4.0 out of 5 stars Interactive!
Published 19 months ago by TheAmazingLeper

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
Great pictures and super cute. But this book was a lot smaller and simpler than I thought it would be. Most useful for a child under 1.5
Published 7 months ago by Amy J Abucewicz

4.0 out of 5 stars Interactive!, March 26, 2013
This review is from: National Geographic Little Kids Look and Learn: Same and Different (Board book)
This is neat little activity book. Would probably be a good series for a plane ride or car trip (provided no one gets motion sickness). My two year old worked her way through most of the activities so I'd say ages 2 to 4. The photos are bright and there are several possible answers for each problem presented. I liked this aspect because it gave me a peek at my daughter's perspective.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for toddlers, June 26, 2013
This is a great little book. I trusted the National Geographic brand and was not disappointed. The golden retrievers on the cover hooked me as we have 2, and our grandsons are in love with them. I bought the book for my 15 month old grandson to "grow into." He likes to look at the picture and recognize the animal and point to them. My 4 year old grandson likes the book also, although it isn't much of a challenge for him. I've also used the book with developmentally challenged 2nd graders and they love it!! There are several different activities for kids to do on each page, so it doesn't get boring. I like "counting" books, but you can only count animals for so long:). This book asks children to look at different aspects of the animals on each page, and can be used in different ways. I've gone through the entire book with a reader, asking the same question (i.e., which animal is bigger?) on each page, and I've also used the book, staying on the same page and asking all the different questions.
This book is lots of ineractive fun for little ones and makes grandmothers happy, as they watch the kids discover new things! I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this book used, August 13, 2013
This book is filled with quizzes for kids to distinguish same from different. My son is 19 months and too young for it. But he loves the pictures. I expect him to grow with the book and highly recommend it. One thing I should mention is that the book I got was used. It was described by the seller as good. But upon seeing it, I was disappointed. There are permanent pen-marks on many of the answers to the quizzes, which compromises the educational value. I contacted the seller, owlsbook, about it. They were quick in apologizing for the problem and giving me a full refund. I am very satisfied with their service. However, I still think that it is better not to buy this book used to avoid the kind of problems I encountered.

5.0 out of 5 stars children's book, August 14, 2012
gwenilyn l. hollins-watson (elkins park, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I have enjoyed using this book with my grandson. Keep up the good work National Geographic little kids books. Great!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars well its national geographic, May 3, 2014
I was expecting more of a dog book because of the cover. I'm waiting the dog book coming out in August by the same company

5.0 out of 5 stars For Grandson, December 24, 2013
He is just starting to read and these books are great for him. They are Christmas presents so I hope he likes them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun way to encourage learning., December 16, 2013
Bill Oterson (About 60 miles, or so, east of Manhattan.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This 'Little Kids Look & Learn' from NatGeo is a small board book, about 6 x 6 inches. It's a good size for my 2 yo grandson and it's built durable too, which is also good for my grandson (necessary in fact).

In addition to the books covers there are 10 thick (board) pages to turn and all have photos that are bright and colorful. The page photos are of items and animals a toddler is most likely familiar with and the child is challenged to make choices about what item would belong in which group and what about them is similar or different. There is also a can you spot the difference.

My grandson loves books, as does his 5 yo sister, but she is much too old for this. He enjoys turning the pages, though, and pointing to everything he recognizes. I'd recommend this book for up to a 3 yo.

5.0 out of 5 stars positive reviews from kids, August 18, 2013
Beautiful photography (what else would one expect from Nat. Geo). My nephew enjoys it - two or more thumbs up from recipient and parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series of books, February 13, 2013
These are great interactive books. We bought Match and loved it and we chose this out of all the others because it has golden retrievers on the cover and my littlest boy loves these dogs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, January 28, 2013
Loved this book. I specifically bought each of them to donate to our church nursery. I learned there was one little girl in the nursery who didn't seem to be able to identify animals, etc. and I thought it would be a good learning tool for her.

National Geographic Little Kids Look and Learn: Same and Different
National Geographic Little Kids Look and Learn: Same and Different by National Geographic Kids (Board book - June 12, 2012)
$6.99 $6.29