Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on May 3, 2010
I am pregnant with multiples and wanted an inside out look of what my babies and body are experiencing. Great teaching video on the basics of multiple births. Would be appropriate for helping answer questions that older siblings have (age 13 and up, as conception by male/female intercourse is briefly discussed).
on February 16, 2014
This movie has so much to touch on and does a decent job explaining a lot about multiples. I was not thrilled with the birthing part, I didn't expect that, it actually made me kind of emotional but hey, I need to know what's up, right?
on September 4, 2015
Quite good, but a few things about it bothered me.

"Scientists" say this. "Scientists" think that. Never does the narrator say what *kind* of scientists, or cite anything specific. It comes across like he is trying to sound authoritative without actually doing the research.

It also kind of seems to be trying to be kind of overblown. The music gets dramatic when he's talking about aggressive behavior in the womb, and he talks about shared amniotic sacks like this is very common (when, in fact, it only occurs in about 1% of cases of identical twins). Essentially, a lot of things feel like they were exaggerated a little for effect.

I feel like the film is trying to be dramatic over informative, and with a nonfiction subject which inherently very interesting, false drama gets in the way. It's not too bad, but it's there.

There are also some details which are slightly inaccurate. (Mirror image twins do not always happen at precisely nine days -- if they were, they would all be mono-mono, and there seem to be plenty of mirror image twins that weren't. Identical twins of different genders can happen in two different ways, not just one -- the XXY turning into XX and XY he mentioned, but also XY turning into X in one twin.)

I feel like it could have been better researched and more carefully written.

Another minor nitpick is that when he's relating anecdotal stories (the head on the pillow, the twins in the curtains), I really, really would have liked to have seen video footage of these, not just heard about them. Again, it's a case of not having the sources cited. But it's also a case of really wanting to see it, not just hear about it! I do understand if it could not be possible to capture it, but man, it felt so incomplete to hear the story and not see any of it.

Now, all that said, I still gave it four stars because it's interesting, and the visuals of the babies in the womb are AMAZING. Seeing a baby stroke the amniotic sack, or touch a sibling's face, was so "Wow." The births were also incredible.

Basically, informatively-speaking, I thought it was a bit weak. Could have been stronger, anyway. However, the videos of multiples in the womb are really, really cool, and the births brought tears to my eyes.
on April 10, 2014
This was a great video showing the growth of multiple children in the womb. It certainly shows that they were alive at birth. It was very convincing that abortion certainly kills a child.
on November 11, 2010
I enjoyed this video very much. The Creation of a new life truly is a miracle! I loved the footage inside the womb.I am fascinated with the whole process of multiple births;truly awesome. My only complaint is that in one place they comment how the embryo has gills and a tail and this is due to our evolutionary past! What bunk! The complexity of DNA is sophisticated information in code. We know that when there is information, there is a mind. Where there is information there is a designer. Let's go where the evidence leads us...the miracle of life requires a Creator.