5.0 out of 5 stars Kid's World Atlas
Published 22 months ago by Ladybug2837

2.0 out of 5 stars Where's New Zealand and Oceania??
Even my five-year-old son noticed that New Zealand and all of the smaller countries in Oceania were missing from this atlas! Why is Australia the only down-under country mentioned in this book?
Published on May 7, 2012 by scorp_gal_03

2.0 out of 5 stars Where's New Zealand and Oceania??, May 7, 2012
scorp_gal_03 (Portland, Oregon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: National Geographic Kids Beginner's World Atlas (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kid's World Atlas, January 30, 2013
The best Christmas present for my grandson. His mother suggests gifts for Christmas and Birthdays, when viewing Amazon, and gives me the list to purchase, and have sent to the west coast, since I live on the east coast. I was reluctant to purchase for my 4 year old grandson, but he reads it every single day and knows his bodies of water, continents, where grandma lives, and where they live.
When Obama was sworn into office was on TV, he said, "look momma, there is President Obama, who lives in Washington, in the District of Columbia"
Now I feel like I home-schooled my grandson with just one book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Weak on Central America, January 22, 2013
This is a beautiful atlas, and my 3 year old is obsessed with it. However, Mexico and the Central America countries are just glossed over on the broad North America page. Would have been nice to have a page on the Mexican states and one close up of the Central American countries. There is a page that shows the states/territories of Australia, but as another review mentioned New Zeeland and Oceania are missing as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Basic., August 19, 2014
This is listed as a Beginners World Atlas, but it was still more basic than I was expecting. The maps are colorful and the sidebars are interesting, but the atlas isn't complete enough to meet my needs for an elementary homeschool course. The North America section contains features for the U.S. and Canada--nothing for Mexico or Central America. There is no explanation of longitude or latitude. The Prime Meridian and international date line are not noted. There are spreads on each of the continents, but no countries are profiled other than the U.S. or Canada. The Southern/Antarctic Ocean is not labeled. Neither are the Arctic or Antarctic circles. It's an attractive book, but I wouldn't have purchased it if I'd actually examined it in a bookstore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kid's Atlas, March 14, 2012
Love this atlas. It's not super in depth,but it is colorful and well done for my kids (ages 3-8) with homeschool.

5.0 out of 5 stars All you need, March 13, 2014
This beginner atlas is great, it is perfect to teach beginning geography. I used this with my 4,5 & 7 yr olds. The pictures are awesome and the written details are just enough for young kids to understand and learn the basics.

4.0 out of 5 stars Grandson likes it, January 12, 2013
D. P. Williams (Birmingham, Alabama) - See all my reviews
Bought for a 6 year old grandson to try to get him interested in geography, maps and other countries. He is enjoying learning about these things now that he is aware of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it!, March 27, 2014
My grandson is wild about this children's atlas. He loves the lay-out, the colors, the maps....It is just packed with information and holds his interest for long periods of time. We couldn't be happier with this purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty basic, March 17, 2014
Fox (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This is an okay atlas, good enough to get a young child started on. Once my kids were able to grasp the idea of land masses and continents, this was just not informative enough. (For example, there is ZERO mention of the countries in the Middle East or New Zealand.) Personally I found this atlas to be a little too Americentric, but with Nat Geo, that's no surprise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Book, August 13, 2014
My grandson is 5 years old (almost 6) and this is his favorite book. He brings it in the car in his backpack whenever he comes for a visit. This book is always his first choice when he packs his backpack. I do have books at my house for both him and his sister but he always pulls this book out to point out something I need to know. I notice, too, that once we read it, he immediately repacks it so as not to forget it when he goes home.

National Geographic Kids Beginner's World Atlas
National Geographic Kids Beginner's World Atlas by National Geographic (Hardcover - August 9, 2011)
$18.95 $10.42