Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Size: 180Package Type: Standard PackagingChange

on October 25, 2011
I see Dr.Oz recommend this on his show, start taking it in May 2011 starting weight was 242, now in Oct 2011 I am 203, combined it with 30 min of an elliptical 2 or 3 times a week love this stuff makes me fill full a little bit of gas the first 2 weeks then it is back to normal, I have been telling everybody about this .
0Comment28 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 25, 2008
I am not sure why, but this product is helping me with dieting, whereas I have been unsuccessful on my own. I purchased it last month, and take it before dinner, and occasionally before one other meal. I do not feel extremely full, but I do fill satisfied to the point where I can stop eating. Already I have lost a few pounds. That makes me want to watch what I am eating the rest of the day. Also, I do not suffer from excess gas as some have mentioned. I am not one to buy appetite suppresants, but this product caught my attention as it did not have the list of warnings that accompany some supplements. I am buying this product again.
0Comment60 of 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2012
I was overweight for most of my life and tried almost everything to loose the weight i am a chef of 45 yrs and found pgx did research on it and thought i would give it a try. well it worked i lost over 30lbs on the first bottle i bought over a 3 month period along with a change in my eating habits too. it make you fell fuller faster and i found myself eating about 1/2 of what i normally eat. so i started my wife on it and she also lost 30lbs in about 3 months. i am on my 4thbottle and i have lost 115lbs in about 18 months. great product.
11 comment30 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2011
WellBetX's PGX capsules, while providing you with 60 more than PGX Daily brand, are actually giving you less for the same price. Where you only need take 1 PGX Daily twice a day, you need to take 2 WellBetX capsules twice a day to get the same amount of Mulberry extract (the active ingredient). So, you may get more capsules for the same money, but you don't get the same value.

So, even through WellBetX's brand does the trick (it works!) I will go back to PGX Daily brand for my next order.

By the way, this whole PGX thing seems to be working for me. Not only do I want to eat less after taking it, my blood pressure medications and my triglyceride medication all seem to be working better. It surprised even my doctor. Along with an increase in exercise over the past 6 months, I have dropped my body fat percentage from 29% down to under 18%, lost 3 inches off my waist and haven't missed the food I have no longer been cramming down my throat.

Great OTC product, just that this brand is not right for my money.
11 comment39 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2010
I bought this product after reading about it in the Huffington Post. When it comes to supplements I am a skeptic, but I decided to buy this for three reasons, one: I had read that PGX can help control blood sugars, this appealed to me because about an hour after I eat I get hungry again; jittery hungry! My boyfriend also is extremely hypoglycemic, so I thought I would try the PGX out on him too. The second reason, I read it can help one loose weight. Third: I read it was suppose to help regulate your system. Now having taken the PGX for several weeks I can truly say that I notice a difference when I take the supplement about 15 minutes before I eat. I don't get the jittery hungry feeling anymore and feel more even throughout the day. Because I feel like my blood sugars are more even I don't snack as often, thus I've lost the 5 pounds I wanted to loose for some time, rather easily. As far as regulating your system, my boyfriend has had far better luck than I have. If I don't drink a full 64 oz. of water a day..... nothing happens! Figuring the water is good for me I don't see it as a bad thing, but I don't always get as much as my body needs to help the PGX do its thing.

Long story short, I will be buying this product again! I think it is well worth the benefits.
0Comment28 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2012
Great fiber supplement AND Glucose management system!!! It may give you a little gas at first, but don't let that keep you from taking it. Seems the more water I take with it, the less gas I have. It's supposed to be taken with at least a full glass of water. I have been taking this for 10 days now, and I've noticed a significant change in my regularity. I went from not going for 3 days at a time to going 2 or 3 times per day. And it has really cut my cravings for any sweets whatsoever. So I fully believe that it regulates your glucose levels, which is important to keep Diabetes away. On top of that, I get full faster, and don't overeat. This may be a LONG-TERM supplement for me.
I'm really hoping to see some weight loss soon, but I believe it will happen since my cravings for sweets have died down, and I've been staying regular. I would definitely buy from this seller again.

PS. I noticed some reviewers commenting on their weight loss. And I just want to add that weight loss with this product is a PLUS, however, what the product *claims* to do is (and I quote):
"PGX with Mulberry Extract is a proprietary fiber blend formulated to promote healthy blood sugar levels*. The formula slows glucose absorption and creates a sense of satiety (fullness) while reducing the absorption of calories. This impressive PGX Blend, short for PolyGlycopleX, exerts 3 to 5 times the effects of other fibers."

So take this into consideration when you are reviewing the product. It does not claim that you will lose weight!! It claims to create a sense of satiety, (which will likely prevent overeating, and thus CAN cause people to lose weight). What it CLAIMS to do is manage your glucose levels - It states CLEARLY on the label "GLUCOSE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM"; it does NOT say weight loss miracle pill!
22 comments33 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2009
I bought this because I heard it would help with blood sugar and weight loss. I started with 2 tablets before each meal and didn't see a change. I went to 4 tablets before each meal and I noticed a drop in my blood sugar of about 20 points (I'm usually just over 100 and was worried - now I'm in the low 80s). I am also slowly losing weight, 7 pounds so far. I have none of the negatives mentioned by others (no digestive problems at all). I just reordered more - I highly recommend it. Rarely do I get any product that does what it promises - this one did! Shipping was also lightening fast.
0Comment39 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2014
Have tried it two different times now...both times the same: epic constipation. Check it out: a) I'm not prone to constipation, b) I drank double the recommended water—in case you don't believe me I'm saying 16 oz for 2 capsules, c) I always drink lots of water throughout the day so I'm not dehydrated in general, d) I get plenty of exercise each day. Furthermore, the second go-around with this stuff I even drank about 10 oz of water every 10 minutes for 30 mins AFTER the dose of PGX with water. No go. Digestion screeched to a halt as soon as I took this and I couldn't go even with huge amounts of water and "gentle" laxatives for 5 days. Both times. I'm only telling you this because its proponents have said "You cannot get constipated if you are taking this with enough water." And that statement is WRONG. Hey, maybe I am just super sensitive to this type of fiber, but consumers should know that this side effect is not just to be brushed aside or blamed on the user. Use with caution, and be aware that it could happen to you too. I can't recommend it by a long shot.
33 comments23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2009
I have diabetes type II. It was extremly hard to maintain a normal bloodsugar level. I LOVE to eat fresh fruit and it was hard to give it up, cravings were there all the time, but even when I did, it was still difficult to get bloodsugar level to normal.
Then I heard dr. Christian Wilde (who gave out the book "Hidden causes of heart attack") talk about natural cures in the radio and mentioned PGX as a way to control bloodsugar when you have Diabetes type II. He said PGX has been researced for 10 years for it and it has unbelieveble results. If ppl keep taking it then they have to lower their insulin intake or else bloodsugar dropps too low.
Well since I was struggeling with my bloodsugar I decided to give it a try. I took two pills before breakfest and two before lunch, I skipped dinner. I even ate fruits, and within two weeks my bloodsugar was so low I, surprise surprise, had to lower my insulin intake.
Plus another positive thing was I was eating less and lost some weight.
I think everyone who has diabetes type II, or if you know someone who has, give it a try. Make sure you pick out PGX with mulberry.
11 comment50 of 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2008
I have been taking PGX for almost a year now to help control my diabetes. I do not take any medicines for my diabetes. I take PGX and other minerals and supplements to help me control the blood sugar.

I like PGX; however with the one with Mulberry it upsets my stomach. This is the second time I tried it with the Mulberry and I perfer the regular PGX and that is what I will order from now on.
11 comment47 of 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse