CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
National Geographic Talk Abroad SIM - 1070 International SIM Card
- International prepaid SIM card for GSM phones with low calling rates; requires GSM phone (tri- or quad-band recommended)
- Provides coverage in more than 100 countries, with unlimited free incoming calls in over 60 countries
- One phone number in all destinations (UK phone number provided)
- 30 minutes of initial call credit to the United States from many popular destinations; easy to reload via customer service 7 days a week
- Includes voice mail, text messaging, and 24/7, U.S.-based customer support
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
- Size (LWH): 6 inches, 6 inches, 0.1 inches
The Talk Abroad International SIM offers the following features:
- U.K.-based phone number
- Unlimited free incoming calls in more than 60 countries
- Low outgoing rates
- Prepaid service--no bills, contracts, or hidden fees
- One phone number in all destinations
- Voice mail, text messaging, and 24/7, U.S. based customer support
- Easy to check your call credit 24/7
- Easy to add talk time
- Uses the same GSM technology that over 200 countries around the world use.
- Call-to-cell surcharge: US$0.25 / min
- Text-messaging (SMS): Incoming: FREE! Outgoing: US$0.60 / msg.
- Rates subject to change.
- Outgoing base rates vary depending on the points of origination and the destination of calls (Refer to rate above.
- It is possible to call countries not listed in the calculator.
- Billing increments: 60 seconds
- VAS = Recharge, Balance Inquiry & Voicemail access
|Destinations where Talk Abroad can receive Incoming Calls|
Bosnia & Herzegovina*
British Virgin Islands
Cote D'Ivoire/Ivory Coast
| Equatorial Guinea|
Faeroe Islands (Denmark)*
French Guiana (France)
Hong Kong (China)
Palestinian Areas (Israel)
Papua New Guinea
| Sri Lanka |
St. Kitts & Nevis
St. Vincent & The Grenadines
Turks & Caicos Islands (U.K.)
|* = Free Incoming while at this destination.|
Activating Your Service:
Simply make a call in order to activate your Talk Abroad International SIM card. Your service is valid for 12 months from the day of activation. Recharging your SIM card (adding talk time), extends the validity for another 12 months from the day you add the credit. Please note that while the service does work in North America (in areas with GSM coverage), the service is intended for use overseas and therefore, placing a call from your handset in North America is expensive.
Your Phone Number:
You will have a UK phone number, regardless of where you are traveling. Your phone number will be clearly marked on the SIM card packaging.
Checking Your Credit:
You may check your credit at any time by dialing 187 on your handset. This is a free service. You will receive a text message with your current credit. You will also receive an SMS text message after each call notifying you of your current credit.
Adding Talk Time to Your SIM Card:
You can add talk time at any time - together with your purchase as well as prior to and during your trip. Simply call Cellular Abroad 24/7 on our toll free number and we will immediately add talk time for you using your account information already on file or an alternative credit card. Additional call credit is $29 for 30 minutes of talk time (for most popular destinations). Each time you add call credit or "recharge" your account, you will extend your service life for an additional 12 months from the date of the recharge. Previous call credit will accumulate to your new call credit.
Top Customer Reviews
On my return to the US, I went back to the Amazon website and got permission to return the card, hoping to get a partial refund (I obviously did not expect a full refund, since the card worked fine in the UK). I sent it back and now, 2 months later, have not received a refund, nor has the card been returned to me. You would think that if the company felt I was not entitle to a refund, they would at least have the decency to return the card to me, since it must have had at least $30 of credit on it.
The bottom line is that in most situations you are much better off buying local sim cards abroad. Apparently the attractive idea of using a single sim card throughout much of the world is difficult to implement, and in any event this company cannot be trusted to deal honestly with its customers.
Not what I expected. It would have been helpful had I known that up front.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The service showed great promise...National Geographic association...reasonable rates...quick delivery of sim card. But then it all went wrong. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Eric H. Neighbor
Apparently this doesn't work with any Samsung SGH model phones (as stated in the users guide) - wish the description mentioned that.Published on August 18, 2011 by Peter
Customer Service is hard to reach for reload. I don't know what I did to this SIM and I don't care. Get something reliable when you step out of you backyard.Published on April 29, 2011 by kingsalmonsnagger
I bought the National Geographic US sim card for my unlocked phone. It does not work. It took a very long time to activate the card, and then I did not receive my $10 bonus. Read morePublished on October 5, 2010 by JCS
My daughter and I went to the UK and France on vacation. The callback service worked great for us and saved me a lot of money by avoiding the T-Mobile roaming charges in both... Read morePublished on June 17, 2010 by Dad/Bob
We went to Jamaica and rented the National Geographic TalkAbroad phone. Good price and everything. They described their service as being able to receive all text messages and phone... Read morePublished on March 22, 2010 by H. Brown