1,732 Reviews
 (1,401)

5.0 out of 5 stars The incredible, unbreakable, unmistakable umm... bottle
Published on May 16, 2010 by Robert M. Hanna Jr.

2.0 out of 5 stars Retains and Leaks Water Around the Lip - MADDENING!
Yes it's big and holds plenty of liquid, and I love that it's BPA free. But many of these types of containers are.

Most users of this will be frustrated by both the hanging lid and the tendency of the band around the mouth of the bottle which holds the lid to hold what, at times, seems like a quart of water which drips and pours down your chin.

Like...
Published 2 months ago by JMaine

5.0 out of 5 stars The incredible, unbreakable, unmistakable umm... bottle, May 16, 2010
You can't go wrong with this. When I was in college, my roommate and I decided to test the structural integrity of a Nalgene. We were, for reasons which I cannot fully reconstruct, irritated at the structural perfection of the thing. Didn't matter what one did to it, it would not break. We were tired of having our flaws and inadequacies sneered at by this inanimate plastic thing, so perfect at it's job, so faithful, so unpossessed of anything even approaching a flaw. Nothing, we reasoned, has any business being perfect. So, we chucked my full Nalgene out of a third-floor window. It landed on concrete with a terrific SMACK!, which startled the hell out of this annoying girl who just happened to be standing close by, and bounced about five feet in the air before coming to rest, entirely unscathed. People seemed shocked, but we were not even a bit surprised. This thing is so solid, it's really kind of incredible. Like Chase Utley, the Godfather, the Hope diamond, Abbey Road, the chicken nugget, I cannot imagine an improvement. It's just so... perfect. If you're not totally thrilled with one of these, I don't know what to tell you. It's just that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great nalgene bottle, December 6, 2008
This nalgene bottle is great. I wanted one that was BPA free. It's everything that the product description was. Durable, easy to clean, does not absorb odors. I use it every day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Meets my Expectations, September 29, 2009
I love my nalgene for these reasons:

-Easy to clean
-Holds a ton of ice
-Freezable / Microwaveable
-Recyclable
-Made in the USA
-Almost indestructible.

What else would I need in a water bottle? I guess if you wanted it to fit in a car cupholder, get one of the smaller models. I just throw it on the passenger seat and love that the bottle holds a liter of water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Large capacity, Very Sturdy, Adequate Construction - Doesn't insulate well, almost too big, October 7, 2012
Robert Becker (Cedar Rapids, IA) - See all my reviews
I bought this water bottle to carry with me on my daily routines and overall have been pleased with it although it does have some setbacks. Positives are it has the big 32 oz capacity and sturdy, unbreakable polycarbonate construction. Also it is BPA free which from recent health concerns is reassuring. Lastly the bottle is very easy to clean.

The only negative I would mention of the bottle is that unless you drink a LOT of water and/or don't mind your initially cold water going warm on you, with this large a capacity, the water goes warm nearly every time I fill it prior to consuming it all.

Overall I think the positives of this bottle outweigh the negatives, I only would have changed going with say a 20oz bottle rather than this 32oz.

5.0 out of 5 stars Weird, June 19, 2014
Mrs. Mac (Silver Spring, MD) - See all my reviews
Weirdly enough, this bottle actually makes me drink more water. I take it everywhere with me. About 2 hours before my kickboxing class, i pop this in the freezer and it freezes up nicely and is ready for me to take to class. If I'm running errands I take it with me, to stay hydrated. I think the best part of this, is not the fact that it glows in the dark (awesome so I don't have to be tumbling around for it at night) but the fact that it can freeze to a solid block of ice without splitting. Worth every cent!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best There Is, May 24, 2013
I purchased this Nalgene in 2009 and continue to use it today. Neither the bottle itself, nor the cap components, have caused any problems and it has become my trusty workout partner. I've accidentally dropped this bottle a number of times and it continues to hold strong.

One note of caution: when washing the bottle (which you will need to do often), the bottle itself can be put in the dishwasher but the cap components cannot. It's better to wash both by hand.

2.0 out of 5 stars Retains and Leaks Water Around the Lip - MADDENING!, September 26, 2014

Like many people, I wash this bottle out a lot before use, I use it for both water and green smoothies. But even when dried very well, the band wrapped around the mouth is so tight and wide, that water from washing it, or from a sloppy pour will be trapped, only to pour out on you when you're drinking. Not the biggest problem in the world, but it makes for a messy, poor design when you're dressed for work or anytime you're not in sweaty t-shirts. It's a major flaw in the design that could be easily fixed, which I hope they will. Until this, it will drive you crazy if you don't find getting soaked everytime you drink a lot of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars 16oz --- Great bottle! Smaller than expected., March 11, 2011
I purchased the 16oz to fit in my cup holder. It will fit any cup holder, due to how small it is. Not sure why I thought it would be bigger, but the pictures are deceptive.

Check out the pictures I posted comparing it to the 32oz bottle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great water bottle, June 20, 2014
I like this water bottle a lot. It is BPA free which is great and it is extremely durable. I use this for hiking and camping but it can be taken anywhere. It holds cold and warm beverages, which Is also a plus. The one downfall is the size. I like that it holds a quart of fluid but it is too big to fit into a standard cup holder. Overall great product!

1.0 out of 5 stars Glow In the Dark Bottle Doesn't Glow, December 16, 2014
Just to be clear, this review is ONL for the "glow in the dark" bottle that I just received. I have had lots of Nalgene bottles over the years and absolutely love them, so I got this one because I thought it would be awesome to have a glow in the dark version of this bottle. The glow in the dark quality of this bottle is almost non-existent.

I put this bottle in direct sunlight for over a half an hour and then took it into a completely dark room and it was barely visible. I have seen pics online of this "glow in the dark" bottle online glowing brilliantly, so I don't know why mine barely glows at all, but it definitely doesn't. Outside of the "glow in the dark" ability of this bottle, the bottle itself seems to be typical great quality Nalgene bottle... but I got this one specifically for the "glow in the dark" ability and it is completely disappointing. Just heads up to anyone considering getting the glow in the dark version. Don't bother.

Attached photo shows how disappointing the glow is. Again... this photo was taken after the bottle sitting in direct bright sunlight for a half an hour and then taken immediately to completely dark room in my house.

Nalgene 32oz Tritan Wide Mouth Bottle Red