily skin and also sweat a lot since I work at a restaurant.
on March 25, 2016
I wanted to see how much bang I was getting for my buck! So I actually slept in my makeup to see how "long lasting" it really was. Needless to say the picture shows my makeup stayed on almost completely after rubbing my face on a pillow all night. I have naturally oily skin & I'd say this spray also gave me a matte finish! I did use a daily oil control serum first & primer, the combination of the 3 worked wonders & I didn't have to use any oil absorbent pads 😍
review image
11 comment|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 25, 2013
found this more affordable then some others and works just as great! I brought this for use at my wedding!
on March 11, 2016
I was so hesitiant about using a finishing spray, because unlike a lot of makeup junkies I do not use a lot of foundation. Mostly powder.. I do this so that my skin stays fresh and to keep breakouts at a minimum. I decided to give a shot when i started really getting into Contouring. I must say It works really well. Delivery was fast and efficent. There is zero smell. My face did not break out. I am a huge fan of NYX cosmetics. They have yet to let me down!

Shots below are from my IG
I am wearing:
brushes: BESTOPE 32PCs Professional Makeup Brushes Set Synthetic Kakubi Cosmetic Foundation Blending Blush Eyeliner Face Powder Mac Makeup Brush Kit with Leather Traverl Pouch Bag Case
Face: Laura Merceir Translucent Setting Powder Loose Setting Powder - Translucent - Laura Mercier - Powder - Loose Setting Powder - 29g/1oz Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit Light-Medium http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HG1JMB4?keywords=anastasia%20beverly%20hills%20contour%20kit&qid=1457734520&ref_=sr_1_1_s_it&s=beauty&sr=1-1 Blush: KOLIGHT® Professional 10 Colors Cosmetic Blush Blusher Powder Palette Makeup Salon Set KOLIGHT® Professional 10 Colors Cosmetic Blush Blusher Powder Palette Makeup Salon Set
Eyes: NYX Cosmetics Eye Shadow Base, Skin Tone NYX Cosmetics Eye Shadow Base, Skin Tone, 0.25 Oz (Packaging May Vary) Italia Deluxe 63 Matte Color Eye Shadow Palette #2063 Italia Deluxe 63 Matte Color Eye Shadow Palette #2063
Brows: Anastasia Dip Brow Dark Brown ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS - Dipbrow Pomade - Dark Brown
Lips: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (Transylvania Smlc21) 1 NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream SMLC07 - Addis Ababa + Free Earring Gift
Mascara: Younique 3d Fiber Lashes
Eyeliner: AOM Cosmetics Extreme Art Liner
Setting Spray: NYX MATTE FINISH
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
22 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2013
I bought this spray based on the price and a review on youtube. I am impressed and my makeup lasted much longer then I expected :)
on April 23, 2016
This is actually a great formula! I was tight on cash and couldn't get my Urban Decay All Nighter spray I really loved and after reading the reviews I decided on this one. It does work extremely well for the price point and doesn't allow for much transfer. I did have some when I put my scrubs on, but not much. It does help it stick and stay through out the day and eating (wiping around the mouth doesn't do as much damage as it normally does). The other great thing is that I have used it heavily and I still have half the bottle left. This is so worth the try and a great buy.
on February 9, 2016
I've used several setting sprays in the past from expensive cosmetic stores. This is the cheapest, lightest, and perfect for all skin types. I quick spray after I use foundation and concealer- usually run a blow dryer on cool over my face and then apply eye makeup with a quick spritz- blow-dry again. You'll see results by the end of the day. Also, a good product to keep in your purse for touchups.
on March 8, 2016
I have really oily skin and was looking for something that would be more cost effective that the Urban Decay All Nighter I have been using. This is not it. It did nothing for me. Within a few hours my face is as glossy as it would be if I hadn't used anything at all. Super disappointed.