4.0 out of 5 stars Almost five Stars...
April 2006 review:

Secrets Can Kill & Stay Tuned for Danger are the two oldest ND games and, while both are still enjoyable enough to play, are not up to the caliber of the subsequent Nancy Drew PC games. I'd rate these two games at 4 stars.

Published on April 1, 2006 by deb

3.0 out of 5 stars eh
don't get me wrong i love these games but they all say they are xp compatable and 2 out of 4 are not. even though they say it right on the disc.....
Published on October 10, 2005 by K. Koetsch

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost five Stars..., April 1, 2006
This review is from: Nancy Drew Mega Mystery 4 Pack: Secrets Can Kill, Stay Tuned for Danger, Treasure in the Royal Tower, and The Final Scene (CD-ROM)
April 2006 review:

Treasure in the Royal Tower: Interesting! Great graphics & sound effects, good interaction w/characters, etc. Setting is a refurbished old castle w/plenty of hidden rooms & passageways. You get to go outside and walk in snow, repair things, hunt for items and clues, etc. I'd rate this at 5 stars.

The Final Scene: good graphics & sound effects. It takes place in an old theater about to be demolished. You play Nancy and have to find clues, fix things, and search throughout the theater, including secret passageways. I'd rate this one at 4.5 stars.

A good bargain for plenty hours of fun and creative learning, as many of the clues and tasks are factual and realistic! Also, you will discover true facts about real people incorporated very creatively into the stories.

My favorite Nancy Drew PC games are: Danger on Deception Island, The Secret of Shadow Ranch, Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon and Ghost Dogs on Moon Lake. However, I like all 13 of the games. Number 14 is due to come out soon!

3.0 out of 5 stars eh, October 10, 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Auto-Install Function Works for 2 out of 4, November 12, 2005
Just like the others on here, I had problems with the Auto-Install function on 2 out of the 4 games. Luckily, I was able to install the other 2 through my control panel-add programs. They worked just perfect after adding them the long way. I love Nancy Drew and this set is a great price for your money, just be aware for XP you may have to do some work to initially add them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun to run but a pain to install, January 9, 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
12-year-old loves these games but they were hard to install on XP. First, you have to run it from the disk by double-clicking on the setup.exe. Secondly, we finally found this hint buried in manufacturer's FAQs: when it asks you if it should install DirectX (I think that was the file)--just say NO. XP has a newer version of DirectX and you should keep that version.

5.0 out of 5 stars SOOOOOOOO AWESOME, January 21, 2006
I will be the first to admit that when I bought my first Nancy Drew game I did it out of boredom. It was the "Double Dare" pack. But let me tell you, ever since then, and after my aquisition of this pack, I'm a die hard Nancy Drew fanatic, and I don't care how corny other people think the games are, or how immature my younger sister thinks I am for playing them, Nancy Drew rocks!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars It was REALLY good...But, October 20, 2005
A Kid's Review
When I played them, the first one I wanted to play was "Secrets can kill" because I was told that was the easiest one. When I tryed to install it it said it would not install. So I took a look at the manual CD. and it said that I had to install "Tresure in the tower" so I installed that but STILL it woul not let me install "Stay Tuned for Danger" or "Secets Can Kill". Next I tryed to install "The Final Scene" (because that was one other that I HAD to install first. But it still, even to this day won't let me install the two that won't work. So,now, I've lost the two that don't work.:(

Beware. it says it will take windows XP but I don't think it does. Sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars All Nancy Drew Games are Excellent, June 10, 2005
Carol M (St James, NY) - See all my reviews
All the Nancy Drew PC games are excellent. They all work on XP. The puzzles are challenging, and the games can be considered somewhat educational. They're not just for young girls, as an adult I enjoy these games very much. 4 games at this price are a steal!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's okay.........., December 14, 2005
Well, I have to say, I really like the final scene and Treasure in the royal tower ALOT! (they are my favorites) and I enjoyed Secrets can Kill, and Stay tuned for danger, but, the graphics weren't nearly as good in Secrets can Kill and Stay tuned for danger. But it's a great deal for all 4 games. I wish that Message in a Haunted Mansion was included in the set, though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its good, and just to clear this up...., December 31, 2005
A Kid's Review
if you install the program and right click the program from the start menu, you can make it compatable to whatever sort of computer it needs to work with, or if it need 256 colors. Its good!

2.0 out of 5 stars Nancy Drew Should Solve the Mystery of Software Glitches, February 10, 2007
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Might have been a better experience if the game had allowed me to save, didn't freeze up or the video display worked consistently. The puzzles were not outrageously difficuly. It's hard to be objective about the story line and puzzle content when I experienced so many software glitches playing the game.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›