Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 8, 2009 6:25:20 PM PDT
Eric L. Hunt says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jul 13, 2009 9:53:09 AM PDT
K. Wendt says:
It might just be a working title.

Posted on Jul 24, 2009 3:27:48 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2009 10:07:11 PM PDT
K. Wendt says:
I said it might, not that it was! I don't know what Nintendo's planning!

Posted on Aug 24, 2009 1:49:12 PM PDT
Max Bartley says:
I've seen GameFAN in a few forums so far, and I don't think I've read anything that he's said that actually added anything to the conversation. He's like that kid in middleschool that got kicked out of class ever single day, and he thought it made him look cool. It doesn't. Start making comments that are worth reading or go to the hall.

Posted on Dec 6, 2009 2:43:16 PM PST
Kel says:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2009 9:33:44 PM PST
J. A. Yager says:
So you think they just randomly came up with "The Other M" and that it has nothing to do with the game itself? I would hope the name has something to do with the game, which we haven't played yet.

Posted on Dec 20, 2009 3:42:55 PM PST
Polantaris says:
You people need to start thinking on your own. M could easily stand for Metroid. Other Metroid, as in it takes place after Fusion, but has to deal with a Metroid no one knew about. And that took me about 6 seconds to think up.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2009 10:58:54 AM PST
J. A. Yager says:
Thanks for the advice, from here on out I will start thinking on my own! Much appreciated!

Posted on Dec 21, 2009 12:20:32 PM PST
-M:OM means Mother Brain?
-Other M can mean the "other Metroid" as in the end of Metroid (NES)
-Or as Polantaris said, it could stand for other Metroids, as in after Fusion or Super Metroid, when all Metroids are supposed to be dead.

Lets start thinking before we post things like this shall we?

Posted on Dec 21, 2009 5:39:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2009 6:15:13 PM PST
The M in the title could mean many things. Two posibilities already listed in this thread are mother and metroid. Memory is the one I assumed, since the trailer showed what looked to be Samus Aran's childhood.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2009 10:45:41 AM PST
J. A. Yager says:
The other M could mean the Other Monkey--or the other McDonald's. Maybe at the beginning of the game you go to one McDonald's, and then at the end you go to the other M?

Posted on Jan 20, 2010 10:48:41 AM PST
J1M_288 says:

Posted on Apr 5, 2010 11:02:44 AM PDT
Anon says:
Mother Brain, guys. Other M ... M Other ... MOTHER...get it?

Plus, in the trailer, Samus says, "Mother...time to go!"

I'm 90% certain it's referring to Mother Brain.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2010 5:59:10 AM PDT
Nightmare says:
Who cares what it's called? It looks awesome! But it does make sense to me that it would be referrint to Mother Brain.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2010 2:37:33 PM PDT
OZ says:
You're right. I could care less of "Other M" stood for "Other Monkey", this game looks bad ass!!! Im glad Nintendo did something smart for once and hire a very good development team like Team Ninja to work on the Metroid franchise. From the looks of the trailer it looks like Metroid is going back to its side scrolling roots only now with a fresh 3-D twist. I already pre-ordered and cant wait!!!! Good thing Mario Galaxy 2 will help kill some time until then

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2010 1:48:24 PM PDT
You have no idea what the game is about, so how do you know why its named this or how much sense it makes with the game? Maybe it stands for other Metroid? Or other Mother Brain? You never know until you have actually played it, so give it a chance!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2010 1:49:42 PM PDT
They didn't "hire" anyone. It's called a collaborative effort between two development teams including the original creator of Metroid.

Posted on Aug 12, 2010 8:48:27 AM PDT
watch trailer 2

Posted on Aug 14, 2010 8:24:07 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 14, 2010 8:24:54 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2010 2:47:13 AM PDT
Ken Masters says:
the main development team for other m is Nintendo's R&D1 which is the original makers of the metroid series (metroid, metroid 2, super metroid, metroid zero mission, metroid fusion). team ninja is HELPING r&d1 since they've never really immersed themselves in 3d.

Posted on Aug 19, 2010 7:14:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 19, 2010 7:16:15 AM PDT
I think the title is a clue if you understand the Metroid story:

1) The leader of the pirates is the MOther brain
2) Samus was the baby metroids M:OM
3) The "Other M" will either be another colony or type of Metroids, a cloned Mother Brain, or another being that acts as the Metroids' mother(like Samus). I'm even wondering if it'll be a Mother Brain that'll be the acting Mother of the Metroids. Alternately, Samus could end up being the mother of a colony/army of Metroids.

I can't friggin' wait to play this game!

Metroid MOther = Samus
MOther Metroid = ??????
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Metroid: Other M forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Jul 8, 2009
Latest post:  Aug 19, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Metroid: Other M
Metroid: Other M by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
3.8 out of 5 stars (448)