Published on June 4, 2010 by Daniel W. Kelly

3.0 out of 5 stars Caveat Emptor (Let the Buyer Beware)
Well lets begin this review with the games it includes:

XBLA (games will play without xbox live service)

Galaga Legions, Pac-Man Championship Edition, Mr Driller Online, Pac-Man, Galaga, Xevious, New Ralley X,Dig Dug and Ms Pac-Man

Published on November 17, 2008 by N. W. Hartung

5.0 out of 5 stars To clarify--you do NOT need internet access to play the Championship Editions, June 4, 2010
This review is from: Namco Museum Virtual Arcade - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
This was the first game I popped into my 360 when I got my console, and much to my horror, every time I tried to access Galaga or Pac Man Championship Editions, I got booted back to the regular menu. I feared the worst--that I hadn't actually bought these games with my disc, but somehow, I had been scammed into getting access to them on Xbox Live by purchasing the disc. Even when I did some research online, many reviews made it sound like this was the case. But I...um...dig dug deeper and found this is NOT the case as some reviews have clarified here, but I'm going to clarify even further. I did NOT have any connection to the internet for my 360 when I finally accessed the games, so I know you don't need any kind of Live account to do it. The games, as others have said, are not accessible through the general menu on the game disc itself. You have to hit the round 'X' button in the center of your controller (while the game disc is in the console) and go to your xbox 360's main dashboard then maneuver through the menus to your list of games supposedly on your xobx 360 (this is RIDICULOUS). There you'll find the seemingly inaccessible games to choose from, but of course, those games aren't REALLY on your xbox 360, otherwise they'd still be there when you remove the disc from the console! Dumbest setup EVER.

3.0 out of 5 stars Caveat Emptor (Let the Buyer Beware), November 17, 2008
Well lets begin this review with the games it includes:

XBLA (games will play without xbox live service)

This disc is worth the price for just these games since they're the classics and remakes that are really good of the classics. Each game is worth a total of 200 acheivment points for a total of 1800 possible max points.

Museum Classics

Baraduke, Bosconian, Dig Dug II, Dig Dug Arrangement, Dragon Buster, Dragon Spirt, Galaga '88, Galaga Arrangement, Galaxian, Grobda, King & Ballon, Mappy, Metro-Cross, Motos, Pac & Pal, Pac-Man Arrangement, Pac-Mania, Pole Position, Pole Position II, Rally X, Rolling Thunder, Sky Kid, Sky Kid Deluxe, Super Pac-Man, and The Tower of Druaga.
With that you got some pretty good classics to choose from with a few title that could've bee left off but, hey why not. But, sadly theres support for leaderboards for these games or the usual acheivments for 1000 total for this game. (the game actually doesn't show up on your play list)

On the back of the box it doesn't state that these games will not have acheivments or that they do not support leaderboards. It's kinda miss leading cause it states on the back of the case that it supports leaderboards. Which is kinda true. It does for the XBLA games but, not the museum games. It should've stated that on the case.

I was looking to compare my best score of Galaga 88 and Pac-Mania highscores. Plus Dragon Spirt would have been fun to play online. I'm guessing with Microsofts rules for acheivements theres some odd reason why namco couldn't give you the normal achivements for the museum classic games collection. Since it's only available on disc and is new while the XBLA games are something in reality that is seperate.

Other than feeling kinda ripped on the classic museum it's still worth getting if you're missing key favorites of your past arcade games. Or wonder what the fuss is with aracade games that just won't die almost 30 years later.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reason to buy an Xbox 360 Arcade System[Pac-Man Fever 2010 30th Anniversary]!, May 26, 2010
[THE BEST NAMCO MUSEUM BY FAR][FOR RETROGAMERS ONLY]
If you love Retrogaming and you love the classic Pac-Man games,dig dug, and Galaga, and so many others that were great back in the day,then you will love this collection. You cannot beat 1 game disc with over 30+ games packed inside, plus new virtual upgrades of Pac-Man Championship Edition and Galaga and Dig Dug arrangements, plus many other Pac-Man titles that today are considered "RARE" and almost impossible to find online and in Vintage stores. Even the non Pac-Man Gamer would love this new Virtual Namco Museum game collection. This came out in such perfect timing too, since we are currently celebrating Pac-Man's 30th Anniversary!
Youtube has gone Pac-Man Fever 2010 Invasion crazy thanks to Youtuber[Techromancer1], and with the Google Pac-Man game that was recently released this past weekend, well this game is a blast for Retrogamers world wide!
A great game for all ages, and definately a must have collectable.
Thanks for reading my review.
-[Chuck][EquilibriumGaming]

4.0 out of 5 stars Black screen issues, September 7, 2012
This review is from: Namco Museum Virtual Arcade - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Apparently lots of people had this issue but I didn't see anyone mention this on the amazon reviews. I'd insert the DVD, press 'A' on it to play it, select one of the arcade games (any) and the game would act like it was going to load but it'd just sit there with black screen and nothing ever came up. Tried this on several different game selections. I had to force xbox to shut down each time. One find on the internet said you had to press 'Y' on the xbox home menu instead to install the games locally, instead of pressing A, but that simply opens the DVD rom door....

What I did: At the xbox home page i finally browsed to the games via the My Games menu and from there was able to launch games just fine, and every time. I then went back into the actual game menu (pressing A and loading game like normal from xbox home screen) and was finally able to load each game from th game's built-in menu just fine and with the little pac-man loading icon at bottom of screen.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love dig dug, April 28, 2012
This review is from: Namco Museum Virtual Arcade - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
my reason for getting this game was so i would have dig dug for my xbox 360. i love dig dug and now that i have started to play the other games i enjoy them to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great old-school value!, January 22, 2009
This review is from: Namco Museum Virtual Arcade - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade, while not ground breaking, is a great value for the money. It has over thirty games on the disc, including nine full XBLA titles complete with achievements. It is a bit Pac-Man heavy, but titles like Rolling Thunder, Baraduke, Bosconian and Sky Kid more than round out the collection. At $30, this is a must-buy for the arcade rats among us.

3.0 out of 5 stars Vintage arcade, January 16, 2013
This review is from: Namco Museum Virtual Arcade - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Disappointed that several of the games would not load. The ones that did are a blast from the past! My hubby and our boys loved playing Pac-man and Galaga.

4.0 out of 5 stars Retro fun (but retro screen too)., November 10, 2012
Dizney Man "Raised on TV" (Chicagoland, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Namco Museum Virtual Arcade - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Love the simplicity of these old arcade games. They're fun, fast & easy to navigate. Just be aware that the playing field screen is small. About 30% of the TV screen. Otherwise, I really enjoyed this!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have For Any Of The Classic Gamers Out There, December 8, 2010
This review is from: Namco Museum Virtual Arcade - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I actually had bought a similar Namco game disc for the PS2 but had trouble finding it and after seeing this release for the XBOX 360 as well as the price I thought why not, and after playing all these iconic classic games as well as the updated versions to them it was a great choice indeed. Like some reviewers have said as well is that the game similar to other arcade classic releases such as Data East, and Midway Museum game trilogy set is that this game collection is more for those who played the bygone 80's to early mid 90's arcade back in the days so while they have upgraded some of the games video graphics if you're expecting something along the way like Modern Warfare or Splinter Cell that you should pass this over. The multitudes of games on this collection is amazing as well as enjoyable from the iconic Pac-Man to the Space fighter trying to destroy the influx of alien bugs, so for all of us who played these beloved classics of bygone days here's a great product to buy for your home gaming library and remember the days of when you were at the arcade playing the game of a round moving yellow ball trying to gobble up power pellets in order to eat four annoying ghosts and the different fruits that would appear on the game levels....

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, July 5, 2009
This review is from: Namco Museum Virtual Arcade - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I got this off of a Gold Box deal for $10. Well, that alone is the price for Pac Man Championship or Galaga Legions. The value is fantastic, and Pac Man CE and Galaga Legions are both very good remakes of classics.

The other XBLA games are OK but nothing fantastic. The additional classic games are a fun blast from the past.

Namco Museum Virtual Arcade - Xbox 360