5.0 out of 5 stars Heavenly Beds on a Budget
Published on October 28, 2006 by Lisa Davis

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for
Published on November 26, 2007 by Peter SE Jenks

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, November 26, 2007
The name of this product is very misleading: it contains only 5% down. It is also noisy--the lining makes a relatively loud crinkling sound like plastic. This may still go away, I have no idea. Other reviewers report feathers sticking out and poking people after just a few weeks. But it costs 1/10 what a nice down comforter does...so...you get what you pay for. To its credit, it is warm, has nice loft, and is light.

1.0 out of 5 stars They have changed it!, November 29, 2008
Kirsten (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
I ordered one of these last year around Christmas and was very happy with the quality. So much so that I ordered two more this year for my children. The comforter I received this year is nothing like the one last year. It is exactly like the posts that describe it as sewn together sheets with feathers poking out of it! You can feel the plucked feathers everywhere! Yuck! The one from last year is soft, with fine down and not a feather poking anywhere. It is sad that there is such inconsistency in the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Classic White Goose Down Feather Comforter, February 20, 2009
ok this review is to everyone hoping to get a better product by luck! Please if you're one of those people who thinks "well the one they send me may be different than the ones these reviewers got" you are wrong. Believe the description when it says 5% down. This means 95% is feather. Now let's describe feather; the wing part of the bird which includes the little pricky stick thing in the middle. And that is exactly what you will find in this "down" comforter. Even though they give the percentage of down, they should call this a feather comforter NOT down. Down is the feathers underneath the goose wings and they are soft, they don't have prickie stick things that poke you. As soon as i felt this while the comforter was in the packaging i sent it back within the 5 minutes I received the item. Do not waste your time or money by ordering this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't fall for the low price! Awful product!, September 11, 2009
Heidi Duryea (Crested Butte, CO United States) - See all my reviews
Caveat Emptor!
Description is misleading!
This description on line said Hypoallergenic 5% White Goose Down and 95% Feather.
But the package says 5% White Goose Down and 95% White goose soft feather INSULATOR. It feels like it is stuffed with NEWSPAPER and it STINKS! It's loud & crinkly!!

Don't waste your money on this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavenly Beds on a Budget, October 28, 2006
This company, Natural Comfort has to be the best kept secret out there. Whoever you are... BLESS YOU! I love your stuff, loves it! I have to compare this to the overprice Pacific Coast Feather Co. I used to buy their products, but not anymore as long as this one is affordable. This company actually uses GOOSE FEATHER DOWN. A big difference from "feather filled". Down products should be made of goose or duck down and is a soft gentle under feather that looks like a matured dandelion head flying in the breeze. Down feathers are used by the birds is used for bird nesting and insulation for birds to stay warm during cold seasons that's why its such a great product for bedding. Feather filled can be made of many types of fowl feathers... particulary chicken, wild game, turkey or goose from commercial farms and are hard and pointy. Feather filled products will tend to poke out of fabric or feel "hard" under your touch. With this comforter, you get nothing like it. You can tell its real goose down and if you hold it up to the light, you can see the down under the fabric. Yeah, maybe the pockets are not filled completely, but you don't need it to be. This comforter holds the heat in. I love it. I recommend it to APO customers and stateside. Awesome product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Where's the down?, July 29, 2007
Why one star? Well, because this comforter is just poky feathers, not down. Granted, you get what you pay for, but the number of raving reviews for these comforters is puzzling. Have these people never felt the softness and warmth of real down, or do they refuse to believe that they spent $40 on feathers? Anyway, it is what it is. If you want down, you'll probably have to pay for it like I'm now going to. This comforter looked to good too be true and, alas, it was.

2.0 out of 5 stars Low cost and quality, July 10, 2008
I ordered this comforter because it was cheap and seemed to have good reviews. Also, the title describes it as a "goose down" comforter. This is misleading, as the comforter only contains 5% goose down and 95% other types of feather. It's still a warm blanket, but the feathers often poke through, and they can be kind of sharp. Sharpness is perhaps not the best quality in a comforter.

I give this product 2 stars. I would have given it one star, but after I bought it, I saw that the product details do list this item as only being 5% goose down. I just want to prevent others from being misled like I was.

3.0 out of 5 stars Crunchy, July 10, 2008
I bought this for my oversized king mattress. I was having a very hard time finding an oversized down comforter to cover my 15" mattress for an affordable price. The cover on the down is not very soft; luckily I have an incredibly soft duvet. So I wouldn't recommend using this comforter without a duvet cover. It did fit in the king Biltmore duvet I bought from Amazon perfectly. So I don't totally regret buying it.. But I'd prefer something nicer. Down comforters are not suppose to sound/feel crunchy. There is definitely quill feathers in it.. a lot.. and there shouldn't be. I bought a Cal-King size 108x98 and my duvet is 110x98. the fullness of the comforter is just right, it does fluff up well.

5.0 out of 5 stars What's All the Fuss About????, October 31, 2012
Hold it everyone. You pay a small fraction of the price and you want a $250 down comforter???? Use your brain. What did you want? I wanted warm. If a feather pokes at me, which it hasn't, then, I will very warmly turnover and remove it when I awaken from a very warm slumber. It just bugs me that people refuse to pay the going price for something and complain like it should have acted like a $250 item. Hate to disappoint you all, but my husband and I think it's just as warm as our really expensive one, and we don't mind the so called "noise"? Our $250 down comforter makes equal noise. There is no smell. It was packaged beautifully. It arrived quickly. It's not as full, but I didn't buy it for decor. So, while all of you are complaining that a feather stuck you, I say this company is really great to put together something that keeps you equally as warm as the expensive down at a fraction of the price. If I want decor, I will throw another pretty bedspread over it. If a feather pops out, I will be thankful it isn't a foam filled product that doesn't keep us warm. Love it!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Value and Quality, February 21, 2007
I have wanted a nice soft down comforter ever since we took a cruise and had such a nice one on our bed. Unfortunately, before this one, all of them were out of my price range. I was hesitant to order one this inexpensive, figuring the quality couldn't be that great. Boy, was I wrong. My husband looked at it on our bed and asked me twice, "Are you sure that's what you paid for THIS?"

It is soft, it is luxurious, it's just a fine quality comforter. I hope to get another one for our guest room before Amazon wises up and charges more for this. Wow! I'm very happy with this purchase.

Natural Comfort Classic White Goose Down Feather Comforter, Cal King
$99.99 $59.29
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.