From the Back Cover
Sanity-saving solutions for dealing with bad bosses!
A nasty boss is a force to be reckoned with--one that can wreak havoc on your life at work and at home. With a nasty boss, you're on the job around the clock: you worry about job security while taking a shower; you run three red lights on the way home because you're busy hatching plans to get in your boss's good graces; you waste the weekend simmering with anger over the latest office mandate. Nasty Bosses is your passport to a happier, calmer, and saner life.
In this sanity-saving guide, Dr. Jay Carter, the bestselling expert on nasty behavior, sets his sights on problem bosses. He provides no-nonsense insights into bad-tempered behavior, offering proven techniques for handling snide superiors.
Combining humor with the know-how of a trained psychologist and former corporate manager, Dr. Carter offers strategies for:
- Navigating around the Carrot Dangler--the boss who motivates with promises but never delivers
- Discerning the deceptive Two-Face--the supervisor who tells everyone a different story to appease them all
- Coping with the Crusader--the chief who demands fanatical hard work and dedication from employees but doesn't return the favor
- Dealing with the Noper--the leader who rejects your ideas only to later implement them as his or her own
- And many other types of nasty bosses
About the Author
Jay Carter, P.D., is a psychologist and former corporate manager specializing in anger management and corporate issues. The author of Nasty People, Nasty Men, and Nasty Women, he has appeared on more than one hundred television and radio shows.