Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:$13.89+ $3.99 shipping

on July 11, 2014
This is a great album, first one I ever purchased by OneRepublic. The 2014 CD re-issue includes "Love Runs Out," the single that prompted me to give this CD a full listen and eventually purchase. The rest of the album also enjoyable and I highly recommend.

Here is the tracklist of this US re-release:

1. "Counting Stars"
11. "Something I Need"
12. "Preacher"
13. "Don't Look Down"
14. "Life in Color"
15. "If I Lose Myself" (Alesso vs. OneRepublic)
77 comments|125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2013
In OneRepublic's latest album, "Native" brings a fresh new sound to the group's already impressive resume of music. Overall, the album is quite a bit more upbeat than the previous two. I absolutely loved the first two albums, and this one adds to that love. While Dreaming Out Loud and Waking Up both had a few slower, almost melancholy songs, "Native" seems to have a happier feel to it. Even the slower songs on the album seem quite a bit more "full".

The album starts off with a simple intro in "Counting Stars" that bursts into what has become probably my most favorite song on the album. Right away it's apparent that OneRepublic has decided to experiment a little with their iconic sound this time.

As the album moves on to "If I Lose Myself" and "Feel Again" (The album's leading singles), the energy stays constant. "If I Lose Myself" has an almost club-like feel to it, while "Feel Again" sounds very much like the traditional OneRepublic sound.

"What You Wanted" is a continuation of that iconic sound, followed by "I Lived". This song has an easy-going simple feel to it. I really like this song, as it has a wonderful message. The song is about making sure that you make the most of life and not let it pass you by. One line in the chorus line sums it up by stating: "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

The album then moves in to "Light it Up". This song seems to be another experiment. It's a pretty catchy, new sound for OneRepublic. "Can't Stop" follows, also being a little different. This song is also incredibly catchy. I think the reason for that is the drum beat.

The album slows down here a bit, with "Au Revoir" and "Burning Bridges". The first brings in the cello sound that I love and had up until now been absent in the album. The later starts slower, but picks up into a traditional One Republic feel.

"Something I Need" is a great song that starts out acoustic and builds. I like the line in the chorus here that states: "If we only die once, I wanna die with you." I really like the song that follows, "Preacher". It's hard to describe why I like it. I think that it's mostly because it's just an easy going song with a catchy beat. "Don't Look Down" was kind of a disappointment, but an understandable ending to the album, as it's just a nice outro.

I got this album as a deluxe edition, so I don't know that the last songs are included in the regular version. "Something's Gotta Give" comes next. Admittedly, this is one of my less favorite songs in the album, as I just couldn't get into it. However, "Native" ends strong with "Life in Color". This song is so upbeat. And really is a kaleidoscope of sound. As I listen to this song, I can easily envision the colors that OneRepublic's music creates. It is a great end to a great album.

Overall, I love this album. I have enjoyed the previous two albums, and this one didn't disappoint. The only think I wish OneRepublic would have done would be to incorporate the cello sound more into the songs. I absolutely love their use of the cello, and I missed it in their newest album. That being said, it is still a wonderful album that is sure to captivate both the long-time fan and the newcomer alike.
22 comments|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2013
At first listen the songs kind of floated by, but as we go through life, we find meaning in songs that we didn't think we ever would. "Feel Again" stood out right away, but other songs like "Counting Stars" and "Preacher" I came to love. Great CD!
on May 31, 2014
I really liked their first album and a few songs on the second, but when did the lead learn to sing like this!? There was nothing to prepare me for this album. It came out of nowhere, the great sound is there, a little more upbeat, and man can this guy sing! It is so good, there is no way they can top this album!
on March 26, 2013
"Native" is OneRepublic's third album and I must say, it's a lot better than I expected it to be. The bouncy shimmery "Counting Stars" opens the album, followed by lead single "If I lose myself" which reminds one initially of their mega hit "Apologize" before picking up a bouncy beat.

"Light It Up" is a gritty rocker with an anthemic chant and Ryan Tedder singing in a disembodied falsetto. "Can't Stop" is a ballad with crashing beats which reminds you that Tedder penned smashes for Leona Lewis, Adele and Beyoncé. In fact, the tender piano ballad "Au Revoir" wouldn't sound out of place on an Adele album.

Tedder gets to soar vocally on "Burning Bridges", while the biographical ballad "Preacher" finds him reminiscing about his Pastor grandfather. Closing is the brief swirling "Don't Look Down" with choral flourishes. Rather good.
on October 25, 2013
I purchased this album when their only single off of it was "Feel Again". After listening to the rest of the album I was very impressed. I have only been a fan of a few of their songs in the past. Some of my new favorites are "If I lose Myself" "Something I Need" and "Preacher". Now officially a fan!
on October 27, 2013
I love this album from the writing, music and the meaning it has to me. The many different songs combine to make a very interesting, smart and multifaceted album. A new favorote as soon as I bought it. Great job OneRepublic :)
on August 22, 2013
I like their sound - which was consistent throughout the album.
Some great tunes for speeding up my walking too.
on August 18, 2014
Irelands One Republic offer a bold heart pumping
rock inspired alternative to most of this years new
releases with ' Native ' .

Lyrically creative this band can bang out great songs
Counting Stars and their hit Love Runs Out worthy of
any play list, What You Wanted and Burning Bridges
show the same resolve .

The word Same perhaps describes this albums failings .

As a body of work, most of the 15 tracks are a variation
on a very narrow theme, something that can upset the
best artists who decide to produce themselves .

One Republic can look towards a bright future but will
be better served with an independent producer who
can bring out more light and shade from their god given
talents .

Buy It Or Fly It ? Native Is A Buy - PC - LA .

releases
on July 14, 2013
I have always longed for a OneRepublic album. I always loved them on the radio -every song I've heard from them. But when the time would arise, I never would purchase one of their albums. Finally, when I saw the cool album art for this one I clicked into it and saw it was also on sale so I picked it up.

I am in LOVE. Shame on me for not buying any of their other albums (which I will be doing soon). With a lot of music I just think "Oh, well I'll hear the best ones on the radio so I don't need to buy the album". Well, there is not really a single song on this album that I would want to miss. Sure there's one or two that I don't like as much, but they are all great songs!

I knew I had to pickup this album when I heard "Life In Color" and after hearing the whole song and the whole album it is officially my favorite song. All of the songs are very upbeat, some of them start out slow like "Preacher" and even "Counting Stars" but then that "big band" sound kicks in and you know you're listening to OneRepublic.

The lead vocalist Ryan Tedder is amazing and struts his vocals singing songs like "Can't Stop" that are primarily in his upper register.

I think part of their success is their love for music. All of the songs sound different, while still sounding like they belong on the same album. Most songs have a clear instrumental break where you just get to enjoy the music behind the song before Tedder comes back in again.

This is one of my favorite albums and something I haven't stopped listening to since I got it!