Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Naruto Uncut Box Set: Season 1, Vol. 1
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: DVD|Change

on March 22, 2010
I've been a Naruto fan for a long time, and I've always wanted to support it and buy the official dvds. The thing is, I'm not rich. To pay $25-30 for about 4-6 episodes on a disc for a series that has 200+ episodes, why, I would go bankrupt. Then Viz decided to release these wonderful box sets. 25 episodes for about $30, that's something that I could work with. So I bought it and I was not disappointed.

The Season One, Vol. 1 box set contains the first 25 episodes of the series(both in English and Japanese with subtitles). It contains three story arcs:

The first story arc is the introduction of Naruto and the other main characters like Sasuke, Kakashi and Sakura.

The second arc is the "Land of Waves" arc with Zabuza and Haku, which in my opinion is an excellent start to the series.

And the third arc is of the first part of the Chunin Exams: The Written Exam.

The special features aren't anything special. Various previews for other stuff, Production art, and a Sketchboard to Episode feature for a couple of the episodes. The "Sneak Peek" at Naruto: Shippuden is just the opening to the series.

All in all, if you're looking to buy official Naruto dvds for cheap, this is the best option. I highly recommend it if you're a fan and you don't already have the dvds.
99 comments| 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2009
I've always been a fan of Naruto. I like the drawing style and character design very much. It's unique and has a style all its own. Very much like Dragonball Z. However, I've actually never seen a single episode. I rarely get to watch TV anymore and whenever I pass the DVD aisle at my local video store, I always see Naruto individual DVDs and box sets on sale. I always have the insatiable urge that entices me to want to spend and splurge money on Naruto DVDs, but I never do. The individual EDITED discs are at twenty dollars a pop for a few episodes and the UNCUT box sets that only contain a few episodes can range up to sixty bucks. It just never seemed worth it to be at that price. I just felt like Viz Video was milking this money making machine to death with the double, or triple dipping as I like to call it. I knew with time that the complete box sets would be just around the corner. Good things do come to those who wait.

Low and behold, the Naruto season one volume one comes out and at such a great price (For under thirty bucks) and I am a full blown Naruto fan for life now. When I popped in disc one I thought I would dislike the show because it starts off with Naruto being very immature, running around, acting up, and laughing like a fool, and the voice actor wasn't doing much for me. I have a strange feeling he is voiced by a woman for some reason. But about fifteen minutes into the show for episode one, things started to unravel and the story finally kicked in. The pace of the show changes dramatically from light heart students at a ninja academy who joke around to a serious story developing and waiting in the wings.

This is a must have for any fan of art, comics, cartoons, and anime. You don't have to be a fan of anime to enjoy this show, but I know you will love it. The box set comes in this plastic case with six discs inside and I am so happy it's not a cardboard paper case with thin plastic sleeves - Hundred and hundreds of minutes of sheer anime entertainment. I much prefer this over the old packaging. Interesting story line and overall it's a lush intricate story about a boy who is experiencing social displacement and finding his own place in the world of life.
88 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2010
These box sets are wonderful for the person that just wants to buy the episodes for cheap. This set includes the English dub version and the original Japanese version (with subtitles). As indicated, this is the uncut version, so there will be mild swearing and more blood than originally broadcasted on television. And again, the special features aren't really special.

This set has 27 episodes in it (Episodes 26-52). The first episode is actually a recap episode, so really you're only getting 26 new episodes. This volume covers 2 story arcs:

The first arc centers around the Second part of the Chunin Exam, in the Forest of Death.

The second arc is the Preliminary Rounds where Naruto and the other ninja face off against each other in One-on-One matches.

And the last episode in this volume includes the first appearance of Jiraiya.

A lot of good juicy stuff going on in this volume. We get some major character and plot development. It's not a volume to be missed. If you just want the episodes for cheap, then this is a good buy for you.
33 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2009
This case is a standard double-wide DVD case. The art is just slipped behind the clear plastic sleeve. No need to worry about scuffing up a sleeve or cardboard fold out packaging. This does not include any booklets, pamphlets, or other paperwork. The only thing inside is the six DVDs. Each one is a different color with a different character on it. This case is a standard six-disc DVD case, each disc is on it's own 'page' that you can flip, similar to the case seen here [...]

Picture and sound quality are nice and clean. This dvd has a 4:3 picture, and you can choose either English or Japanese audio (with subtitles.

I would have given 5 stars if it included more fanboy items, like an artbook or something, but I honestly can't complain.
on March 27, 2014
First, for those who don't know much about the show, Naruto obviously follows the story of a young ninja-in-traning named Naruto. But, the show is much more than that and follows closely the lives around him as well, all fellow ninja and ninja in training, in a time/world where ninja are the primary military power for the neighboring villages.

The show starts off a little quirky, and of course has its usual anime quirks, but has some of the greatest character and plot development I've ever seen. The tip-toe the line as the themes and issues dealt with are often very adult, but also encapsulates it and presents it in a manner that makes it ok for most ages. At times the show can be filled too heavily with filler, simliar to Dragonball Z, but I would also say most of the time keeps a pretty decent pace aside from a few tangent storylines. Overall though, I'm friggin addicted to this show, and once you get halfway through the first season it really begins to build up immensely. Vol 2 is amazing, but still Vol 1 I think is necessary to build up to it and begin the journey.

The price is pretty excellent; I'd love for there to be a better 'normal' way to watch these dubbed, but hulu only has subbed, so the DVDs are the best method (there are of course websites, but many have bad quality). You get a heck of a lot of episodes for the price, although you'll find you end up addicted so when all is said and done be prepaired to dish out some dough!

The biggest letdown is the packaging. Its nothing special, and that I'm A-OK with. However, two of the boxsets were in bad shape, one of which I had to return. And yes some of that is shipping, but it's also just really really really cheap boxes. The discs even seem more like a cheap DVD printer than a high-quality production. I mean the content's perfect quality so no worries there, but Viz obviously got a super-cheap company to produce these DVDs. But Amazon's great with returns so if you do get a busted one like I did, just make sure to exchange it. They work perfectly fine for normal usage, they just aren't super quality for shipping or constant usage.
on July 27, 2013
Naruto season 1 is the first season of many. When i first started
watching them i had no clue why or what i was watching but as the
story progressed i really began to understand the characters and
I slowly grew up with them and fell in love with their
personalities.
Naruto was the first anime that i started and now I can't
stop watching. If you love anime, and if you love a main character
that never shuts up and is so annoying that you begin to feel for him,
then this is the anime show for you.
If you start watching them online, be warned you'll want to start
buying them and there are a lot of them. There are eight seasons when
Naruto is 13, then Naruto Shippuden which jumps three years ahead. I
recommend all of them to you because they're all good!
on September 12, 2015
I remember watching Naruto on Toonami back in 2006. When I seen this I just had to buy it. It's a great box set that contains the first 25 episodes of Naruto. It's bilingual so it has both English and Japanese (English Subtitles) audio which is great. It also has both the original and uncut versions of episodes 1-25. The uncut is just slightly more blood and stronger language, other than that both versions are the same. The price is very inexpensive which is also a plus. I would highly recommend this to any anime fan because it's one of the most popular series in anime.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on January 28, 2015
This anime has the richest character design. Each character has their own story and emotions. I have never seen a more well done cast in ANYTHING!!! This anime has awesome action scenes, Badass Villains, #1 cast PERIOD, Badass music, solid layers upon layers of story and depth of emotion and feeling, and a perfect Japanese voice cast. This is easily my second favorite anime..... Ok so why did I give it only 3 stars? by the end of the series you will have seen a flashback of Naruto eating Ramen with his teacher at least 10 times. Sometimes you will see it 2 episodes in a row. Sometimes you will be in the middle of an epic battle and its so baddass and intense, but it jumps into a 5 minute flashback of him eating Ramen again. Theres flashbacks ALL OVER in almost every single fight. I had to fast forward through episodes several times to do this. AND THATS NOT ALL!!! seasons 1-4 are legit, but half of season five is filler. The first 5-8 episodes of season 6 is actually part of the story and the rest is filler. Then its all filler all through the rest of season 6 till the last ten minutes of the last episode of season 9. If you want a 5 star product then buy the Manga. That aside I still Love this show and STILL keep watching it.
on January 22, 2016
The DVD was what my son wanted and it arrived on time. However the plastic things that should hold the DVD's in place to they do not scratch was broken off on one of the DVD's so it just moves around in the case. Luckily not scratched it was a Christmas gift and he collects the series so he was disappointed. But likes the movies.
on November 20, 2015
I have been a fan of Naruto since roughly 2009 (think its been longer but I will go with that) I have watched all the Naruto original years ago when they only had Japanese with English subs. I am excited to be able to own the all of them!
I purchased season one volume one and season two volume one. I was confused because that didn't seem right I realized after I purchased that each season has two volumes. (my mistake) now I am currently waiting on volume two for seasons one and two.

There are the first 25 episodes on season one volume one. 1-25. Season one volume two is episode 26-52