Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Naked!: How to Find the Perfect Partner by Revealing Your True Self
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on March 16, 2013
This is an excellent book. I agree with most of what the author, David Wygant, says in the book. He says that to have true meaningful relationships, one should be open and vulnerable. Another author of another book, Warren Farrell, in Why Men Are The Way They Are, also says that true intimacy requires revealing fears and vulnerabilities. In this book, David Wygant says that a lot of people put up walls that keep them from revealing their true selves to others. He says that you want to be able to pick the right person instead of just solely being picked. He says that you don't have to date somebody just solely for the sake of dating someone because you're afraid to be alone. That relationship isn't going to work. A relationship is a two-way street. Some couples stay too long in some relationships because they're afraid to leave even after they realize they're not meant to be. He mentioned about a lady that he knew that was afraid to even smile at a guy that she was attracted to in a public place because if she was rejected the fear of potentially having to be reminded of a very public rejection was too much of an emotional hurt to her. He indicated that often both men and women are afraid to approach a person in a public place business such as a restaurant, store, etc. because they feel that if they're rejected by the person they're attracted to, they would be embarassed at that place and have to find another business of that type to do business with. He says that a lot of online dating are the equivalent of single bars in the skies. David said that he'd rather go out with 10 women he thought he was being honest with than 100 women who were disappointed when he arrived. He said that the fear of being the last single person standing can be a very powerful motivator to get somebody in a hurry to get married and that could possibly be to the wrong person. In some of those cases, they might be better off if they were still single or married to another person.
on February 2, 2012
I've read all the different "dating guru" books out there. And you know what? None of them worked for me. I could never do the silly magic tricks or keep track of ioi's or any other crazy acronym that all gurus seemed to love. And I didn't want to use their system and become them. I wanted women to like me for me. I also had the scary realization that the other dating books tried to teach you how to have one night stands but not a longterm relationship.

Finally, David Wygant's Naked! came out. With this book I diddn't learn any magic tricks or mind reading gimmicks. I learned how to really open myself and become authentic with everyone around me. Let me tell you, I've already noticed a huge difference! I'm open and friendly with everyone and I've seen women checking me out. This never used to happen! I'm meeting amazing and beautiful women. I've started on a road to great dating success in my life, all thanks David's ability to undress my ego and expose my true self, my naked self. This truly was a game changer for me. When everything else failed, David was there to show me the way.
on March 3, 2015
Hi, I love this book! He is telling people to be themselves and doesn't promote himself in the book like some others do. Very refreshing reading. He makes a person have hope and makes it simple. Be yourself/vulnerable/authentic and you will attract the right people. Naked means show your true self to others/don't hide who you really are or try to impress. No excuse/no try to change people. You need to act not just dream. No freak out/nervous/needy/no talk...just act your normal confident way. No talk to friends...talk to person you want to have a relationship with. Friend advise may not work since they don't know the people/situation or have good advise. Speak from the heart. You attract your mirror image. Be your best self, but true self. Would you be attracted to yourself? Project happy/sad? Fun? True self/Fake? No complain about the past...leave it in the past and learn or get stuck. Forgive. Be curious about the world/people. No assumptions. Love yourself first so can be happy. Tell the truth when not happy. No pretend/lie. Tell true feelings....like talk to an old friend. Clean up past...call/talk to them. What steps taken today to make life better/relationships better? So you really smile? Look in the mirror/video. People feel at home/safe/secure around you? No try to fix/rescue people. No compare yourself to others. Life is a journey. No limit self. Dreams? Wants? Needs? Dislikes/likes in relationships? What do you want in a relationship? Be willing to fail. Grocery store...ask a question..no pick up lines. Vulnerable/get to core/grow.

This book hit home..made me cry thinking about my life. Pretending...need to be yourself. Can't fake it always. No be blinded by need/lust.
on March 20, 2012
This book is short and sweet...and it's hard and fast. This is not a book that will take you by the hand and teach you how to crawl, walk and then run. This book will force you to hit the ground running...and that's what makes it great.

What do I mean by that? I mean that this book is a no-excuses and no-whining approach to self-improvement and really facing your own shortcomings and demons. It's about owning up to your life and choices, forgiving yourself and moving on. After reading this book I have finally and sincerely embarked on my journey to embracing life. I have begun to smile more often, talk more frequently to people, I am putting myself first in a positive manner, and my self-worth has been gradually increasing. This book has served as the greatest catalyst for ALL of my previous readings in the self-improvement field.

My only concern with this book is that it didn't take into account that some of the readers may have never dated (I have never dated, hence the concern), and as a result I had to alter some exercises to fit my own situation (nothing big, but felt like mentioning it).

This review may sound biased but this is HOW I FEEL about this book and what it's done for me and I hope it will do something great for future readers as well.

A little about my own experience in the self-improvement field:

I am avid reader of self-improvement and psychology articles/books and I've listened to many audio programs and watched some video programs. Books that I have read include classics such as:
* "Think and Grow Rich," by Napoleon Hill,
* "How to Win Friends & Influence People," by Dale Carnegie,
* I've listened to "30 Days to Unlimited Power," By Anthony Robbins and
* I have also watched "Deep Inner Game," By David Deangelo and Dr. Paul Dobransky.
I mention this to establish my experience in the field of self-studying psychology and behavioral sciences.
on September 27, 2014
David tells it well, by involving stories of his coaching clients.. into lessons.
He bases his guide on holistic beliefs, and gives factual ideas to follow in reality.

I found it an eye-opener, and a written coach.

There are practices you can do, and topics to really mix into your current life.
For me, it was a truth-book.

It told you in honesty. Naked.
on November 20, 2012
This book was everything I expected and more. David Wygant uncovers everything in this book from being successful in relationships to working and improving yourself in general. The exercises he provides go a long way into making you a more positive and confident human being.
on September 6, 2012
This book was a great read... I heard about it from GMA (Good Morning America) and decided to look it up. His first chapter catches your attention. The book allows you to look at yourself in a way that makes you take note of your sometimes horrible ways. I even told my friends to get the book so we can refine ourselves. Great for singles and couples.
on January 5, 2012
After following David's blog for the past 5 months and learning the methods to his madness, I bought this book as soon as it was available. I was not disappointed! David's insight on the opposite sex, dating, and life overall is very genuine, simplistic, and authentic! It's completely changed my perspective on dating and I look forward to applying David's techniques to all aspects in my everyday life. So if you're ready to say "enough is enough" and are ready for a positive change in your dating life, get NAKED and discover the truth. You won't be disappointed!
on October 27, 2014
So many good point and suggestions. Actually, second time reading it through. First time I did not really take in what the other was writing. This time I was open and applied what I read including the exercises. Very very helpful
on April 27, 2012
This book is absolutely the best! I am very into self-help and self-improvement and I have never in my life read a book that is so understandable, relevant, and that works!

I am used to reading books that contain very ambiguous advice ("feel the inner you"..."use the powers of the universe to transform" etc.). It got very frustrating! David's book gives the best and most applicable advice of anything I have ever read. Not only is his advice concise and relevant with specific examples in different situations, but he offers blueprints for the mindset you should have to engage people on a day to day basis.

The concept of this book is about opening up your life to opportunities to have a better chance to let in love. David elaborates that we must be our authentic selves,engage people IN THE MOMENT, and not be afraid to say what we genuinely desire. Having a successful dating life is about ABUNDANCE and seeing the world as your playground. This book allows you to go out and take charge and strip yourself of the crap you were taught to find a genuine, honest match.

Every time I would read this book and then go and interact with others, I would always get good reactions from guys, even one's I just met! This book just naturally puts me in the right frame of mind to have the right attitude to feel empowered and confident in any situation. I am so glad I found this!!