Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: National Geographic Kids First Big Book of Space (National Geographic Little Kids First Big Books)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 1, 2012
I bought this book for my 4 year old son for Christmas because he has been asking about the solar system lately. The book is hard back and decently thick for the $10 price tag. The pictures are very colorful and text is big so young children will not get bored with each page. The only downfall to this book in my opinion is it didn't talk much about other planets, the majority of it is about Earth, Sun, and Moon.
on December 12, 2012
My son loves this book. He is in first grade and can read the book by himself. He reads to his 4 yr old brother and they will both reiterate facts from the book. Great pictures too.
on March 2, 2013
I'm not there to witness it, but my wife says my 8 year old loves the book. She reads it at night before going to bed. I hope we have a theoritical physicist living under our roof. The possibilities.
on February 8, 2014
My son loves this book with all his heart, but the pages started falling out THE FIRST DAY that we got it. I've had to tape a ton of pages back in and we've only had it for a few weeks. it's really a shame since I'd like to get more in this series, but I won't because of the poor print job and book assembly. Get it together Nat'l Geographic. We expect more from you.
on March 31, 2014
The content is outstanding. The children love it. The binding, however is terrible.
After just a short time the entire book came loose of the spine.
This book was not handled roughly, it is just extremely poorly bound.
That is the only reason I would not recommend this book to buyers
on September 6, 2013
Got this for my nephew on his 8th birthday along with a stomp rocket set, thinking that as he saw the rockets fly up in the air, maybe it might inspire him to want to learn about space. Well..... it was the other way around! As soon as he saw the full color images and the way the text was arranged for more informative and engaging reading, he devoured the book - reading up to page 35 on the first day - and was then inspired to go out and pretend his rocket was visiting the planets he'd just read about :)

We will be buying more NatGeo Kids books for Christmas and are considering subscribing him to the monthly magazine if the photos, language and formatting are similar to what we've seen in this book. AWESOME book!!! I am definitely telling others about this amazing resource - perfect for 8 year olds!
on July 26, 2013
This book starts on earth and then moves out through the solar system. There is a smaller section at end that moves beyond the solar system. Its focus on nearer space isn't necessarily bad, but something to be aware of.

It is well illustrated with both photos and drawings. The text is simple but informative. The layout is a bit cluttered for my taste, I think it can be distracting at places.

One little nit is that it refers to the earth rotating at 1000 miles per second. That is only true at the equator.

Overall I think this book should nurture a younger child's interest in space.
on December 26, 2012
Love it. My son is 4 years old and can not stop reading this book.
Beautiful illustrations, easy to read. Great first book on space!
on December 12, 2012
The photographs and information are excellent and a wonderful way to learn. This was a gift to our nephew and we received a thank you card saying "thank you for the space book so that I can see the moon and beyond". Pretty nifty from a 6 year old.
on April 20, 2014
Within 10 days of having this book the pages began falling out. Numerous have fallen out since and I can honestly say that we have not been rough handling this book.