5.0 out of 5 stars Great Konad Stamper set and some stamping hints...
Okay, first off: I am guilty of loving my stamping plates a whole lot. The scraper is fine to work with, although, the small grooves and holes in it collect nailpolish and need to be cleaned off every few swipes. IMO, an expired giftcard works just as well and is easier to clean off.

Unfortunately, there are no cheap substitutes for the stamper. I suggest...
Published on November 25, 2010 by twl8zn

3.0 out of 5 stars Stamper works like a charm
But the scraper is ineffective. Instead, use an old gift card or credit card you won't be using anymore. The stamp itself is great. Easy to hold and I like the dual sides
Published on November 19, 2011 by Rachel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Konad Stamper set and some stamping hints..., November 25, 2010
This review is from: Konad Nail Art Double Ended Stamper And Scraper (Health and Beauty)

Unfortunately, there are no cheap substitutes for the stamper. I suggest you guard it with your life. It is flexible and can mold itself onto the nail to ensure a proper image stamp. The double ended one is perfect for making small adjustment to the nail (eg: the plate image is too small to cover the entire nail) and you have to make a second 'swipe'. The stamp end is about 1" round. It cleans up beautifully with Acetone and after hundreds of cleanings, still looks new.

Just an FYI, as I've been Konad'ing for a bit now, instead of the black "Konad Special Polish", I have found (after trying 11 different products) that WET 'N WILD black velvet nailpolish is the best. It costs less than $2 at CVS or WalMart and it is by far the best black out there. I've tried Orly, Chanel, and others, and none of them are this thick and black. Others are too sheer when you try to stamp them, or they simply don't show up on a darker background. I like to do dark blue with a black argyle pattern on them. Looks great, just don't forget your topcoat.

Now, for the regular stamping polishes... what I have found is that any basecoat color is fine. Its when you need one to stamp with that you have to be careful. Don't be fooled by others who say that 'any nailpolish will stamp'. Well, yes it will, but it may be so faint that it will be a waste of your time. The best nailpolishes for stamping are ones that have some metallic in them. Sally Hansen Chrome nailpens are good, but expensive. I have found that the best stamping polishes are at WalMart. Yes, PURE ICE nailpolishs in 'Outrageous' and others stamp up beautifully. They are thick, quick drying and accurate. I only use the ones with a bit of 'chrome-iness" to them. If you're going to put a design on your nail, make it pop!

For the White polish, Sally Hansen French Tip White is a good one. White is tricky. It almost has to be like 'liquid paper' to get it to work and look right.

Good luck, fellow nail afficiandos!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but it can be tricky, January 27, 2011
One thing I want to say about this product, which as far as I know wasn't in any of the reviews, if this is your first time buying a stamper, make sure you look at the tutorial on YouTube and also make sure that you FILE YOUR STAMPER before the first use!! I learned the hard way, I usually like to jump in feet first when doing things so after hours of trial and error, I finally watched a very informational video and got my stamper to work. I first assumed it was defective..lol, Im still learning how to stamp, but of course like all great things, it will get better with time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Double-Sided Stamper is the way to go!, January 5, 2011
There are other Konad products out there that have only one stamper and are about one dollar less- I say stick with this one! The small side is perfect for smaller nails to be more precise as well as with the smaller designs and with the French Manicures.

The scraper works well also, but I found that its hole often got a little clogged, but that wasn't much of an inconvenience, merely an observation that it works best when cleaned after each use! A little hint, to save nail polish only put polish on the top half of the design and when you scrape down, the excess nail polish from the top will fill into the bottom half, saving you more nail polish! Overall, this is a must!

4.0 out of 5 stars give this a chance, April 25, 2012
A lot of people have posted they have issues with this product..... and I'll be honest, I did too at first.

This does exactly what it says it does though. Here's a few troubleshooting steps

1. STOP PRESSING SO HARD! I for one was seriously over thinking this! I was pressing really hard, and instead of picking the polish up, it was just pushing it further in to the plate. all it takes is a normal to light amount of pressure.

2. if it still doesn't work, file it down a little bit with a rough file.

That should be all it takes to do the trick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont even try polish stamping without the konad stamper!, June 4, 2014
K.J. Nolan (Pittsford, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Out of everything you need to become a great nailart specialist, or "stamper" this is the one thing there is NO Substitute for! While you can use different stamping plates or do it free hand, use different brands of nail polish, or use a business or playing card as the scraper the one thing you NEED to become a great nail stamper and can't do without is the stamping tool. And you can't do any better than the konad brand and I wouldn't even try. Whether it is one or two sided the konad stamper is the one item you can't do without.
Some people who are a little timid think it might be easier if they start out by using one of the new sliding "stamping" machines they have come out with. I was one of them. But it actually seemed to make it more complicated and harder to stamp. The best thing is to jump in with "both hands"and start out by using the stamper. You actually have more control over where you put the stamp.
On the other hand the scraper really isn't as necessary or that great. You can use a business card or a playing card and it will scrape off the excess polish just as well or (for me) better than the scraper that comes with this. You need something hard and stiff...um ...preferably not metal. Although metal scrapers work great they also will scratch the stamping plates. The more they get scratched the less of a clean stamping design you get and eventually it will ruin them. The plastic one that comes with this works but it has there are little ridges and corners etc that collect the polish and even after scraping it, it's still doesn't come clean. A lot of people I know like to use plain paper towel to clean off the plates. So I think you'll find something that you will prefer over another.
No matter what you decide to do remember that this is like everything you try to do in life...It takes time and practice to get good at it. Get your kids or grandkids involved, telling them you want to do their nails. They aren't as picky about something being perfectly even or straight as we are when we get a little older. Don't give up, be patient with yourself and most of all have fun. That's the reason for doing this isn't it?
BUT TAKE THE WORD OF AN ADDICTED STAMPER....DONT DO IT WITHOUT YOUR KONAD STAMPER!!! That's the one tool you need to guard with your life because without the stamper you just can't stamp. Period.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked as described, June 17, 2011
Sophie (East Brunswick, NJ) - See all my reviews
This is a super fun little thing, and it worked just as described. I used it with the MASH plates and Sally Hansen Insta Dry nail polish. I did not like the scraper, so I used an old cancelled credit card instead. I didn't have to 'file' the end of the stamper as some users mentioned to get the image to transfer; it worked just fine right out of the package. I used pure acetone to clean the stamper and plates and it cleaned off perfectly. I think this was very worth the price, and I can see myself using it over and over.

On a side note, make sure you wait until your base coat of nail polish is COMPLETELY dry...I was impatient and tried stamping too soon. It turned into a gooey mess!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, October 11, 2010
Works great, does as described. Easy to clean and use. Makes doing nail art fun and easy. I really enjoy doing my nails now, and with so many different nail art stamp plates out there, it's totally worth it and great price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stamper works like a charm, November 19, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Konad double stamper and scraper, January 13, 2012
hopemarie123 (Cincinnati, Ohio, USA) - See all my reviews
The larger end of the stamper is great, the smaller end didnt work that great for me. I use an old gift card to scrape instead of the razor edge scraper.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Knock-Off, June 29, 2013
I ordered this thinking it was actually a Konad product and would come as pictured. But alas; what I got was a cheap knock-off which came in a "made in China" package. Very cheap looking and the scraper is the cheapest I have ever seen, will definitely scratch your plates. I will toss the scraper and keep the stamper. The seller should put an accurate pic of the product being sold and lower the price. I would not recommend this to anyone. This was my most disappointing purchase! The following ones are better! Winstonia Nail Art Double Ended Large Stamp and Plastic Scraper Set or MASH Double Sided Nail Art Plate Stamp and Scraper (Special Introductory Price) Mind you the plastic scrapers are always best so as to not scratch your nice image plates.

Konad Nail Art Double Ended Stamper And Scraper