For reasons I don't have an explanation for, my favorite shoe is a black suede shoe. I guess it is because they can be worn with jeans and worn with dress pants and a sport coat -- and both looks are complimented by the shoe because it is suede, I would argue.

Published 9 months ago by Mark

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the size advertised
Doesn't fit like 10M or 44 (European) - more like 9 1/2 or 43. Don't know if I will get much use from them. Too bad....nice shoe
Published 5 months ago by M. Laifer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Never heard of the brand, but seems like a very good shoe . . ., March 14, 2014
Mark (Loveland, OH, United States) - See all my reviews

Having said this, it is difficult to find good quality suede shoes -- there do seem to be a decent number to choose from that are relatively expensive (over $250 per pair, sometimes way over) and a bunch that can be found here and on other web sites for under $100/pair and a good number under $75/pair.

I was not looking for a $400 pair of shoes nor $59.99 shoes. I was thinking $125 - $150 (with the assumption that the Amazon price would offer a better discount than a brick and mortar retail store) should allow me to stay away from the cheaply constructed, low durability models.

Amazon allows returns -- and returns from them are pretty easy to manage -- so I said let's go ahead and try Natazzi and not wait for there to be a top quality "other brand name here" to come along in this price range.

The shoes arrived as promised and the packaging "looked and felt expensive"; the shoes were wrapped in paper and enclosed in cloth bags -- one for each shoe.

The shoes are attractive and comfortable (I've had them on for about 7 hours now without any feeling that I need to step out of them and make the break-in process cover several days -- which, for me, is often typical.)

Now the SRP is claimed to be $429/pair, and the Amazon price is $135.05/pair. I could not say if anyone anywhere has (or should) ever pay $429 for these shoes, but considering that I have purchased previously from Johnston & Murphy (suede shoes @$250/pair) very similar shoes, I would say these show are comparable to shoes costing $115/pair MORE.

These Natazzi's offer fair to good [insole] support (and the inside of the shoes are leather lined -- in red, no less) -- which is a huge step up from most of the suede shoes in the under $100/pair range, which usually have ZERO to POOR support and tend to "fall apart" in less than a year.

These shoes, now that I am wearing them, actually have exceeded my expectations for apparent quality, style, fit, finish and comfort. They have a rubber or "man made" rubber or plastic sole, and I'm thinking this will ensure an even longer life since the shoes ought to withstand wetness better than a "leather soled" version.

For the money, I'd say they are a very good shoe at a very good value.

Even though they are not, per se, "driving shoes", I would think they will be quite as comfortable as my last pair of Florsheim black suede driving shoes which do seem, by comparison, to be quite flimsy.

I gave these shoes 5 stars based on the SHOE I received "for the money." Without any consideration regarding cost, I would have given them but four stars.

Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sizing is TRUE!, June 5, 2014
I 'listened' to the reviews of the shoe, that more than 2/3 of reviews said the shoe runs 'small.' I ordered a 11.0 instead of my normal size, 10.5, and the fit was Huge!

Most discouraging was the fact that I could not exchange the shoe for the correct size! Or, at least I couldn't exchange it for the same price which I purchased the shoe. Should have gone with my instinct and ordered "My" true size. Otherwise, it is a beautiful shoe, very well-made (fully lined in leather,) and really good looking suede loafer.

*Would be a "Bonus" if Amazon (or shoe vendor,) would take the lead and replace the shoe for me with a size 10.5. skc

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive shoes, May 6, 2014
The shoe fit and is comfortable to wear. they are dressy, so attactive with dress clothes. My personal preference is that I wish they had a gold colored buckle, not silver, and the dark blue suede could be slightly lighter. overall I am happy with them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the size advertised, July 20, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Enough Shoe, July 25, 2014
I read the reviews before purchasing this shoe because the product had a very high suggested price versus the sales price. I have about 50 pair of shoes so I have gotten sort of particular about what I buy. The shoes wear well but just a tad larger in the toe area. In my opinion they should be compared to likes of Cole Haan & Johnston & Murphy based on the observed quality. I have only wore them 3 times so this could change as they start to wear.

4.0 out of 5 stars The show itself is very nice. However because of the design if you are ..., October 3, 2014
The show itself is very nice. However because of the design if you are a 10 1/2 you should buy an 11.
I had to return and bought a size 11. Now they not only look nice but are super comfortable. Not a 5 star because all the trouble I had to go through of returning and reordering, but other than that good shoes. Hope this helps

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy u made purchase, August 18, 2014
I read the reviews after I had already ordered them on Amazon and thought I had made a mistake.
I love the shoes although made in India, not Italy they fit perfectly with my size, I have already have had compliments. I am happy I bought them

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, September 22, 2014
I like the shoe. It is comfortable but it is a bit larger than expected . Otherwise perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 28, 2014
thank you very much all the time it's the quality of the product satisfies

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, October 29, 2014
Fantastic deal.
Great looking and great fitting shoes.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›