Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on August 11, 2012
My son is 7 and interested in the Titanic. I wanted something that had lots of facts and pictures, but was still accessible and appropriate for his age group and reading level (too many books for kids on this topic are too dense, or are for older readers). The book is good for both solo reading and reading together. It's not too long or too big, so it's not intimidating. I like the imagery and the design. It is just enough for a young boy's attention span. The author is a good children's non-fiction writer, so when I saw her name as author, I felt confident ordering this book.
on December 26, 2012
Got this book for my 11 year old daughter who loves the Titanic. The pictures were great and it had a lot of information. Some that she knew and some new. It was an easy read, but she enjoyed reading it.
on March 15, 2016
What's with the 4-year-olds in love with the Titanic? At first I thought I was the only one, and then I read the reviews. My son joins a club of little guys and gals who can't get enough of all things Titanic - and we don't have enough answers. So, that's where amazing writers, editors, photographers, and publishers come in. When I see anything Titanic that could entertain a 4-year-old and answer his endless questions, I pick it up. I've googled all I can, I need help!

I LOVE this book! It is FULL of pictures on fantastic wipe clean pages! Photo pages. (4-year-old boys get everything dirty, and within the first 24 hours he had something on these pages, and I was over-the-moon when I discovered how easily they wiped clean. Bonus!)

So many great pictures fill this book. Because to a preschooler, who can't read, that's the most important thing! He doesn't want a book filled with words that he doesn't understand, he wants pictures of things he can see. Relate to. Look at. He loves the pictures. He loves to flip through this book and stare at all the pictures, and then show us all the pictures. "Look at this one!" It has pictures of the Titanic being built. Of it floating. Of it sinking. Of it on the ocean floor... And that's what these kids want to see. All these amazing pictures.

Of course, it's full of awesome facts, too. Facts I haven't heard or seen yet either, which makes it that much better. Short little facts that I can read before he flips the page. That he actually takes interest in. That he can repeat.

This is a fantastic little book for anybody who's interested in the Titanic - but especially for kids. Lots of pictures, durable pages, and full of interesting facts. Oh, and a great price! I just wish it came with a Kindle copy.
This book is sooo chock full of interesting information! Perfect combination of short sentences and paragraphs, pointing out the most interesting facts and tidbits about the Titanic, why it crashed, some historical information that shows why so many people did not need to die, nor did the boat need to crash!

- GREAT for kids from 4-10
- Super inexpensive, we bought for about $3
- Just the right length, should last the kid about 30 mins to read on his/her own while looking at the pics
- Since it's a 2 ounce paperback book, it's very portable

Highly recommend and thank you Nat Geo! Take a look at my pic to see a glimpse...
review image
on August 13, 2015
My 10 year autistic son is obsessed with Titanic. He loves it and has already wore out pages. It's been fun and informational to read with him. As a daughter of a school teacher, she ordered one as well for her classroom after seeing how well the story of passengers was told but didn't scare kids when talking about passengers deaths.
on February 2, 2016
My son is 7 and is obsessed with all things Titanic. This book has new and interesting facts and good pictures. It's a bedtime favorite in our house. I especially like how they address the fact that people died, but don't sensationalize the deaths. Instead they focus on all the changes put into effect so this type of accident wouldn't happen again. Also, this is one of the few books that shows some information about the 2nd and 3rd class cabins.
on August 31, 2013
I was at first reluctant to buy this, we were going on a cruise, LOL my grandson wanted nothing more then to read this, as we discussed how things have changed since then, and we were in the Bahama's where ice bergs aren't we delved into it.
The boys loved it they had many little asides, and facts, that even I didn't know, It was a huge hit, and no one was afraid on the cruise.
on December 17, 2012
I bought this for my grandson for Christmas. He is 12. I think it looks like pretty easy reading for him. Nothing wrong with the book just think it would be better for the 8 to 10 age group. It will be a quick read for him but that's OK too.
on June 28, 2014
My daughter, age 7 is obsessed with the Titanic. After reading this book and her having memorized all of the details, we finally had to drive to Vegas to the Titanic Exhibit to get it out of her system. This book is PERFECT for young readers and loaded with great facts and information.
on December 15, 2015
This book accompanied a scale model of the titanic. My 8 year old has loved reading this book and gaining information for his project. I even caught myself reading it after my kids went to bed. The reading is easy, and the content is interesting.