Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
National Brand Computation Notebook, 4 X 4 Quad, Brown, Green Paper, 11.75 x 9.25 Inches, 75 Sheets (43648)
|Price:||$10.39 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$2.60 (20%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Computation pad
- 100 sheets
- 3-hole punched
- Green Eye-Ease paper
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Package Quantity: 1 | Style Name: Brown
Compare to Similar Items
This item: National Brand Computation Notebook, 4 X 4 Quad, Brown, Green Paper, 11.75 x 9.25 Inches, 75 Sheets (43648)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Brown||Green||Green||Antique Ivory, Brown|
|Dimensions||11.7 inches x 10.6 inches||10.8 inches x 8.4 inches||11 inches x 0.63 inches||2 inches x 10.5 inches|
|Item Package Weight||1.45 pounds||0.85 pounds||1.45 pounds||1.3 pounds|
|Paper Size||11.75 x 9.25 inches||8 1/2 in x 11 in||8-1/2 x 11"||Information not provided|
|Size||75||100 Sheets||5||9" X 11"|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
I purchased two of these notebooks initially to test their usefulness as a note taking medium at the Naval Test Pilot School. After one week of class and homework, I have used the first 50 pages. The paper is truly a joy to write on. The quad rule lines are perfect for writing notes, drawing graphs and charts, and using equations. I have found that my handwriting has improved noticeably as I try to use not only the horizontal lines but the vertical lines to aid letter and word spacing.
The cloth spine binds the pages closely together, making the last inch of the left page unusable in the first 30 pages. Since the right side of the notebook has more pages and is heavier, it tended to lay flat while the left pages curved away from the table to meet the binding. This problem may be visualized by trying to read the beginning of a large paperback book that is laying with the right side flat on a surface. I was able to compensate for this issue somewhat by creasing the left page as close to the spine as possible, but still wound up with the last inch of the paper without a solid surface under it. This problem will likely diminish as I near the center of the notebook and then switch to the right side as I get near the end.
Despite the issue with the unusable space, I really enjoy using these notebooks. After seeing how fast I am going through my first one I purchased 4 more, and intend to keep using them throughout my year at the school.
Now that I'm doing my grad work, I'm glad to see they're still available. I just bought a dozen of them, to use for school and for other projects. They are perfect for engineering, math or science notes and projects. The pages are larger than 8.5x11, so you can easily staple or glue handouts into them. The front and back cover are sturdy and tough, and the binding is strong but flexible. The 1/4" grid spacing is great for drawing schematics or charts or graphs or whatever you need to do. Good quality paper too.
I have a few Ampad computation books too, which I bought when I couldn't find these, and they (the Ampads) are inferior. The paper is rough and pulpy, and the spine _much_ too stiff -- it won't lie flat on the table. One of the nice things about the Nationals (used to be called Avery, but still #43648) is that you can "crack" the spine and the book will lay flat.
If you're an engineering student, this is the book you want to buy.
Things I love about this notebook:
1. It's thin - surprisingly thin, considering the number of pages and weight of the paper - which leads me to:
2. Paper quality is just right. Not too thick, not too thin. It takes the weight of my .5mm TUL pen without bleeding through the other side.
3. Numbered pages - perfect. The very last page is where I write down the name of a recipe after writing it out, then indicate the page number. Useful to not have to categorize on the fly, I can just scan the list.
4. Width & margins - oh, the beautiful margins! Perfect for making little notes!
5. Lays flat - This is the first non-spiral notebook I've ever used that lays perfectly flat without a messy spine break.
6. Binding and cover are both high quality and have so far lived up to the beating of a mad chef.
7. Grids - the grids are just light enough to be ignored if you want to, but not so light that you can't use them. I have rather precise handwriting, so the grids are *very* useful.
Overall, I'd have to say this is one of the best notebooks I've ever owned. I typically buy Moleskines, but the paper quality has diminished over the years (too much bleed through when using ink) - I'm glad to find a replacement! I do wish they had another color (black? red?) as I'm planning on buying another one for work, but I'll make do for such an excellent notebook!
* The green color is easy on the eyes
* the pages are already numbered
* the size allows you to paste a full 8 1/2 x 11 printout into it when necessary
* the binding holds through lots of abuse and lays open
* enough pages to last but not be heavy (part of why I prefer a soft cover)
* paper is thick enough that writing doesn't show through to the other side
* at $7 a piece, this also happened to be the cheapest notebook that came close to what I wanted.
If I were to wish for one thing different, it would be 5x5 squares per inch instead of 4x4 but that is seriously difficult to find and not everyone's preference.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Kind of expensive, but its a really good notebook for research or just regular notes.Published 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
Came in good condition, although the numbered pages are way off. The pages jump from number 36 to 61, then up to 72, and then back to 49. Read morePublished 17 days ago by Amazon Customer
I am an adamant believer that you get what you pay for, and in this case I wanted a quality notebook. This (computational) notebook certainly meets that requirement. Read morePublished 23 days ago by MJO
Not much to say about this - it's a good notebook. The pages were a little thicker than I expected, but that's not a negative - the more durable it is, the better. Read morePublished 26 days ago by MrM21632
This book is great! The cover is smooth, and the binding is tight but not stiff. I'm a research assistant, and I'm looking forward to using this to keep track of all my western... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Frankie
Nice lab notebook great quality I used this for a biotechnology course and it was perfectPublished 1 month ago by Yvonne