Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on January 19, 2008
I had this gem under the Christmas tree for my husband. It is such a beautiful book that we keep looking at it together, remembering the beautiful National Parks that we have been to and the ones we plan on visiting in the future. All the photograghs are beautifully shot, and the information provided is enjoyable to read. The best National Park book I have ever seen!
on July 22, 2011
As a national park lover, this is now one of my favorite books. It combines breathtaking photography with relevant information. Obvious, no book can have every detail of every park, but this one hits the highlights very well. I like the fact that it doesn't feel obligated to give each park a certain number of pages. Some parks, with more things to see and do, and treated accordingly and have more pages dedicated to them. Overall, just a great book with a near perfect balance of information and photography.
on August 17, 2008
We have always enjoyed visiting the National Parks and this book gives us a few we were not aware of and we plan to visit them one day in the future. It is beautiful to look through and the pictures are wonderful. Ruby Freeman
on August 15, 2010
This book is amazing. It is very well written and well organized. This book gives us what we really want: beautiful pictures. Many take up the entire page. The information is very well presented - quite interesting. This is a great resource as well as a great coffee table book.
on October 12, 2009
I purchased this book for my brother to encourage him for a trip to the US. Before giving it to him we spent a nice time reminding our own trip in the Rockies and South-West parks. We are definitly going to the States again to see more!
on January 12, 2013
I bought the mother goose book and it downloaded to my kindle as the Ten bears book. The cover shows mother goose and when I click on it, the Ten bears opens! Just wanted to warn those buying the kindle book. The author appears to have uploaded the wrong content! The sample book looked so cute and I'm really disappointed that it downloaded the wrong content. I'll revise this review once it gets fixed!

UPDATE:
Ok, finally got this resolved! Was on the phone for 40 minutes with customer rep. Felt kinda bad for her, this book was just not cooperating. Finally got it to work now.

Updated the review from one star to three stars. Two stars for the kindle edition problems and the hassle and 4 stars for the book itself, which is nicely illustrated.

For those having problems, delete the book from all devices, then redownload it from the cloud. The author seems to have posted an update now. If that doesn't work, contact customer service and they can either send it again directly to your kindle or provide a refund. Don't think I'll be buying more books from this author. This was a major pain to deal with. Sorry for those of you having problems with this too!
on August 30, 2008
looking for a book of national parks for a friend in france. she is curious what it looks like in america and always wanted to tour some of america's nat'l parks. great book for what i was looking for. fabulous color photos.
on December 17, 2009
The book arrived on time, and was gorgeous. I bought it as a gift, and can't wait to give it to her. The book is large with fantastic glossy pictures of all the parks. Great buy for someone who is interested in the parks
on October 7, 2010
It is a good tome to overview America's National Park System. Parks of interest will require further research for more comprehensive information.
on July 9, 2013
Since I bought this book expecting breathtaking photographs of some of our nation's natural wonders, imagine my disappointment when I instead found a collection of shots that evoked nostalgia for the 1980's jigsaw puzzles I assembled as a kid. Try to visualize that grainy, washed-out look of color photographs from the era of dropping off your film at Walgreens, when people would take photographs of their feet to "use up the roll." Because this book is a 2001 reprint, the photography can be firmly placed in the last millennium, and doesn't feature the sharp resolution and realistic color that even a cell phone can produce in the current day. The book features some interesting text on each park, but nothing that can't be found for free on Wikipedia. In summary, this would have been a nice coffee table book about 20 years ago, but the poor-quality, blurry photographs make it somewhat of a relic in 2013.

Update: yesterday I flipped through a book in my local bookstore that contained the sort of awe-inspiring photographs that you expect when you buy a book on the Parks. That books is The National Parks: Our American Landscape. It's not the exact same type of book; it's not a catalog of all the National Parks, but rather a randomly-ordered selection of breathtaking photographs of them. If the photography is what interests you, I would strongly recommend that book.