5.0 out of 5 stars Mmmmm Nando's
Published on July 7, 2007 by Sissy S

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff But! Overpriced
I bought this product and received what I was looking for. However, I soon found the product on sale for 2.99 per bottle at Fairway in New York City. The only reason to buy this on Amazon at this price is if you can't find it somewhere else cheaper. Caveat Emptor.
Published 18 months ago by Peter C.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mmmmm Nando's, July 7, 2007
Sissy S (London, UK and New York, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nando's Hot Peri-Peri Sauce (2 x 125ml Pack) (Misc.)
Living in the UK, my husband and I enjoyed Nando's frequently. However, in The States, there are apparently no Nando's! I am trying to understand how this could be when there are a million other mediocre restaurants here. KFC's nasty and fatty tasting chicken and sides could be well replaced with Nando's flame grilled peri-peri chicken dishes and their sides are better too... corn on the cob, chips(fries) with peri-peri spice which also taste great dipped in the Nando's peri-peri sauce, garlic bread, and my favourite spicy rice!

Seriously, if you haven't tried Nando's sauce you need to because it's the best marinade I've ever tasted. If you live in The States it will be unlike anything you've ever had before and you'll love it. My only suggestion is that unless you like VERY spicy and hot foods, try the Medium Peri-Peri sauce first. The medium is actually plenty hot enough for me. However, I understand that the more hot chillis one can consume the better for their metabolism and health. So, Nando's is not only a tasty choice, it is also a healthy one.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS TRULY A GOURMET HOT SAUCE!, July 23, 2008
Elaine Campbell "Desert Dweller" (Rancho Mirage, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nando's Hot Peri-Peri Sauce (2 x 125ml Pack) (Misc.)
Peri-Peri means "pepper pepper" in Swahili, and the pepper referred to is the African Bird's Eye Pepper which was carried back by Portuguese traders in the 14th century to Angola and Mozambique, and has finally ended up on worldwide tables, lucky for us!

The hot sauce is indeed hot. In that aspect I would compare it to our own Tobasco Sauce. It is not intolerably hot. I find it to my taste. It is particularly a delicious additive to shrimp and chicken.

Alas to say, I do not have the courage to sample "Hot Hot Peri-Peri Sauce."

It is sun-ripend, and the exotic mix of herbs and spices is what makes it pass with flying colors. Really a treat.

Be sure to keep it refrigerated after opening. One warning: check the shipping fees. They are steep. But since the seller's website has a $20.00 minimum on orders, unless you want to buy more than one item, Amazon seems the best way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nandos everyday in the USA!!!, October 6, 2004
This review is from: Nando's Hot Peri-Peri Sauce (2 x 125ml Pack) (Misc.)
Everytime I visit Slough (UK) from the US I eat at Nando's. In fact, I eat there nearly everyday. Why? Well...the only other viable food choices in Slough are: spread meat sandwiches (with butter, sweet corn, free-range eggs, rocket, and mature cheese) at Amys (yuck!)..."unnamed" department store (made me sick)...or McDonalds/Burger King/Pizza Hut/Subway (I can get those down the street). But most importantly, it's the Peri Peri Sauce!

Though created for Nando's chicken, Peri Peri sauce is especially tastey as a dipping sauce for french fries. Thanks to Amazon.com, I can enjoy Peri Peri sauce everyday right here in the United States.

Warning: the "hot" is plenty hot enough. The extra hot is ridiculously hot!

5.0 out of 5 stars NANDO'S, March 22, 2010
This review is from: Nando's Hot Peri-Peri Sauce (2 x 125ml Pack) (Misc.)
Nando's is a very tasty and different sauce from the norm. little bottle went quick though. too quick to see all uses. Rhino sauce with peri-peri may be a tad more useful but we'll be trying the hotter version of this one next to see if it'll stretch out the taste farther. if it only uses serranos (African?) for the increased heat it will NOT work with us.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff But! Overpriced, May 6, 2013
Peter C. (Westchester, NY) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hot sauce, April 4, 2011
This review is from: Nando's Hot Peri-Peri Sauce (2 x 125ml Pack) (Misc.)
There aren't any Nando's restaurants in my area (yet!) but I've long enjoyed their Hot Peri-Peri sauce. It's one of the best of the many (well over 100) I've tried. And while it's genuinely hot, it isn't overwhelmingly, inedibly so, as are some that vie for world's hottest honors. But it's not just the right level of hotness that makes this so good. It has a successful and unique recipe, which is rare, in my experience. I more often prefer the simpler sauces that are little or nothing more than chili, vinegar and salt. I've been to many other Portugese barbeque restaurants, and this would be ideal for the grilled chicken that is their specialty, so I'm definitely looking forward to my first visit to Nando's.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't understand the hype, try African Rhino!, October 10, 2014
R-Digi (Northern VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nando's Hot Peri-Peri Sauce (2 x 125ml Pack) (Misc.)
Really not all that great. Yes, it's better than Frank's or any of the other run of the mill sauces but it's really tart and salty. This price seems high, I got one of these at my local grocer the other day for $3 a bottle.

If you want a truly great Peri Peri sauce that I think is, by far, the best hot sauce I've ever had, try African Rhino Peri Peri, it's absolutely incredible. After eating it religiously this does not really hold a flame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious hot sauce, May 6, 2014
This review is from: Nando's Hot Peri-Peri Sauce (2 x 125ml Pack) (Misc.)
Absolutely best hot sauce I've ever purchased. Right amount of heat and flavor, works well on everything from eggs to chicken/steak and everything else in between. Very happy with the purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Packaging, March 27, 2014
This review is from: Nando's Hot Peri-Peri Sauce (2 x 125ml Pack) (Misc.)
I received the goods very quickly. When I opened the box two of the bottles were broken. The items were not packed-tight, spaces in the boxes causing movement. I therefore paid for two bottles which I cannot use. I have tried the sauce and it is I expected.

4.0 out of 5 stars hot n different, December 15, 2013
This review is from: Nando's Hot Peri-Peri Sauce (2 x 125ml Pack) (Misc.)
My son went to South Africa, last year where he was introduced to this. We love it. It is different. Hot with a hint of citrus