4.0 out of 5 stars Love Nan Goldin
Latest of many books I've got of Nan Goldin's work. Not a very physically large book, but the quality of the photos is good. People who follow Goldin's output will have seen many of these before. The book is very well worth the $10.00 or so that I paid for it. I like bigger photo books and if this one was a third bigger at twice the price I'd give it 5 stars.
Published 20 months ago by Chuck

2.0 out of 5 stars Tiny In Size and Content
I had high hopes for this, but I was disappointed when I received it in the mail. The item is a little larger than my hand, very thin, and half of the pages are text. For a photo book it's very disappointing. Would be good if you want to read and look at the photographs while on the go, but other than that, not really a coffee table book.
Published 13 months ago by Christopher Ohn

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Nan Goldin, October 21, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Tiny In Size and Content, June 1, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Nan, February 6, 2014
This review is from: Nan Goldin (55s) (Hardcover)
I think the best photo was the cover
the rest of the book can be overlooked
Its very small for a photo book, very.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a learning experience, January 9, 2014
A. Voice "A Friend" (CA, USA, in the central valley) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nan Goldin (55s) (Hardcover)
When I ordered this book I thought I would be getting all kinds of tips on how to effectively capture nudes on camera. It's really nothing more than a "rememberance" type of book. Another term I've heard used to describe it is exploitation. Another "Don't bother book."

4.0 out of 5 stars Pocket size, November 5, 2013
This review is from: Nan Goldin (55s) (Hardcover)
I didn't realize this was a pocket-sized book, but the price makes more sense knowing that. I am still happy with it, the work is amazing and the print quality is good.

3.0 out of 5 stars It is a small book that I did not care for., October 12, 2013
This review is from: Nan Goldin (55s) (Hardcover)
One problem with ordering any art/photography book is all you usually ever get to see is the cover. That was the case here. I simply did not care for the contents after I received it. I gave 3 star because Amazon made a refund easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nan Goldin is great, March 6, 2013
This review is from: Nan Goldin (55s) (Hardcover)
Great book, great set of photographs. I don't care much for the lousy pretentious writing that accompanies each photo, the book would be better off without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nan Goldin (Phaidon), November 24, 2010
This review is from: Nan Goldin (55s) (Hardcover)
Phaidon has just re-released one of their most popular photo-art books, "Nan Golden" (by Guido Costa) available for the first time in a small-format, hardcover edition. Golden, who has been celebrated for years with exhibits in both North America and Europe, is presented here with an overview of her personal, deliberate, sometimes erotic and often dark photographs capturing the most intimate moments of her extended global family (including a variety of self-portraits of her own travels and sometimes dark relationships.) Beyond the uber-realistic portraits, `Nan Golden' highlights the artist's foray into landscapes (`Volcano at Dawn') and religious objects (`Fatima Candles') to complement the humanistic art. Featuring photographs from the 80's and 90's, the book chronicles her work from both her time spent in New York and Europe (Germany, Switzerland, Italy and Paris are featured throughout.). While some may prefer the larger, paperback version of this work, this smaller, hardbound edition is quietly, but equally inspired.

5.0 out of 5 stars love nan's work, June 11, 2013
This review is from: Nan Goldin (55s) (Hardcover)
this book is the smalller version and less expensive , but still loaded with Nan's great photography. No more words

1.0 out of 5 stars Nan Goldin, May 7, 2013
This review is from: Nan Goldin (55s) (Hardcover)
The best picture was the cover. The rest did not allow the photographer to capture the average person. It appeared to be too rushed

Nan Goldin (55s)
Nan Goldin (55s) by Guido Costa (Hardcover - October 20, 2010)
$14.95 $9.97