The Powerhouse Mat from Natural Fitness is designed for fitness floor exercises, Pilates, stretching, and restorative yoga. Unlike typical foam exercise mats, this Powerhouse Mat is made from non-toxic foam material which does not contain PVC, halogen, or phthalates, making it safer for both the user and the environment. The mat measures 23 by 72 inches and 3/8-inches thick.
About the Zero Impact Program
One of Natural Fitness's founding principles is to tread lightly on the earth. They aim to offset the environmental impact that results from the manufacturing and distribution of their products. To achieve this, the company created their Zero Impact Program (ZIP). While Natural Fitness is always looking for new and creative ways to offset their eco-footprint, heres is what the company is currently doing:
- Plant-A-Tree Initiative: For every product sold, Natural Fitness will fund the planting of a tree, which can remove up to 2,000 pounds of pollution from the atmosphere. Through various partner organizations, the company hopes to improve the lives of people around the world by implementing sustainable land-use programs utilizing the trees provided. Locations for planting trees vary; but past projects have been conducted throughout Asia, Africa, and the Americas. Each location and project is researched and developed to implement the most effective plan possible; one that is best for the people and eco-system involved.
- Offsetting the eco-footprint of their employees and offices.
- Use a "green" web host company that utilizes solar panels to power its data center and office.
- Partnering with like-minded companies to raise public awareness about the environmental problems created through use of fossil fuels and other non-sustainable practices.
- Using recycled content paper in business cards, letterhead, envelopes, labels, checks, and printer/copier paper. All of the product packaging and inserts that Natural Fitness uses are made with recycled paper.
- Using recycled packaging materials and boxes in the company's warehouse. They also pack with old newspapers and other recyclable paper products.
- Helped create the Chicago Biodiesel Co-op, which educated, promotes, and produces locally-derived biofuels.
- Greening the company's comprehensive recycling program and using natural light when possible.
- Spearheaded an ambitious recycling program for the 500,000 square foot office building Natural Fitness occupies, along with 60 companies.
Generously sized and easy to clean, this exercise mat will be a comfortable addition to any workout or Pilates class. Finished in olive, the durable mat is made of environmentally friendly foam and will help cushion your movements to prevent injury and make workouts more comfortable. Non-toxic material - No PVC, halogen or phthalates . Large size mat provides extra room to work . Environmentally friendly . Closed cell foam is easy to clean . Excellent cushion . Lightweight . Use for Pilates or fitness exercises . No assembly required . 90-Day warranty . 72 in. L x 24 in. W x 0.38 in. H (2.20 lbs.) The Natural Fitness Powerhouse Mat is designed for use during general fitness or Pilates exercises. At 0.38 in. thick and 72 in. long, this mat provides excellent cushion and plenty of room to work. The foam material used is free of PVC, halogen and phthalates making it safer for the user and better for the environment.