5.0 out of 5 stars No Grain, No Brainer!
Published on June 27, 2012 by daroo

2.0 out of 5 stars Dented Cans. Is Amazon Selling Seconds?
My dog needs and likes this limited ingredient food. However, practically every can received from Amazon is dented; is Amazon selling seconds? Some are so severely dented that I cannot trust the food to be good. I have purchased this dog food from other companies (Petco), both on-line and in a store, without the dented cans.
Published 16 months ago by Walter

5.0 out of 5 stars No Grain, No Brainer!, June 27, 2012
This review is from: Natural Balance Canned Dog Food, Grain Free Limited Ingredient Diet Venison and Sweet Potato Recipe, 12 x 13 Ounce Pack (Misc.)
First of all let's address the subject of why dogs are increasingly sensitive to grain, beets and corn. Grain, beets and corn are used as fillers in many animal feeds. But the fundamental problem is that these three things are all genetically modified, with chemical insecticide spliced into the dna of the seed. You can look this up on Google, please do. Toxic grain. Animals and children are the first to show illness when the food or the environment is toxic.

Now about my experience with this dog food- I have two dogs, both rescues. The Poodle had allergies to everything. The Italian greyhound/chihuahua was so starved you could see every rib and knuckle (severe neglect). This food is like 'good medicine' to these little friends of ours. I never have to coax them to eat. I feed them the "grain free" dry kibble, as well. They eat it slowly like they are enjoying every bite. Their weight stays level and they look shiny and beautiful. (I use the feed guide on the can and bag).
The Greyhound was blowing her coat for the first month of rescue but this food and fresh daily water and walks has made her stop shedding. It just stopped! No more hair all over us!!

**If you are starting a sick, weak, or rescued "puppy mill" dog on this food; you must give it four to six weeks to see the full benefits. Like building blocks. The metabolism will renew and the blood will get stronger and you will see muscle tone and bright eyes. Then their minds sharpen and you see a personality, which is a real treat! I love dogs! There is something magical about them, don't you think?

The cans are 13 ounces, with a 'ring and pull top' opening. (It smells like something you could eat on a cracker. When the poodle smells it he howls like wolf, only in a higher octave!!) There are twelve cans. They arrive in a cardboard flat, surrounded by heavy shrink wrap. Human food/grade, grain free, dog food.
5 stars it's all good. Natural Balance Dry Dog Food, Grain Free Limited Ingredient Diet Fish and Sweet Potato Recipe, 28 Pound BagNatural Balance Canned Dog Food, Grain Free Limited Ingredient Diet Venison and Sweet Potato Recipe, 12 x 13 Ounce Pack

Best wishes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Venison & Sweet potato dog food, May 14, 2011
Arniesaa (DAVENPORT, IA, US) - See all my reviews
My yellow lab has both allergies and digestion issues. We tried every type of dog food including lamb and rice and he couldn't tolerate it. He finally was ok with venison and potato by Royal Canin but still had bouts of diahera and stomach pain. We were very happy when we found Natural Balance venison and sweet potato. Our lab no longer has any digestion issues and is doing great! We also like the fact that they make a biscuit so he can also have a treat. Amazon is great to order from. We don't pay any shipping and the orders get here in good shape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff...for my pups, April 13, 2012
No complaints here, my dogs eat the NB venison & sweet potatoes dry dog food and I have to mix in a little of the can food as well so they will eat the dry food. Apparently my dogs are extremely spoiled and refuse to simply eat dry dog food LOL

5.0 out of 5 stars all 8 dogs love it....., December 27, 2012
The problem with that is.....that only 1 of the 8 dogs, a new rescue Border Collie, has allergy issues. So I have to fight off the other 7 when breakfast and dinner are served !

The Border Collie can be a picky eater, so naturally I was a bit apprehensive about the first serving I put in front of her. Should not have been concerned: she licked her bowl clean.I gently warmed in microwave to just room temperature.

I'm not sure exactly what she is allergic to so it's a process of elimination at this point. She will be on this wet food as more of a treat and her dry food is Costco's Nature's Domain grain free Salmon and Sweet Potato, which I swear looks the same as Natural Balance dry of the same combo! If this does not cure her itching, fur pulling, paw chewing etc. I may have to bite the bullet and go for full allergy testing. This is my last option. Supplements of every kind you can think of have done nothing to help her.

I must wonder if this is the reason someone dumped or abandoned her.

So I highly recommend this as an apparently great tasting wet dog food. My 8 rescue dogs certainly woofed it down !

4.0 out of 5 stars Healthy - and a bit mushy, August 9, 2013
Inaru "bibliophilia" (Puget Sound Area, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
It is as advertised - the limited ingredients keep his very delicate digestive system running great. I have to try the duck, though. There's no real enthusiasm as he eats this flavor canned, or in the kibble. His skin and coat look great, so nutritionally, it's excellent.

Shipment of cans via Amazon isn't so great - despite lots of plastic air pillows, they shift in transit and some cans inevitably get dented. Since it's one of the few items that isn't much cheaper on Amazon - except it is not sales-taxed yet - I'm likely to buy single cans in different flavors, locally.

5.0 out of 5 stars My dogs love it!!, August 14, 2013
We bought this food because our older Chi mixes were showing signs of allergies. We wanted to eliminate all possibilities so that we could treat the problem. Turns out they are very sensitive to flea bites! However, they loved this food so much and it improved their coat so well that we are still using it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Saver, March 23, 2012
We have an 11 year old Golden who suffered for two years with re-occuring ear infections. Nothing the vet prescribed touched it. When she started biting and licking all the fur from her paws and legs, I traveled 30 miles to see the vet that took care of my family's dog when I was a kid. He pulled her off of all commercial dog food and treats, recommending I find a Limited Ingredient Diet product for her. We brought a bag of the kibble and a can of this to show him, and he told us "this has a lot of good stuff in it" so we tried it. Seriously, within two weeks the ears had NO black discharge and the smell was gone. Her paws went from hot and red to cool and pink. This dog got to the point where she disliked being touched because her skin was so stressed, but after introducing her to this food.. she plays, and talks, and loves being a Golden again. Oh, and she snarfs the food. Kibble, can, mix together.. she makes it disappear. We highly recommend Natural Balance Duck and Potato, and Venison and Sweet Potato found in both dry and canned.

5.0 out of 5 stars the only food for us, March 27, 2013
my dog has to be on a low fat, high calorie diet and this stuff is great. We add a supplement to it so she loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars dog -lip smackin` good, December 25, 2012
I have 5 small senior dogs. 3 have food allergies so this was a great alternative to cooking for them

5.0 out of 5 stars good food, December 23, 2012
I have an allergy dog. The dogs love venison. Love this company. A cheaper alternative than vet allergy food. a winner

Rate and Discover Movies