Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Big Nate Makes the Grade
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

New York Times Best-selling author and cartoonist Lincoln Peirce delivers a fun-filled story with adorable characters that will make you laugh out loud. Nate is well-known in school by his friends and suffering teachers of his behavior and mischief he always gets into. He also knows very much about detention. However, competing with the intelligent Gina on test grades is simply not his style, but will he change his mind and surprise everyone? This funny story will grab the reader's attention to find out what Nate is up to. School life with Nate and his pals entertains, is delightful, and enjoyable. The Big Nate Comic Strip is popular, and the author has contributed animated pilots for cartoon TV shows. Highly Recommended!
on June 23, 2016
I would recommend this book to anyone in range of 4th to 9th grade. The book description said that he got better grades than Gina and he did not. So only for that reason do I take away a star from my rating. It really shows what Nate thinks of school,girls,teachers,and homework. I really enjoyed this book and will probably get another one in the series. In the book Big Nate Gets the Grade you see how funny Nate is, see him get detention, trick the school secretary and more! I recommend this book to all who wish to laugh and follow a 6th grader through his journey in middle school.
on December 18, 2015
My kids love Big Nate books. They used to barely read anything other than Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. After they finished the whole series it was difficult for me to get them enthusiastic about reading anything else, until I found the Big Nate series. My kids love these books just as much, a good age appropriate, funny series for them to dive into.
on May 1, 2013
This book, Big Nate makes the grade, is the greatest book in the series. If I feel bored or want to read something, I would go and grab that book of the shelf immediately. Every page in this book fills you with jokes that will blow your mind. It talks about Nates adventures during school life and also summer break life. He has to go through the furious and evil Mrs. Godfrey, and deal with the Braniac Gina who always tries different ways of getting him in trouble. As everything happens to him, he tries to be the best he can, with his style and humor.
All the other books I've read like this one is nothing really compared to this book. I would say you should read this, because books such as diary of a wimpy kid sometimes doesn't make me laugh a lot, or sometimes it doesn't really make sense. So I would recommend this to people who like comedy and comics to. All to fans of big Nate, come and buy it immediately and start reading.

By Jean-Luc Nguyen
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon September 19, 2012
Nate Wright is back in this latest collection of "Big Nate" comics from Andrews McMeel Publishing. This collection of strips follows Nate through an entire year of school, from buying back to school socks before the new school year begins to all the pranks Nate plays on the last day of school, known to Nate as Prank Day. "Big Nate" comics are about one mischievous middle school student and middle school students are the target audience of this comic strip. There are a lot juvenile words used, e.g. jerkface and Nate constantly gets into trouble for making fun of his teacher. However, Nate really is a fun loving teacher who deep down, actually likes his teacher, Mrs. Godfrey. The story lines I liked best in BIG NATE MAKES THE GRADE were the ones that dealt with Nate playing Chess. For those new to "Big Nate" comics, the cover of the book is misleading (Nate is holding up a paper with an A+ on it to Gina) because Nate does not get an A+ anywhere in the book. New copies of BIG NATE MAKES THE GRADE include a poster of Big Nate.
on January 21, 2015
This book made me laff so much I was crying😂 it's cool I enjoyed reading it make more books.Also I read big nate dibs on this chair and I can't believe he gets a date😱😱and nate still wants a dog🐶.
on June 5, 2014
My rating for this book is five stars
I like this book because it give's a sense of adventure
I would recommend this book to all kids because young adults will not understand but kids and older adults will understand it better
on May 13, 2013
For any one young or old this book is a great read. The pages are in comic book form. It is like reading a continuing comic strip that comes in the Sunday paper. I like the fact that this book is a joy to read and it is hard for our son to put it down when it's time for him to go to bed.
on July 18, 2013
It is an amazing book but no storyline it is just a book of comics so if you love to read comics in the newspaper it is perfect for you but if your expecting a story DON'T GET IT!! I have a lot of these books on my kindle and I got a big mate book at a school book fair and loved it but most of the comics kids understand but some of the comics are hard to understand overall it is a great book this is why I gave it 3 stars
on December 14, 2012
Again, this book was purchased as a gift and was received with great gratitude. In addition, this book has now been used as a motivational tool to encourage another young mind to read. It is via the art of reading that so many minds are expanded with gift of knowledge. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!