Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now bgg

on April 26, 2010
I run on the treadmill in the gym. I can fit my gym card, my iPhone (I used this for tunes as I run) and ear buds into this pack. I mainly use it to hold the iPhone while I run so that it doesn't get knocked off the tray on the treadmill. Works perfect. I completely forget I even have a pack on. It doesn't bind or bounce. I'm so pleased!

12/11/11 Update: A year and a half later, I still use this pack several times a week, both at the gym and running on the street. It it holding up with no issues. My only complaint is that if I'm running a race and need a spot for my car keys, with my phone and ID in here, there is not a good way to carry my car keys with all the large fobs on them. I have to remove my car key from the door opener fob for it to fit with everything else in the pack.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2009
As goofy as a fanny pack can be, this one stays tight on the body and no "bouncing". I used it for a 10K to have a phone, car key, driver's license and credit card and was perfect.
The "excessively long straps" can easily be altered if desired - Cut and then burn the edges to keep from fraying, or simply feed back through the buckle one more time leaving the excess on the inside (disappears when you connect the buckle.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2009
I have been using the 5K for almost 10 years now. For many of those years I lived in sweatshorts in the summer and sweatpants in the summer and so wore the 5k all day every day. It is comfortable and adequate for essentials. I wrote this review as I just bought another one. I try to keep two around so that when one goes there is another to take its place. Of, course with everyday wear they are not going to last so long, but the practicality and comfort level keep me coming back.

Also it is nearly invisible beneath clothes. I wore one when traveling in rural Mindanao a few years ago and the pickpockets had a problem figuring out where the goods really were. One young boy trying to sell me trinkets inadvertantly brushed against it against above my jeans shorts and I could see his eyes light up for a millisecond. So when the bus went on my new seatmate bore scrutiny. It was rather comical to watch him as I pretended to look out the window and he put his far hand under his shirt and slowly worked it across to my side and towards the 5K where the boy had undoubtedly told him it was. When he finally got the opposing hand across to within a few inches I turned and looked at him in the eyes for a few seconds, the hand worked its way back, a little more rapidly this time and he got off at the next stop.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2015
I was searching for something other than an iPhone armband to use when I run outdoors. I wanted something small -- but big enough for my iPhone and also a set of keys and my money clip. (For the record, the iPhone 6 fits in the pouch, but the 6 Plus does not.)

The Nathan Runner's Waist Pack is a solid product. With its two pouches, I can easily fit my keys and my small money clip in the tiny mesh-zippered pocket, while keeping my iPhone in the easily accessible larger pouch. (See attached photos.) The material always provides for a comfortable fit. I never seem to have to adjust the strap during my runs. And the stretchy, elastic pouch provides just the right amount of give when you need to cram a little bit more inside of it.

Importantly, this waist pack NEVER bops or bounces around during my runs. I wouldn't even notice it was there if I didn't need to occasionally adjust the volume on my iPod.

The only reason I gave it four stars instead of five is because the reflexive label on the pouch has begun peeling off. Other than that, this is a quality product.
review image review image review image review image review image
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2011
I'm not too thrilled with this waist pack (AKA fanny pack). It works OK for the most part, but there are a couple aspects of it that really bother me. First of all, when I opened the package I was disappointed to see that my pack has a very different logo than what appears on this Amazon page. Part of the reason I picked this pack is that it's very plain, but the new logo is quite large and eye catching. It's a big triangle with an arrow design. Then, several other reviews mentioned the long straps, but I didn't think that could be a big deal. Well, it is a big deal. I'm not a particularly thin person (32 inch waist), but I really have to tighten this pack to make it fit. This leaves at least a foot of dangling strap on each side. I would trim the ends like others have suggested, but the problem is there is nothing to hold the ends down. You know how a belt has a little loop next to the buckle to hold down the extra bit of belt? There is nothing like that on this pack. I'm currently using hair elastics to hold them in place, but this pinches the strap together making it look bunchy.

There are a couples pluses to this product. The storage space is just what I was looking for; there is just enough space for my classic size ipod and small flip phone. I keep my house key in the smaller front pocket. You can't really tell in the photo, but the front pocket is made of mesh, so whatever you keep in there is visible. If I tighten the pack enough, it bounces only very slightly and doesn't bother me at all while running. It looks pretty ridiculous with the giant buckle and too long straps, though, so I've been wearing it under my shirt and on top of my shorts. I've needed to readjust often since it tends to slide up and land on my skin (which is uncomfortable). Three stars for a so-so product.
on May 3, 2015
I didn't buy my pack from Amazon, but when it was suggested during my search for a new one, I felt I had a duty to share my story to those looking to buy this pack. The strap dangling is a non issue, you can fold that one back around, and it's plenty big enough. The problem with this pack is quality. It began to fall apart at the seams between the belt and neoprene days after I purchased it. It held for several months, and I stitched it back a few times, but it eventually fell apart. I do not recommend this pack.
review image review image review image
on March 29, 2013
Pros: I can fit my smartphone (Droid Razr) in it with my keys and license with room for doggy pick-up bags and chapstick in the front pocket; I can use headphones with my phone if I choose to by leaving the zipper open slightly; the material is soft and not irritating to my skin while I run; the pack does not bounce if I can wear it around my hips

Cons: The strap is too long, even when completely tightened. I have to wear the pack around my hips (38") instead of up more around my waist (27") and, as you can see, I am not particularly small in either area. If you are much smaller than this the pack may bounce around a bit on you. I have to adjust it about 3x when I first start running then it will hit a sweet spot and stay put.
on April 4, 2013
I had been looking for an armband for my IPhone 4 but in addition to not being able to find one small enough for a woman's arm, I also started to think it was a bit dumb displaying a $500+ piece of equipment out in plain sight. I prefer not to be mugged. It was hard to tell from the picture whether or not this would be big enough to fit my phone, but in actuality, it is a little roomy. There is plenty of space for the phone, keys, tissues, chapstick...etc but it's not bulky at all and fits very snugly under a T-shirt. Very comfortable and moisture resistant fabric with quality stitching and enough padding that it doesn't dig in and the phone isn't jostled. Love it!
on November 30, 2011
I use an app on my phone that tracks my distance and speed and needed something large enough to carry my Droid Bionic in but not so large that it bounced around or looked silly. I also wanted to be able to easily remove the phone to check stats etc. This fits the bill perfectly! It is just large enough for my phone, keys and earphones, and has a enough stretch that it fits snugly with no bounce! It seems sturdy and well made. The pouch itself is very soft and the zipper is on the outside of the opening, so no scratching the phone putting it in and out. I do wish it had an earbud access hole, but I just leave the zipper slightly open at the end and thread the cord through that... works fine. I was hesitant to spend $20 on a glorified fanny pack, but this is so much nicer and a whole lot more stylish! Well worth the dough!
ps. Others have mentioned the extra length of strap flopping, and I did find this to be irritating, so I looped the strap back on itself on one side and used the other for adjustment. This left me with only 4-5 inches of extra strap on the adjustment side which I used a rubber band to hold down.
on September 12, 2012
I started running earlier this year and quickly realized pockets aren't the best place to keep my iphone. I wear it to the gym and it doesn't interfere with my upper body workouts like an armband would. I usually carry just an iphone and a set of keys and it's perfect. I ran the tough mudder in July and used this to carry 4 gel packs. It's a great pack, I just wish I could remember where I put it last week.