5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Package
This 6 pack of Satya Sai Baba scents is a great bargain. For less than a ten spot, you get six 15 gram boxes of quality incense, and all of these scents have something good to offer, though mileage will of course vary. Also worth noting: most of the vendors offering this 6 pack also offer the Super Saver Shipping on this item.

Nag Champa: This the the classic...
Published on October 7, 2010 by Renter

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly, my box was mildewed/moldy
Published on July 19, 2012 by Justin Steele

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Package, October 7, 2010
This review is from: Set of 6 x 15g Boxes Incense Nag Champa Sunrise Sandalwood Midnight Patchouli Celestial (Health and Beauty)

Nag Champa: This the the classic blue box incense, and if you're shopping for incense you've no doubt heard of it, if not smelled it for yourself. You know what you're getting with this one.

Patchouli Forest: This is NOT the patchouli from the drugstore deodorant aisle, the patchouli that made you feel that if you never smelled patchouli again it would be too soon. THIS is the patchouli you smelled that time in somebody's dorm room and asked what it was and was surprised by the answer you got. It is a rare patchouli, this, and well worth the price of all the rest of the incense in this pack. But wait! There's more.

Midnight: This is a sandalwood and vanilla based incense that has a sweet, spicy something that has quickly made it my favorite incense for relaxing at bedtime. It's kind of mysterious, in a good way.

Sandalwood: A very good sandalwood incense, not my personal favorite sandalwood but it does smell very nice.

Sunrise: As I've taken to using the Midnight before bed, I've also been enjoying the Sunrise upon waking. There's a good dose of vanilla and something else that makes me think of baked goods for some reason. Kind of reminds me of allspice.

Celestial: This is a subtle fragrance that I've found useful for balancing out strong, single-note fragrances like Satya Sai Baba's Jasmine Blossom. Burning the Celestial alongside of it gives it more depth. By itself, the Celestial reminds me of Frankincense and Myrrh, only lighter, with a wood base that might be sandalwood. It's a nice choice if you're kind of in the mood for some incense, but nothing that might be overpowering.

On the whole, this 6 pack was worth every penny, and I've enjoyed each of the fragrances for different reasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value on quality incense, February 6, 2009
Jeff Gadt (Overland Park, KS) - See all my reviews
I'm impressed! I've had the Nag Champa from this brand before...but forgot how good they are...these sticks may be a little shorter than some I've purchased from local shops, but they last twice as long at 1 hr each, and have robust scents with staying power. Each box in the set comes with 9 or 10 sticks, and each stick measures 8 inches tip to tip, with 6.5 inches of incense to burn. I'm very pleased with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite Expensive? Well..you get what you PAY for., April 10, 2010
Really folks regardless how much incense you use..how truly "expensive" can it be? I have used incense for over 35 years. As a "child of the Woodstock Nation' I know my incense after all this time. Years ago after some time I finally settled on Gonesh sticks since it was adequate for my olfactory needs and readily available even at 'dollar stores'. I generally preferred the "Ocean" fragrance in Gonesh sticks. Now...after so many years I have switched to Nag Champa. Why? one word - QUALITY. Try them and see for yourself. The fragrances are quite distinct, articulate, full bodied and bountiful while remaining subtle..never overwhelming. They never 'intrude' they always 'enhance'. I have tried 3 of the 6 fragrances and I love 'Midnight' and 'Sunrise' especially so. Using an upright burner these sticks last 50-60 minutes in my environment. Expensive? Maybe for a cheap skate that counts every penny twice and chooses to sacrifice his pleasures away on an altar of miserliness. Had to say that! Try them my friends...Nag Champa sticks will give you an aura of peace, serenity and an alluring aromatic experience that lasts a long time.

-ps they are very affordable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great incense collection. Great scents, burns slowly, March 20, 2011
I decided to purchase this product from Amazon because I had a hard time finding burn incenses in other stores (not every store carries this kind of incenses). I loved the scents; each set has its own distinct smell. But what I loved most about it is the way it burns: it burns slowly and lasts longer. You can still smell the scent in the air hours after and it is a very pleasant sensation. I bought different kinds/brands before and I find that some burn too quickly. I like that these burn slowly. The price is also great for this many sets. Strongly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gold Standard, February 21, 2010
As far as I'm concerned, the original Nag Champa incense by Satya is the Gold standard by which all other incense should be compared. I've tried dozens of brands from various import stores, some more expensive, some less, but they all pale by comparison. This stuff smells good while it is being burned which is not always the case with some other more 'perfumey' brands. Once you've used this there's no going back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots to Love, February 15, 2011
Erroneous B.I.G. (Maryland, United States) - See all my reviews
This is our second time ordering this selection here. To me, they don't smell alike at all. They have similarities, but I can definitely tell them apart. I think this is a great sampling of Satya blends. I was always a big fan of nag champa, but never tried the other ones before. At this price, it's easy to give it a try and find some new loves.

I now like some of the others even more than Nag Champa. My faves are Celestial and Midnight; both are rich, heavy, complex scents. The Sandalwood is lovely, exactly as strong as I like it, mellow, but with presence. The Sunrise is well named, as it seems best in the morning. It's a lighter scent, and more uplifting, less meditative than the others. The Nag Champa, well, what to say? It's one of my all time faves. I think Nag Champa is one of those things people either love or hate, but everyone recognizes it. We're not crazy about the Forest Patchouli, so we give that one to a friend. It's not bad smelling, just not big Patchouli fans here. :/

The sticks can be a little crumbly, but that's because it's the real thing, materials rolled onto the stick and then dried. You can get "clean" sticks if you prefer blanks dipped in synthetic scent oils. I don't like those. You really can't beat this price either. The low reviews must've gotten a bad batch or got it from a different vendor, I don't know. We haven't had any of the issues described.

I highly recommend trying this set. Even if there's a couple types you don't like, it's still worth it. If you can't smell the difference between them, maybe it isn't the incense that's to blame. :|

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, good variety, September 10, 2010
Love these. They have a great aroma.

I have tried other brands, and they smell like cleaner. I feel like cheaper incense smells like that dirty bleach soacked towel that some restruaunts use to wipe down tables. You sit down, and just have to wonder why they think I want to smell that strong cleaning chemical while I eat.

The only reason I did not give 5 stars, is because some of them have too much mositure in them. if they do, they will not burn without being relit multiple times. I found out if I 'nearly' light the entire thing, by going over it with a flame, some moisture will bubble out and it will in fact burn all the way without having to be lit a second time.

Great stuff...

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly, my box was mildewed/moldy, July 19, 2012
Justin Steele (Colorado Springs, CO) - See all my reviews
This is usually a decent low-priced Indian incense product; but the set of 6 x 15g boxes I received seemed... old. The Sandalwood scent included, which I normally enjoy from this incense producer, smelled like it had been damaged by water or mold. (This can happen if the incense gets moist or very old; I have a feeling the seller just sent me a very, very old sampler box of this incense.)

Sadly, this was the only disappointing incense purchase I've ever had from an Amazon seller; and it could have just been a fluke.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit or Miss, February 3, 2011
Tetris Master (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
If you've ever walked into a store that sells and/or burns incense, you've probably run into these at some point. These are your standard, run-of-the-mill incense sticks that have that familiar "incense" smell most people are used to. On the plus side, they're affordable and most of the varieties smell pleasant. On the other hand, there are a couple of varieties in this bundle that don't really smell particularly good (at least to me). If you can find these at a store (try looking near the beach or close to college campuses), I'd suggest buying one or two sticks of each and seeing if you like them before you order. Make sure you actually light them to see how they smell, as the smoke often smells quite different from the unburned smell of the sticks. Overall, these are nice, but definitely nothing special.

5.0 out of 5 stars They all smell so good., March 10, 2010
OhAmy (weschester, NY) - See all my reviews
They all smell strong and wonderful. I live in a one bedroom and if I light one in the bedroom, foyer & Living room the scent fill the whole place in just a few minutes then lingers for hours. Get it, its worth the money.