Published on March 12, 2011 by Goldengate

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me. : ((
I bought Wellbetx Pgx Soluble Fiber as it was recomended by Dr. Mark Hyman on Huffington Post, posted on May 29, 2010 08:30 AM, under the title: The Super Fiber That Controls Your Appetite and Blood Sugar.
I religiously took it for more than a month, 2 capsules twice a day, 15min before meals.
I'm vegetarian and diabetic so my meals consist mostly of fibers...
Published on July 26, 2010 by Ana Luiza Welch

5.0 out of 5 stars For me, this stuff is nothing short of a miracle - 20 pounds down!, March 12, 2011
I read some of the reviews of this fiber on Amazon and wondered if they were written by people who worked for the company or something. I mean, easy weight loss is on the same line of the Fountain of Youth in our culture and there are no short cuts, I had always thought. You eat less, exercise more, and theoretically you start losing weight. For me, I'd do this and lose a couple of pounds, then plateau and get frustrated, and go off my program and start gaining weight again. I also found if I exercised I'd be hungry afterwards and then eat a granola bar or something to offset that, and in the process replace the calories I'd just burned exercising. Like many I found losing significant weight really hard.

Until I found these little pills by accident. I read the reviews on Amazon and thought "Well for $20, what do I have to lose?" and ordered a bottle. I started off slow (1-2 capsules a day) and noticed no ill effects. I noticed that I felt more full after taking a capsule. Then I moved to taking 2 capsules before each meal with a full glass of water. That's when I really began to lose weight. I've lost almost 15 pounds taking these capsules. I did keep exercising (same amount as before) so no change there. My diet has changed a bit as these capsules mean no snacking and no cravings for me.

This stuff is way too good to be true - again I've been someone that's always struggled in losing weight. I keep thinking something's going to go wrong but the pounds continue to come off. Read my other reviews- I'm an Amazon top 500 reviewer and have reviewed a LOT of products, good and bad. I have no affiliation with this company, so an honest review like all my others.

In reading about the principle ingredient of these capsules, Konjac, it seems like it lines your stomach/intestines and prevents sugar absorption. While not diabetic I'm from a family of diabetics and have low blood sugar and blood sugar swings. I think this fiber supplement evens those swings out, prevents calorie absorption, and provides a feeling of "fullness" that makes it easy to skip snacks and eat smaller portions.

As they say, your mileage may vary, but these capsules have really worked for me.

Update 4/1....still on "the program" and still losing weight though not as rapidly. I'm down a total of 20 pounds now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work as hoped, January 21, 2010
I really don't know how to review fiber. I know that sounds silly, but what do you say? I will tell you why I bought this particular brand and what is is doing for me and hope it helps someone(s) who is/are thinking of buying this product. I purchased this particular brand because root of konjac is the most highly recommended fiber out there. I purchased root of konjac in the WellBetX PGX form because Dr. Mark Hymen, author of many books, my faves being Ultrametabolism and Ultrametabolism cookbook, and former head Dr. of Canyon Ranch in Lenox, MA recommends WellBetX products as being very reputable and processed properly with only the purest of ingredients. I only take 2 pills before lunch and 2 before dinner. I was constipated at first for about 4 days, but now I am very regular. I have a movement twice a day now rather than just once a day. I did notice a decrease in my appetite and I can honestly say I don't have very many sugar cravings at all. That doesn't mean I wont grab one of my sons Oreos, but I don't grab 10 now. I really think it does help metabolise any sugars in my food. I don't feel like I have any sugar lows or highs like I did prior to taking this product. I also don't need my coffee fix. I do drink tea, but haven't had coffee in a few weeks now. Do drink alot of water with this product, however. As with any fiber product you need alot of water to help with digestion. Please drink alot of water anyway....water is the miracle we all are looking for! Read "Your bodys many cries for water" for some great info. on that subject! I hope this review was helpful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried the rest BUT THIS IS THE BEST.., September 9, 2008
may read "jenlay73" (Oklahoma City, Ok USA) - See all my reviews
I have tried several versions of this type of product, Konjac root and this blend is the very best. You do not get constipated or just pass whole undigested pills. You also end up eating less due to the water and the fiber. I often feel full and crave less sugar. This really helps monitor your eating habits. A++++

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked When Nothing Else Would, June 26, 2008
I love this product! I have been working out with a trainer for almost a year and had hit a plateau with my weight loss. I tried eating less....doing more cardio...nothing! For several months! After less than two weeks of taking the WellBet PGX, I had lost 5 pounds. Then, I went on vacation for a week (left the PGX at home) and gained the 5 pounds pack. When I got home, I started up with the PGX again and quickly lost the 5 pounds again, plus about 3 more in the matter of a couple of weeks. I have changed nothing else diet or exercise wise. The PGX is the only change I made! I am completely happy with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars WellBetx PGX, October 17, 2008
I found this to work (take away my appetite)extremely well. The big key in this is drinking a full (large) glass of water and waiting 15 min. for the tablets to work. You will have room for some food but a lot less than you would if you hadn't taken them. Your bowels will work more smoothly also.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am surprised, November 9, 2007
I recently (a couple of months ago) started using WellBetX PGX with Mulberry. I am a Type II diabetic and have had trouble getting my numbers down even with medications and other natural products. I decided to try one more thing and I am glad I did. I started taking the WellBetX with my lunch and dinner and trying to keep to a reasonable diet including high fiber foods. I found that if I keep my meals and snacks small and take these capsuls, along with my prescribed meds, I can often find my numbers in the 90s or low 100s. If I don't take them they can run in the 120s to 130s. This may not seem like much to some people but it sure helped me have some peace of mind. I don't know if they will work for everyone; I just know what they did for me. KR-Calif.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME FOR DIABETES, January 12, 2007
I have been using Wellbetx for several months now and have gotten my diabetes under control for the first time in years. I have ordered it for my son who is on insulin shots and recommended it to almost every friend I have that has diabetes. I have never been more satisfied with any product! THANK YOU WELLBETX!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me. : ((, July 26, 2010
I'm vegetarian and diabetic so my meals consist mostly of fibers (salads).
I'm gonna tell you what happened to me during this period.
I had two bowel movements a day, so I believe it's gotta clean your guts like Mark Hyman states.
It slowed my digestion considerably. That wasn't good because my blood sugar would remain higher for longer periods of time.
I didn't loose weight since I'm not fat and this fiber is supposed to make you loose excess weight.
When you take these pills don't take any medications within 1 hour before or 2 hours after taking it because the fiber may absorb the medication. That required a lot of planning of my part and it didn't work since I have prescriptions that I'm supposed to take at least twice a day.
The mullberry made me nauseous.
Honestly, I think you should give it a try and see how you feel, since we are all different from each other.
Sure hope this review helps you make a better purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Weight Loss & Lower Blood Sugar!, April 12, 2007
I have taken this product for 3 months and have lost 15lbs and . . . my blood sugar is looking good! I just saw my doc yesterday and he is very happy with my progress. Be sure to take as directed and especially be sure to drink a lot of water. I have not had an issue with gas but have noticed a reduction in appetite and I feel full as long as I take the caps.

5.0 out of 5 stars HELPS WITH DIETING, September 25, 2008
Judy (Matawan NJ) - See all my reviews
I am not sure why, but this product is helping me with dieting, whereas I have been unsuccessful on my own. I purchased it last month, and take it before dinner, and occasionally before one other meal. I do not feel extremely full, but I do fill satisfied to the point where I can stop eating. Already I have lost a few pounds. That makes me want to watch what I am eating the rest of the day. Also, I do not suffer from excess gas as some have mentioned. I am not one to buy appetite suppresants, but this product caught my attention as it did not have the list of warnings that accompany some supplements. I am buying this product again.