5.0 out of 5 stars More of what you would expect from the franchise.
If you know this franchise then you know what you are getting. It is more of the same stuff.

Published 15 months ago by Kevin Meade

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this game!
I bought Empire Total War from SEGA and for over two months I have not been able to use it because of the fact that it has to be activated by an online organization called Steam. Most of you are probably familiar with Steam. You can only activate the game you bought through Steam. But what if Steam is not working as it should?

That is what my situation is...
Published 3 months ago by Johann

5.0 out of 5 stars More of what you would expect from the franchise., April 15, 2013
This review is from: Napoleon: Total War Collection [Download] (Software Download)

This is one of those titles that will go on sale for the Holidays if you are willing to wait for it. Requires Steam activation but I am actually getting to like Steam. Games eventually become inexpensive so there is little limit to the number I can own and play as long as I am patient. And I can play anywhere as long as I can log into Steam. I did in fact download many games to a friends computer while on an extended vacation visiting my daughter. Downloaded what I wanted while I slept. Not a single issue.

One interesting note, the tutorial is very well done.

Hail Flavius!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Game, June 21, 2013
This is a distinct improvement on Empire Total War. Really it's Empire with the bugs worked out, which is a shame. It's not really limited in scope, because one can battle all across the European theater as Napoleon and, in the Wars of the Coalition campaign, as the other major European powers. But it somehow seems limited compared to Empire's grand vision of fighting in the Americas and India. It would have been nice to be able to invade India - or Washington - as Napoleon. But this isn't too bad and I still like it. It does come with all the DLC, which makes things much easier, and considering that it's not a bad value. It does require Steam, as all the Total War games do now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, Great Price, July 13, 2014
For the price on amazon vs other places I definitely recommend! Great game for all strategists!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the best Total war game but, October 26, 2013
The graphics are very impressive, better than Shogun 2 in some places. Its a bit smaller than empire total war, but is still a solid TW game.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real emperor's gem!, July 4, 2013
Mario A. Laborem G. (Buenos Aires, Argentina) - See all my reviews
One of the most ambitious games in the series. Just like the little french's emperor. It's a GREAT strategic game.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this game!, March 31, 2014

That is what my situation is now. Steam will not accept my activation login and password due to system error. There is no phone number to call in order to fix this. The only ting that you can do is contact them by e-mail and it takes them about a week for them to get back to you. In my situation they have sent me responses telling me that the problem is fixed when it really isn't. So I e-mail them back and I wait another week to get the same result.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price, September 2, 2013
Tiber (Portland, Oregon United States) - See all my reviews
I am an avid wargamer and having seen the "ify" reviews of Empire I was very concerned, having tried to avoid steam for so long. Well this is my first try, and I have to say, at times it can be irritating but for the most part it works (I have Comcast WIFI and an i3 core processor). The game itself is much fun with the sounds, music and battle feel (the screen shaking when you take artillery). I have to say, when the computer puts that colored line (blue-red) showing the balance of forces, and it looks like you cannot win, you can, because in any AI the computer cannot follow certain tactics. Example, in the naval battles, the french showed up out gunning some of my frigates, however, since they attacked, all I had to do was survive the hour, so first two broadsides were chain shot, which slowed them WAY down, and then I just out ran them for the rest of the battle. On land battles, kill the opposing General first, then go after everything else. I find the AI leaves artillery alone on the battle fields which is when my Cavalry does an end run and overrun. So enjoy, worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Collection, July 6, 2013
Napoleon Total War is a great follow-up to Empire Total War, that further refines the AI and gameplay.

Although you cannot play as the USA in this one, the included Peninsular Campaign of Spain is a hoot and highly recommended and the best part of the collection.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't go for the downloand..., June 26, 2013
Hendrick Goller "Joopster" (Aliquippa, PA United States) - See all my reviews
Unfortunately, I never got to play the game as the download service, Steam, does not work as it times out on an update. I would caution everyone against purchasing downloads that require 3rd party software to download.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible download, March 15, 2014
i had downloaded this game and it is by far the worst graphics ever and its the download not the game.

Rate and Discover Movies