Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nabisco Original Premium Saltine Crackers Topped with Sea Salt, 3 Pound
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Size: 1 pack|Change

on May 9, 2013
I am 77 yr's. old, and have eaten these for as long as I can remember; Always a treat for me, even plain, no nuttin' on top. The price in our local Supermarket has gone thru the roof. Your price with free ship made them affordable again. Try putting 10 or twelve in your toaster oven on a metal tray until the top's turn golden; while they a still warm ad a small dab of real butter on each and eat hot. My Grandfather (RIP) taught me that one. Just realized I need to reorder...so will wait until I need 25 buck worth of Amazon stuff so I get free ship.
on April 21, 2012
Not much to say about saltine crackers... I needed saltines, I cam onto Amazon, I found my usual Nabisco saltine crackers, and I purchased them. They came just fine... not all smashed and broken. But what stood out is that they are so fresh!
on February 22, 2013
I love saltines. They are essentially my go to snack food, not to mention how nice it is to have them around for days when my stomach is upset and I can't handle much else. I don't have a car, so buying in bulk isn't really convenient for me, so being able to get what is basically three boxes of saltines is a godsend. Even better, they weren't stale and stayed fresh even though it took me about two months to get through them the first time I bought them.
on February 2, 2012
We bring a three-pound box with us to the Alaskan bush each year and order a second when we run out. If they become stale, you can always toast them, or even put a piece of cheese on them and briefly panfry them in oil to crisp them up--tasty. Great for crushing and using to bread chicken and fish for frying, crumbled into soups and chowders, or as a base for hors d'oevres. Most versatile cracker we've found.
We particularly like these with smoked oysters, kipper snacks, sardines and smoked salmon [not all together of course]. The combination of the sea salt and the smoked sea creatures are so very yummy. We also like to put pimento cheese or marinated pimentos, yellow or red peppers on top.

So that's the sophisticated snacks!

Now for the satisfying childhood cravings: these with peanut butter, sliced cheese, olives, apples and of course with soups. Sometimes, we have "cracker smorgasbord night" of assorted toppings along with a good salad for our dinner. Healthy, light and satisfying.
on February 12, 2013
I ordered this crackers cause it was cheaper to order it or to drive 50 miles to get more crackers at the price of gas in California,good price and Premium is always a good cracker.will order more when they get down to two pkgs.
on December 12, 2011
Saltine crackers just like my Mama used to buy. They have the flavor I favor. They used to come in a metal box years ago but are supplied in a heavy paper carton now. Arrived without a single cracker crumb in the first 'stack' that I opened. Obviously received careful handling. I'll buy them again from Amazon.
on February 28, 2014
I can wax poetic about the marriage of white flour and salt and baking forever. And I'd like to. I have the time.

But what can be said about a foodstuff as iconic as the Saltine. Ignore the giant PREMIUM on the box. This is Saltine. This is the essence of crispy-toasty-salty. And it costs about as much as if you went into your back yard and started shoveling dirt into your mouth. They're almost free. They definitely taste better than dirt.

This is less a review than a salute, a wee homage to this American institution. Sardines, Velveeta-based dip, a hunk of salami...hell, blue cheese dressing by itself (it's my secret, but you can share it, I won't tell). Saltines elevate everything in which the come into contact.

And when you pick one up? That includes you.
on October 23, 2013
I bought these crackers because I really like sea salt. These crackers don't cut it for me. I can't taste any salt on them and they are tasteless. I am just going to soak them in my soups and rely on the taste of the soup. What was and is good about these crackers is that the price was really good. For me, from now on, I will pay a little more for a better cracker.
on October 19, 2014
It seems like there are a lot of fans of this brand, and I hope they don't get offended here, but I don't like these crackers anymore. I used to love them. This is the brand I grew up with and I still have the old Premium Cracker metal tin that used to sit up on my grandmother's refrigerator. But when they changed the recipe back in 2011 and started using sea salt they just didn't taste good to me anymore. I switched to Zesta crackers, but even the store brand saltines I tried were better (in my opinion) than the reformulated Premium crackers.

This week I decided to give Premium crackers another try. Unfortunately they still don't taste good to me. They aren't salty enough for my liking and don't seem to taste as fresh as other brands of saltines I've been using. I'm disappointed and wish they still offered their original version of these crackers.