5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Case!!
INTRODUCTION
Published on December 14, 2011 by Ciaran

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine for the price
I bought the regular 210 Black version of the case. Cheap is what you wanted, cheap is what you'll get.

Pros:
-Enough space for my mini-ATX motherboard and HD6870 vid card.

-Ample cooling fan mount locations.

-Cable routing space worked well for me.

-Inexpensive.

Cons:
-Could not fit my Asus optical drive...
Published on June 8, 2012 by Jade

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Case!!, December 14, 2011
INTRODUCTION
I was looking for a cheap case for a quick build, and found reviews online saying that as far as cheap cases go, this one was of outstanding quality with many excellent features. I decided to take the plunge, and for my first NZXT product I was quite impressed! According to NZXT, their goal with this case is "to provide the basic chassis to house your rig and just a little more to meet your needs". I think with this goal in mind they have absolutely delivered on their promise! This is not a power-house case, but at this price no-one should be expecting it to be!

BUILD/QUALITY
This is not your usual fifty buck case! The steel used is extremely sturdy and NZXT has taken great care to ensure that there are no sharp edges to be found! Even the plastic of the front panel seems very sturdy and well made! The included fans are whisper quiet, and yet the still move a LOT of air, keeping the case cool without sounding like an aeroplane taking off! All of the hardware included with my case was of excellent quality, and everything screwed in just fine for me (feelings go out to another reviewer who had trouble with some mobo mounts).

DESIGN
I absolutely love the design of this case! It has all the earmarks of a more expensive case, with uniform color everywhere, holes for cable management, and a nifty (near) tool-less design that I am extremely impressed with at this price. Even the power and reset buttons have been very well designed, with a sleek all-black look. As is to be expected with most cases today, the PSU is bottom mounted, something which simply makes sense, although you would be surprised how many budget cases lack this feature! The case doesn't come with air filters, however these are very cheap and can be found here on Amazon (link on bottom). I love that all of the front panel wires and fan wires are long enough to route behind the mother without much difficulty (especially with 21 holes to zip-tie things down!) Another great feature is the space left in between the motherboard and right side panel for routing power cables! I can fit my 24pin ATX connector without any resistance when closing the panel!

FEATURES OVERVIEW
- Almost tool-less design.
- 2x120mm included fans top and back for excellent air flow
- Cable management holes in motherboard plate
- Rear water-cooling holes with rubber grommets
- Space for four more 120mm fans
- All internal cables are black for uniformity!
- USB 2.0 and 3.0 Front Panel

CAVEATS
-As another reviewer mentioned, the front USB ports are upside down. While this may be a problem for some, I only use my front USB ports for flash drives and the occasional external USB device such as my DVD burner. Not a huge deal for me.
- While NZXT advertises this case as almost completely tool-less, you WILL need to screw HDDs and DVD Drives on the far side to prevent vibration. Not a huge deal again.
- "Tool-less" design does not allow for reverse-mounting of hard-drives.

WHY 5 STARS?
- Excellent value for money (++)
- Very well made! (++)
- Fantastic look! (+)
- USB ports upside down (-)
- Tool-less design sub-par (-)

OVERALL
I probably would give this case a 9.5 out of ten, rather than a full ten because of the several points mentioned above. That said, I feel as though I absolutely got my money's worth, and will be highly recommending this case to anyone looking for a budget case! With all the features you normally find in a pro case, save the extra fifty and upgrade your CPU cooler or something. Buy it, you won't be disappointed!

RECOMMENDED PURCHASES
Aluminum filter/120mm black
NZXT CB 24P-W Singled Sleeved M/B 24-Pin Premium Cable (White)
NZXT CB 8P-W 8-Pin Motherboard Premium Power Extension Cable (White)

**EDIT**
I noticed after installing everything that one of the 140mm fans had two fins that were cracked, and upon removing the fan both pieces fell off. I immediately contacted NZXT customer service, and spoke to two VERY friendly people who took my address down and shipped me a new fan THE SAME DAY. I absolutely appreciate good customer service, without the hassle of a long RMA process, nor asking me to send the whole case back (you think that sounds crazy, but Corsair and I have had words about this.)
Still very impressed, more than likely the fan was damaged during shipping. Thanks!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but beautiful, December 31, 2011
Simple. Traditional. Cheap. This is all it needs. A lot of cases today are trying to look new or modern with flashy lights or unique designs. But this case brings back the old plain stock case design in black. It doesn't rely on exagerations or extra decorations to catch the attention of buyers. It could be used for both professionally and for gaming.

Pros:

1. Front USB 3.0 panels. USB 3's are hands down going to be the next gen of connectors for any type of data transfer. Having one in the front will be very helpful since it'll prevent the hassles of connecting it to the back. Also it can charge the battery of iphones, ipads or other similar devices without turning on the computer. For this price range and for it's time(late 2011), it's rare to find front USB 3.0 panels.

2. New screwless locks for drives. These mounts are very sturdy, will keep all 3.5 inches and 5 inch drives in place. No looseness or rocking.

3. Wire management. It has supple amount of space and a generous amount of hooks and hedges to tie the wires down.

4. Spacious. This case is a bit on the larger size of mid towers. I have a evga GTX 560ti which is about 10 inches and it fits easily with excess 2-3 inches of room. I'm pretty sure it can hold GTX 580's or HD 6970's.

Con:

Airflow. No front mesh grill. At this price range a good amount of cases come with front mesh grills, which in my opinion, helps with airflow quite a bit. Don't get me wrong tho. You can still mount 2 fronts fans on this case. Just that the air intakes for this case are small slits about half an inch wide going around the edges of the bottom half of the front cover. Comparing this with the full frontal mesh plates, the intake is hindering.

This case may not be the best cooling case out there but with some time spent on wire management and after-market fans it can still be a great budget gaming case. For those looking for a simple exterior design, plenty of room, decent airflow, AND the front 3.0 panel, this is a very good case for the price range.

4.0 out of 5 stars i only used antec until this one, March 25, 2012
Amazon Customer (Southern California) - See all my reviews
build was for one of work stations at work,
pros:
- it looks clean - I cannot stand all these more expensive "gaming" case look / techno look. those cases look so immature and not suitable for work. If not those, most of the cheaper cases actually look really "ghetto" or of lesser quality.
The case overall looks very clean. suitable for academic / office setting.
- 2 fans blowing air out on the back (near the board) and on the top surface. there are places for more fans if you need to add more
- fairly light
- steel feel
- usb 3.0 attaches from motherboard to front faceplate usb slot.
- I like the way front hdd light is somewhat dim behind a plate. it's not invasive even when the room lights are off.
- fits well with atx motherboard (duh that's what it's supposed to do) enough room for probably a large videocard which may take 2 pci slot spaces
- ok wiring system layout. it mimics antec a little bit ( PSU on the bottom as well)
- PRICE
cons:
- case screws are not of high quality.
- the "screwless" mounting system for hdd + optical drives aren't very stable. you still would want to use some screws to keep them secured.
- no case fan speed controllers

overall I have no complaints, I'm glad i bought this case when it was $35 with free shipping via amazon prime. best cheap case I've ever bought for any computer build.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine for the price, June 8, 2012
This review is from: NZXT Source 210 Computer Case Black (Personal Computers)

Pros:
-Enough space for my mini-ATX motherboard and HD6870 vid card.

-Ample cooling fan mount locations.

-Cable routing space worked well for me.

-Inexpensive.

Cons:
-Could not fit my Asus optical drive in the top slot. The top support was located above the front case opening, so when inserting the drive, the bottom of the drive ran into the lower support. I could not finagle it in, so I had to put the drive in the second slot. May be an issue if you plan on using all three 5.25" slots.

-Screws are not high quality. Also, it was very difficult to thread the screws properly in the standoffs for the motherboard. The result of these two was a difficult time screwing in the motherboard without stripping the heads.

-Upside-down USB ports on the front.

Overall, I am happy with the case. I bought it on a budget; it performs to that budget well. For my next PC, I will probably opt for something a little higher quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic case - NZXT Source 210 White, October 30, 2013
This is a very well constructed case. Came with the basics (lots of screws, couple zip ties, motherboard standoffs, lots of fan support). For the price, this is a very good case, and is great for either a case you might never touch again or a case that you might open and close five times a day. Tool-less support for hard drive mounting is nice though I did not receive any tool-less installation parts.

As compared to a similar size (maybe 10-15cm shorter, 5-10cm thinner) Rosewill case, this case is very solid, and is around the same price point. On the other hand, the rosewill case came with so many extra parts (tool-less installation parts, some sticky wire-routing pieces, and an even more excessive amount of screws) that it almost makes up for it. For a computer I would not mess with internally after building, the Rosewill case is probably better for the extra parts; however, if you would need to open it a lot, the Rosewill one would get really annoying and this NZXT case would be amazing.

This is a really good case, and really well built, though it is lacking in extra parts. I managed to fit an optical drive in the top 5.25" slot though it took some work. The bottom mounted PSU slot is nice as I don't really prefer them at the top (especially near a hot cpu), and the fan slot locations are rather nice albeit somewhat excessive (the side panel one is almost unnecessary with the rest of them, and might be more useful blocked off in some instances). Also the upside-down usb ports are kind of strange, and it is somewhat heavy and large (good for gaming builds or anything that needs the space).

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice case. But front USB ports are upside down., December 6, 2011
Gregor (Cleveland, OH USA) - See all my reviews
I bought the white NZXT Source 210 Elite in early October 2011 for an i7 system with two HDDs. I like the case and would recommend it. The case has a nicely painted finish, smooth metal edges, and is sturdy without being heavy. The two chassis fans are very quiet. For the most part, installing components and cabling went fine. However, the internal HDD cage is mounted rather close to the motherboard. Although there are eight 3.5" bays, it was almost a challenge to find where to put the two HDDs without bumping into the SATA ports of the motherboard (ASUS P8Z68-V PRO). I recommend that you install the HDDs last so that you can determine their best location. Otherwise, it might be hard to remove them later.
During PC assembly, I ran into a few problems:
The motherboard standoffs were difficult to screw into the case, maybe due to paint.
It was very difficult to get the motherboard mounting screws to thread into three of the standoffs. Fortunately, I tried all the mounting screws BEFORE installing the motherboard. NZXT sent me replacements in the meantime.
The cable management port for the 12V motherboard cable is small, making it difficult to thread the power connector through the hole. This required loosening the top chassis fan and moving it out of the way.
No PC speaker. I didn't discover this until I was done assembling the PC and connecting the headers. Fortunately, the ASUS motherboard has status LEDs serving the same purpose as POST beeps.
The front panel USB ports are mounted upside down!!!! I called NZXT. They sent me a wrong replacement. Called again. They sent me the correct replacement, but its ports are also upside down! And both times, they lost the order, and I had to call again after waiting a week each time. I have yet to receive a correct replacement (after two months). Some of my USB devices have a status indicator on one side. When plugged in upside down, I can't see that status indicator. USB cables have the USB icon on top so you know which side is up. You have to plug them in upside down. Not a deal breaker, but very annoying that there is no fix. You can't simply flip the front I/O panel to correct this.
There are two front panel USB ports. One is USB 2.0, the other USB 3.0. Motherboards with USB 3.0 headers support two ports, but you will only be able to get one port out of that two-port header. I would prefer to have two USB 3.0 front ports. Maybe NZXT was thinking that this case could be a transition case for those with only USB 2.0, but who intend to later upgrade their motherboard to one with USB 3.0. The non-Elite case has two USB 2.0 ports.
The two front panel USB ports are close together. If a wide adapter is plugged in, then it's difficult to use the other USB port.
The tool-less bays seem a waste, clamping only on one side. I used screws on the opposite side to be sure the drives are mounted solidly. I don't plan to be frequently swapping drives, so tool-less is not important to me, and would prefer screws only.
For my basic build, there are too many ventilation holes, and none have any dust filters. I've blocked some of the holes in order to increase airflow over the HDDs, and added filters to others.
There is no sound absorbing material or vibration dampening mounts. But with the case open, stock Intel fan, two chassis fans, and two HDDs, there is very little noise - most of it coming from the HDDs. If you plan to run noisier parts, then the case might get noisy, especially with all those holes.
After two months, I'm totally happy with the case, but wish the USB ports were right side up!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome case even if you're not on a budget I would consider it., August 29, 2013
This review is from: NZXT Source 210 Computer Case Black (Personal Computers)
Best and least expensive case I have ever owned. I put 2 140mm NZXT fans and 3 120mm NZXT fans in the case. 140s are in the top as exhaust, and front, bottom and back hold the 120mm fans. Has cable management in the back that is a little bit tight from cables coming from the psu but mine fit fine.

It would probably depend on your motherboard but I wasn't able to fit fans for a push pull configuration on the back with my h60 cpu cooler radiator. so I'm just pushing air through it with 1 intake fan on the back.

My 3rd PCI express slot is a little close to where the power supply is mounted so if you're running 3x sli or just want your video card mounted farther away from other components this may be an issue for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars None better under $40, March 4, 2013
This review is from: NZXT Source 210 Computer Case Black (Personal Computers)
I have purchased 3 of these cases now and I love them. However, there is some confusion about the different models and I'd like to clear that up:
The NZXT 210

1. comes in 2 colors but only has USB 2.0 ports.
2. uses screws instead of the tool-less method for attaching drives.
3. Only includes one 120mm fan (non LED but a nice fan)

The NZXT 210 ELITE comes with:

1. 2 colors with USB 3.0 ports
2. Tool-less drive doomaflagies
3. Includes 2 fans (non LED i believe)
4. Cost about $10 more than non-elite version.

I have only ever bought the non-elite version. (2 white and 1 black) If you want more than 1 fan, you might as well just get the ELITE version as you'll spend almost $10 just getting a second fan for the non-elite version. (additionally you'll get the other benefits mentioned above.) I have bought many cases over the years and this is by far the best bang for the buck. It's simple, it's quality, cable management space on the back side of the motherboard is plentiful, it's nice to look at, and it has great airflow. I have tried other cases and regretted it and returned them and came back to this one. I don't know what the other reviewers are looking at when they decided to trash this case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to return the first one, February 10, 2014
This review is from: NZXT Source 210 Computer Case Black (Personal Computers)
When the item was delivered I noticed a huge dent on one of the corners. I notified amazon and they immediately shipped one out right away without me even returning the first one yet. The replacement came in before I even set a return label on the damaged case. I am very pleased with Amazon's customer service.

The case is great and the price is excellent. All you really need in a housing if you are on a budget like myself.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and affordable case., August 4, 2013
it's a mediocre case. It can be better. The white gets dirty easily and it scratches easily as well. The case has good cable management holes so that's a plus! Another plus is the fact that it can carry at least 4 or 5 fans if you choose to. However, it still sports the white look which makes it seem very aesthetic but the front panel just makes you think other wise. If you want to use this for an office computer, I would suggest it. However, for gaming, you might want to get a better case.
Recommended for office use since it gives the impression that it's clean and professional looking.

NZXT Source 210 Computer Case Black