Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Natura One Pound Yarn 5100 16-Ounce/812-Yard Skein of Yarn, Leaf Green
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 12, 2011
Note: Caron yarn can be purchased with coupons at Michaels and Jo-Annes and some other stores as well as on line. There are coupons available to get you 40-50% off.
If you are looking for a good sturdy, durable yarn - this is it. I knit and crochet for charity, so I need some low priced yarn that I can use.
The dye process allows the same color time after time. I do have to worry about buying enough because I can buy more anytime and still get the same color.
I can testify that a blanket made from this yarn lasts and lasts. I have a granny blanket made 25 years ago that I still use.
It is washable. It is acrylic so it does not cause an allergic reaction like wool.
It is reasonably soft, though there are softer commercial yarns. I do not think it is soft enough for babies or chemo patients or someone with very sensitive skin.
Sometimes you will find a knot in the middle of the skein.
Azuare is a lovely color and I just finished using it as the main color in a blanket. Most of their colors are very nice. I only wish Caron carried a little larger selection of colors in this yarn, including a caramel and some grays.
All that said, this is a very nice yarn for the price.
What else can you say about Natura One Pound Yarn, except that it's not only wonderful yarn to work with[I crochet, so it's perfect to use--it doesn't split or fray, or come untwisted while working with it], the end result of all your hard work is just beautiful because of it--I think you can't go wrong purchasing this yarn, and if you do lots of crocheting or knitting to make things for gifts, how wonderful that the price for this 16 oz. of yarn really can not be beat--the color is also vibrant, deep and rich--and it stays that way washing after washing.
on March 27, 2014
For being acrylic, it feels pretty good. I purchased it because it was the only shade of brown (nutmeg) that I wanted, that I could find. When I am done with my project, I'll still have a ton left over...this could be a good thing or a bad thing, lol. This kind of acrylic would be good for blankets, scarves, hats, maybe even a cardigan, I think.
on February 24, 2013
Quote from description:

Solids: 16-ounce/453-1/29g; 812yd/742;49m; Prints: 10-ounce/283-1/2g; 507yd/463;6m;

As you can see, it plainly states that the Prints are 10-ounce skeins. I have never found any brand that doesn't have less weight in the prints/ombres/multi colors.

That said, I really like this yarn. It works up quickly and is reasonably soft for an inexpensive yarn. It comes in many solid colors, but not enough prints for my taste.

I have used this yarn for several projects - a granny square bedspread, a knitted afghan, and a crochet afghan (combined with a Simply Soft print).

The only reason I give this a 4-star rating is the lack of prints selection.
on July 19, 2010
With Caron, I am always confident that the yarn colors, and weights always coordinate beautifully.
on March 8, 2014
Seriously, this is a daunting pile of yarn. I knew what I was ordering, and I know 800 yards isn't infinite, but it still took me by surprise.

It's a decently pretty purple, but not as bright as the picture seems. Decent quality yarn, and overall just decent. It achieved my expectations but didn't surpass them.
on December 12, 2013
Arrived promptly, happy with the color. Sometimes it is hard to determine the color of things online because there is a difference in monitors settings, lighting, etc. which changes the color. I feel like I got a good deal. It was packaged very well and protected from the elements in plastic.. Happy with the product and the seller. Thanks a million! Would shop with this seller again! Merry Christmas!
on May 1, 2013
I purchased the color Claret in tnis yarn. I have been using this brand for years. Wal Mart ran out of this color. I was finishing up a sweater. I was surprised that Amazon sold yarn and alot of knitting supplies. I have since ordered needles, a knitting book and 4 skeins of the lace colored Caron yarn. the quality of the yarn stands up to numerous washings. Amazon please bring back the color Ocean from this company.
on November 20, 2012
The color was fabulous and the quality of the yarn was great. I just hated the fact that it tangled soooooooooooo much as I had gotten to the middle. Normally, I am used to tons of tangles at the end but I still had a half of skein and it took me 4 hours to untangle everything. This was the first Caron skein that I have ever had like this but it will not stop me from purchasing again in the future.
on May 22, 2012
I first purchased Caron One Pound yarn because of the low price and high yardage. The yarn is unsurprisingly not that soft, although I think it's adequate for a warm, chunky afghan, which is how I'm using it; I don't think it's soft enough for clothing or scarves or the like. In addition, the colors pictured here are NOT accurate. Although "lace" looks like a rather dim orange, it's actually a light tan.