5.0 out of 5 stars It's like a fat dump
I dumped in a box and had some, it was the greatest night of my life. Long live Tostitos, long live turds.
Published 16 months ago by Dan

Published on April 24, 2012 by naderismyhero

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for deceptive packaging - the new crackers are HoRRIBLE!!, April 24, 2012
This review is from: Nabisco Premium Saltine Crackers 16oz Box (Misc.)
I emailed Nabisco regarding their new Saltine crackers that the package says "original" which are horrible and have no taste and are hard as bricks. I received a reply from Nabisco verifying that they indeed did change the recipe in December 2011 and removed original salt and are now adding sea salt. The new package is deceptive as it says "original" but once you taste the new ones, you will know that they are as far from original as you can get. I have found that Keebler Zesta saltines are really good and I have switched to them after eating Nabisco saltines for 46 years. It is ashamed that American manufacturers just can't leave a classic product alone and have ruined it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Premium Saltines are no longer premium in taste., September 6, 2012
This review is from: Nabisco Premium Saltine Crackers 16oz Box (Misc.)
I agree with most of the reviewers in this review. I too have bought Premium Saltines all my life (I'm now 63) and they are now: 1. flimsy - will break in half or in pieces when spreading with peanut butter, 2. poorly packaged - have many broken crackers in each tube which as another reviewer pointed out is due to flimsier cardboard packaging, and most importantly 3. have virtually no taste any more. It is indeed a sad day that one of our old standbys has fallen victim to cost-cutting to enhance company profits. Thanks to the reviewer about Keebler crackers....I'm switching.

1.0 out of 5 stars New Premium Saltines - ICK, June 12, 2012
This review is from: Nabisco Premium Saltine Crackers 16oz Box (Misc.)
I am what's known as a "brand loyal" customer. I've eaten Premium Saltines almost exclusively for 60+ years and had no reason to stop until now. The new formula tastes like a discount super marker's generic knock off. My 89 year old aunt (also brand loyal) will be crushed with this change. Thanks for the tip on the Keebler Zesta crackers - I'm about to give them a try.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Longer Original Premium Saltines, July 2, 2012
This review is from: Nabisco Premium Saltine Crackers 16oz Box (Misc.)
Round and hard is not the same as square and flakey. I can see changing over to sea salt, no big deal... but the new texture of the round crackers is not even close to the Original. I'll be looking for a new brand to purchase for my next 50 years.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nabisco Original Premium Saltine Cracker, May 15, 2012
This review is from: Nabisco Premium Saltine Crackers 16oz Box (Misc.)
Nothing original or premium about the new recipe. They are realy bad. Ate these for over 60 years. No more.

1.0 out of 5 stars "original"? - I doubt it., October 23, 2010
This review is from: Nabisco Premium Saltine Crackers 16oz Box (Misc.)
These are not the "original" Nabisco saltine crackers I grew up on. No taste cardboard imitations. On every side of the box Nabisco touts "No Cholesterol, No Saturated Fat" -- items all but unknown when these crackers really were "original". I don't know what I hate more, them destroying a great product or insulting my intelligence by saying they hadn't changed anything. Oh well, I guess I'll go drown myself in "New Coke"....

2.0 out of 5 stars It is all about the box., September 30, 2010
This review is from: Nabisco Premium Saltine Crackers 16oz Box (Misc.)
They have changed the box of the world's greatest cracker to a piece of flimsy cardboard that cannot stand the rigors of shipping, shelving, and carrying it home with other groceries in a plastic bag. I cry everytime I open a new box and find damaged crackers in each of the 4 pkgs inside. Sometimes even tears in them. I just may have to switch brands.

1.0 out of 5 stars Krispy, Thou Art My Saviour...sort of..., September 3, 2013
This review is from: Nabisco Premium Saltine Crackers 16oz Box (Misc.)
Last year my grandparents finally ran out of their supply of Premium saltine crackers and I went to get another set of boxes for them only to see that they were now topped with sea salt. Since I was at Costco, I lucked out and one of the ladies there was handing out samples of these crackers. I should have taken more notice of people spitting out their mouthfuls into the trashcan next to her. These were the most vile things I've ever had when it comes to crackers. Not only was there no flavor, but they appear to have also changed the breading recipe as well, and not for the better.

Being a person that doesn't top *any* food with salt unless absolutely necessary (i.e. it's so tasteless the back of my wrist has more flavor than the food), I enjoyed these both as a treat and as a means of countering my favorite food: a nice big bowl of Campbell's Tomato Bisque soup + Tomato Rice soup. The sweetness of the soup and the saltiness of the old saltines went so well together. But I can't eat that soup with the new "Original" crackers. They're just awful and make me want to gag. And gag I do if I eat these. Hell, they'd gag a maggot.

I was forced to switch to Krispy's saltines as they were the only ones left that used real salt. I had avoided them for years because their cracker portion was inferior to the Premium crackers (they tasted more like burnt crackers than good crackers), but with no other viable options, they are now my go-to. Unfortunately Costco stopped carrying Krispy here so now I'm up turd creek without a paddle when it comes to crackers.

I'm already healthy. I don't eat a lot of salt. And I most definitely do not need a company to tell me what is good for me or what I should like. And I do *not* like these. At all.

Ugh.

1.0 out of 5 stars NO LONGER A GOOD CRACKER, February 13, 2013
This review is from: Nabisco Premium Saltine Crackers 16oz Box (Misc.)
I have to agree with the other poor reviews, the new recipe is terrible. The crackers used to be all light in color and now they have brown spots like they were cooked too long. The cracker no longer lays flat but curls up on the sides, again probably cooked too long and using cheaper ingredients. I have bought some boxes where the crackers were all burned on the sides. They are dry and tasteless.
I buy the 16 oz box because it is a better buy but the cardboard box is now lighter than it used to be resulting in almost always broken crackers. And forget putting peanut butter on them, they immediately break and crack. I'm also going to try Keebler. Goodbye to a once great product.

1.0 out of 5 stars what a shame, June 3, 2012
This review is from: Nabisco Premium Saltine Crackers 16oz Box (Misc.)
Whatever happened to 'Don't fix it if it ain't broke!' advice? For more than sixty years I enjoyed the original "Original Premium Saltine" crackers. Although the new box boasts only a new shape, it was the new taste I find objectionable. Sadly, this will be my last purchase of this product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›